[SI] More on the birthday bash

Old August 25th 04, 07:51 AM
Al Denelsbeck

Default [SI] More on the birthday bash

(For those who are just tuning in, check out
http://www.pbase.com/shootin, and especially the rulz at
http://www.mattclara.com/si/)

The response towards having a special mandate for the first year
anniversary of the Shoot-In seems to have been rather positive, if I'm any
judge, so it looks like September 24th is going to be our celebration day.
Or at least, when the mandate is "official".

I'm not sure having everyone know ahead of time is going to be all
that much fun, so here's what I'm thinking, subject to getting beeyatch-
slapped off the newsgroup for being presumptuous: We'll get together a list
of suggestions/ideas over the next few days, then have a secret ballot on
them, by e-mail, and the winner gets announced on September 24.

Sound cool?

At the very same time that you answer that one, you can offer your
own suggestions or ideas for the list, to be presented "in a while" (when I
get to it, but within a week or two) to be voted upon. As it stands now,
the suggestions a

"Wild Card" (choose whatever previous mandate you like)

"Best Photo You've Taken In The Past Year" (within the overall SI
period)

"Do It Right" (Retake a previous submission, but with any errors
corrected)

"Photographer's Choice" (I presume this to be different from Wild
Card in that you're not limited to previous mandates)

"Cheerleaders" (yes, we all know who suggested that one)

"A Big Event"

And I'll throw out a suggestion of my own, and call it "Special
Guest", which will require enlisting some professional photographer or
artist to provide one for us. Could be interesting.

So, fire away with the suggestions, and I'll publish a complete list
when responses seem to peter out. And *then* we'll actually vote on them.

Cheers!

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
Old August 25th 04, 11:30 PM
st3ph3nm

Al Denelsbeck wrote in message .168...
(For those who are just tuning in, check out
http://www.pbase.com/shootin, and especially the rulz at
http://www.mattclara.com/si/)

So, fire away with the suggestions, and I'll publish a complete list
when responses seem to peter out. And *then* we'll actually vote on them.

Cheers!

Sounds good.

We could be mean and make the mandate "Self Portrait".

Cheers,
Steve

Old August 26th 04, 01:14 AM
Bowser

"st3ph3nm" wrote in message
om...
Al Denelsbeck wrote in message
.168...
(For those who are just tuning in, check out
http://www.pbase.com/shootin, and especially the rulz at
http://www.mattclara.com/si/)

So, fire away with the suggestions, and I'll publish a complete list
when responses seem to peter out. And *then* we'll actually vote on them.

Cheers!

Sounds good.

We could be mean and make the mandate "Self Portrait".

Please, God, no!

Cheers,
Steve

Old August 26th 04, 02:56 AM
Al Denelsbeck

(st3ph3nm) wrote in
om:

Al Denelsbeck wrote in message
.168...
(For those who are just tuning in, check out
http://www.pbase.com/shootin, and especially the rulz at
http://www.mattclara.com/si/)

So, fire away with the suggestions, and I'll publish a
complete list
when responses seem to peter out. And *then* we'll actually vote on
them.

Cheers!

Sounds good.

We could be mean and make the mandate "Self Portrait".

Did that already, my own first mandate ("Rogue's Gallery"). Caught a
bit of flack for it too ;-)

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
Old August 26th 04, 02:56 AM
Al Denelsbeck

(st3ph3nm) wrote in
om:

Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
Old August 26th 04, 10:02 PM
Bandicoot

"Al Denelsbeck" wrote in message
. 168...

Sounds good.

Suggestion of something along the lines of "Something I've never tried
before" might be another one to vote on.

Peter