I'm looking for a book on Photoshop - 'Inside Photoshop".

Old March 23rd 18, 10:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

Default I'm looking for a book on Photoshop - 'Inside Photoshop".

"Eric Stevens" wrote

| It seemed clear enough to me when I wrote the original post but it's
| obvious I didn't make myself clear. Thinking about it, what I need is
| the equivalent of block diagrams with explanatory text. Sticking with
| my original example: what goes on inside PS when one creates a
| clipping mask? What graphic elements are used and how are they
| manipulated behind the scenes?

What are the bottom block and the top block?
I'm not sure we're seeing the same operation.

Old March 23rd 18, 11:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

I have trouble dealing with
things if I can't understand them,

then you must have an enormous amount of trouble in this world.
Old March 23rd 18, 11:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

"Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name. Please
search for GreinerHormann clipping algorithm in Wikipedia to check
for alternative titles or spellings."

not only does wikipedia have articles for both of the above, but both
links go directly to the respective pages.

They do now for me, but they didn't several hours ago.

user error.

You love jumping to conclusions. Wikipedia is doing it again and
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxpbce5epy...pture.JPG?dl=0 is a screen
clip of the message it displays. You can take your pick of possible
explanations.

i stand by my assertion that it's user error.

your screencap doesn't show what url you used, which is key evidence.
why did you intentionally hide it?

chances are your ****ty newsreader mangled the url and you refuse to
admit that it has once again, ****ed you over.

i just tested the wikipedia link again and it works without issue. the
problem is clearly at *your* end, not wikipedia.

as i said befo
you did something wrong or your ****ty newsreader is once again not
handling links correctly.

in other words, user error.

If you had read my original post you would know that I do not want
algorithms.

i did and you did.

Among other things I wrote "This doesn't mean that I want to know the
actual code but I would like to know what the code is doing."

I suppose you could that interpret that as a request for an algorithm
but I actually intended reference to something higher up the chain
than an algorithm.

that would be conceptual, which was also explained.
Old March 24th 18, 02:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 19:35:24 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

"Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name. Please
search for GreinerHormann clipping algorithm in Wikipedia to check
for alternative titles or spellings."

not only does wikipedia have articles for both of the above, but both
links go directly to the respective pages.

They do now for me, but they didn't several hours ago.

user error.

You love jumping to conclusions. Wikipedia is doing it again and
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxpbce5epy...pture.JPG?dl=0 is a screen
clip of the message it displays. You can take your pick of possible
explanations.

i stand by my assertion that it's user error.

your screencap doesn't show what url you used, which is key evidence.

why did you intentionally hide it?

I didn't hide it. I used the one you provided. I have no other.

chances are your ****ty newsreader mangled the url and you refuse to
admit that it has once again, ****ed you over.

Here is screen shot of part of the article you wrote including the
URLs you gave
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ldr8tdhm9...ture2.JPG?dl=0

Is there anything wrong with those?

i just tested the wikipedia link again and it works without issue. the
problem is clearly at *your* end, not wikipedia.

They were working for me but they are both now bringing up the message
for which I have already given you a screen shot.

as i said befo
you did something wrong or your ****ty newsreader is once again not
handling links correctly.

in other words, user error.

If you had read my original post you would know that I do not want
algorithms.

i did and you did.

Among other things I wrote "This doesn't mean that I want to know the
actual code but I would like to know what the code is doing."

I suppose you could that interpret that as a request for an algorithm
but I actually intended reference to something higher up the chain
than an algorithm.

that would be conceptual, which was also explained.

But the name of a book ... you have already said there are many of
them but you have yet to give me the name of one.

Eric Stevens
Old March 24th 18, 02:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 15:39:17 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Mar 23, 2018, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

On Thu, 22 Mar 2018 19:44:34 -0400, "Mayayana"
wrote:

--- snip ---

I'm sorry if that's not what you're looking for. I
just don't know what else you can find out.

It seemed clear enough to me when I wrote the original post but it's
obvious I didn't make myself clear. Thinking about it, what I need is
the equivalent of block diagrams with explanatory text. Sticking with
my original example: what goes on inside PS when one creates a
clipping mask? What graphic elements are used and how are they
manipulated behind the scenes?

I still don’t get where you are going, or what sort of thought exercise you
are entertaining with this search into the inner workings of PS. For that
matter you might as well ask for the same information on Alienskin Exposure
X3, On1 Photo Raw 2018, Affinity Photo, etc. After all they all follow
similar principles when it comes to creating clipping masks, and other
graphics editing staples.

What are you trying to achieve other than a thought exercise?

Does it matter? I just would like to know.

Eric Stevens
Old March 24th 18, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 19:35:23 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

I have trouble dealing with
things if I can't understand them,

then you must have an enormous amount of trouble in this world.

Would you extend that to claiming that you deal with things even if
you don't understand them?

Eric Stevens
Old March 24th 18, 02:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 18:55:57 -0400, "Mayayana"
wrote:

"Eric Stevens" wrote

| It seemed clear enough to me when I wrote the original post but it's
| obvious I didn't make myself clear. Thinking about it, what I need is
| the equivalent of block diagrams with explanatory text. Sticking with
| my original example: what goes on inside PS when one creates a
| clipping mask? What graphic elements are used and how are they
| manipulated behind the scenes?

What are the bottom block and the top block?
I'm not sure we're seeing the same operation.

How about:

1. Make selection to be used as clipping mask.

Eric Stevens
Old March 24th 18, 02:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

chances are your ****ty newsreader mangled the url and you refuse to
admit that it has once again, ****ed you over.

Here is screen shot of part of the article you wrote including the
URLs you gave
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ldr8tdhm9...ture2.JPG?dl=0

Is there anything wrong with those?

that looks ok.

i just tested the wikipedia link again and it works without issue. the
problem is clearly at *your* end, not wikipedia.

They were working for me but they are both now bringing up the message
for which I have already given you a screen shot.

then there is something is wrong at your end.

it's time for some troubleshooting.

If you had read my original post you would know that I do not want
algorithms.

i did and you did.

Among other things I wrote "This doesn't mean that I want to know the
actual code but I would like to know what the code is doing."

I suppose you could that interpret that as a request for an algorithm
but I actually intended reference to something higher up the chain
than an algorithm.

that would be conceptual, which was also explained.

But the name of a book ... you have already said there are many of
them but you have yet to give me the name of one.

any book on image processing algorithms.

except now you say you don't want to learn about algorithms.

that tells me you don't know what you want, which means nobody can
suggest a book because you'll just say it contains the wrong stuff.
Old March 24th 18, 02:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

In article , Mayayana
wrote:
I have trouble dealing with
things if I can't understand them,

then you must have an enormous amount of trouble in this world.

Would you extend that to claiming that you deal with things even if
you don't understand them?

i don't have a problem dealing with things i don't understand.
Old March 24th 18, 02:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 3/23/2018 10:17 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 19:35:23 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

I have trouble dealing with
things if I can't understand them,

then you must have an enormous amount of trouble in this world.

Would you extend that to claiming that you deal with things even if
you don't understand them?

I'm having trouble working back to the quote fragments:

" I have trouble dealing with"
"things if I can't understand them,"
~~
Anyway, way back in the day I had a lot of trouble
dealing with early integrated circuits because I
had no idea what happened inside. In time I learned
to deal with "black boxes" when only knowing
their transfer function.
Back then I spent a lot of time looking up the
circuits within the ICs, only to later find that
that level of detail didn't matter.
~~
Have you not learned to deal with black boxes?
--
==
Later...