B&H and Nikon D70

Old September 8th 04, 12:21 AM
Matt Clara

"Boogersnot" wrote in message
Matt Clara wrote:
"Boogersnot" wrote in message
I've been checking B&H's website for several weeks looking for a
Nikon D70 (body only), but they seem to be permanently out of stock.
Anyone know what the deal is?

Get in on this deal, and resell the lens if you must. It's a decent
lens for the price.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=337127&is=REG

The above is the package I'm looking for, but I refuse to be a victim of
Nikon's predatory sales practice. I already have a full range of Nikkor
pro lenses. I wonder how many other people are trying to sell this lens
because they wanted the D70 camera body, and caved in to this scam. It's
almost like Nikon have been taking sales lessons from CCI, Smile and
Broadway, and their ilk. I guess I'll stick with film for the time
being, and consider an entry into digital at another time. Too bad.

I'm sorry, that kit doesn't contain a lens, and thus isn't being shipped by
Nikon, either.

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old September 8th 04, 03:36 PM
Dallas

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 18:49:07 +0000, BandHPhoto wrote:

I've been checking B&H's website for several weeks looking for a Nikon
D70 (body only), but they seem to be permanently out of stock. Anyone know
what the deal is?

I do. Nikon USA is shipping the D70 + 18~70 all-in-one-package kit but not
the body-solo. If we had 'em, we'd sell 'em.
- --

regards,
Henry Posner/B&H Photo-Video
http://www.bhphotovideo.com

Henry, what's the deal with not shipping the D70 out of the US? I was all
set to buy from you guys but at the checkout I got bounced by a message
saying that you are not allowed to ship the D70 to a non-USA address.

--
Dallas
www.dallasdahms.com

Old September 8th 04, 09:25 PM
Roger Halstead

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 18:15:35 -0400, "Boogersnot"
wrote:

Matt Clara wrote:
"Boogersnot" wrote in message
I've been checking B&H's website for several weeks looking for a
Nikon D70 (body only), but they seem to be permanently out of stock.
Anyone know what the deal is?

Get in on this deal, and resell the lens if you must. It's a decent
lens for the price.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=337127&is=REG

The above is the package I'm looking for, but I refuse to be a victim of
Nikon's predatory sales practice. I already have a full range of Nikkor
pro lenses. I wonder how many other people are trying to sell this lens
because they wanted the D70 camera body, and caved in to this scam. It's
almost like Nikon have been taking sales lessons from CCI, Smile and
Broadway, and their ilk. I guess I'll stick with film for the time
being, and consider an entry into digital at another time. Too bad.

I purchased mine from the local Nikon Dealer and it came without the
lens.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Old September 9th 04, 07:24 AM
Mark M

Matt Clara wrote:
"Boogersnot" wrote in message
I've been checking B&H's website for several weeks looking for a
Nikon D70 (body only), but they seem to be permanently out of stock.
Anyone know what the deal is?

Get in on this deal, and resell the lens if you must. It's a decent
lens for the price.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=337127&is=REG

The above is the package I'm looking for, but I refuse to be a victim of
Nikon's predatory sales practice. I already have a full range of Nikkor
pro lenses. I wonder how many other people are trying to sell this lens
because they wanted the D70 camera body, and caved in to this scam. It's
almost like Nikon have been taking sales lessons from CCI, Smile and
Broadway, and their ilk. I guess I'll stick with film for the time
being, and consider an entry into digital at another time. Too bad.

I suspect this is their way of ensuring that those with existing Nikon
lenses will decide to spring for a higher level DSLR, rather than selling
them the low-ball body at a loss. I would imagine they can justify the loss
by thinking they are attracting NEW Nikon customers, rather than simply
selling at a loss to existing users who would be more likely to shell out
for the more expensive bodies given the fact they are already investing in
Nikon gear.

Pretty..."interesting" tactic, if I'm correct.

Old September 9th 04, 07:36 AM
Bruce Murphy

"Mark M" writes:

[...]

It would be nice if people bothered to make the distinction between
Nikon USA (who are clearly infidel *******s guilty of good old
american predatory business practices, breaking perfectly good model
names, ********ing up warranties and warranty service and eating
babies) and Nikon in the rest of the world who seem perfectly good.

Yes, yes, I realise that to americans the rest of the world doesn't
really exist.

Old September 9th 04, 07:42 AM
Mark M

"Bruce Murphy" wrote in message
"Mark M" writes:

[...]

You have the amazing capacity of turning benign posts into some sort of
anti-american blather. Nikon and Nikon USA are still the same basic entity,
run by people who are capable of setting world-wide models of business if
they so desire.
If the Japanese want Nikon USA to do things in a particular way, they can do
that.