Request for permission to use this group

Old December 25th 07, 08:58 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
susanajones

Default Request for permission to use this group

Hello fellows...
My name is Susan. I love photogrpahy and often enjoy exhibiting my
work. I have been a newspaper photographer for 20 years. I have won
several awards for my newspaper photos. Recently I've set up my own
studio for when I resign next Feburary.

I see a few of you have a perchant for attacking women who post here.
I've had to put up with males doing this all my life. Eventually,
rather than take psychiatric treatment, I decided to fight back. So
successful was my retaliation, I got promoted over the idiots who
tried so had to put me down.

I'd really like to participate in the group. All the insults and name
calling going on are right up my ally. So what do you say boys? Can we
get it on and really shake the foundations of common decency here? I
just love a good cat fight, my nails are long and sharp and I promise
(just like John McWilliams and Mark Stevens) to never post a decent
photo or any evidence of my ability, knowledge or awards or claims.

Who will be the first to welcome me?

Old December 25th 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
hickster11

"susanajones" wrote in message
[...]

AWWWWW..............ok Bob Hickey

Old December 25th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pat[_6_]

On Dec 25, 3:58*am, susanajones wrote:
[...]

When someone asks a legitimate question or has an insightful comment,
I will often respond regardless of whether the poster is male, female,
or something else entirely.

So I promise to treat you the same way. Until/unless you have
something interesting to say/ask; I ignore you out of my sense of
fairness.

Old December 25th 07, 07:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
John McWilliams

Pat wrote:
[...]

Welcome, Susan!!

We always love "new" folks here who post with chips on their shoulders.

I've seen very little of folks attacking anyone for being female. Some
of us have a "perchant" for revealing BS in certain posters and their
sock puppets.

Can you point out some posts that attack anyone simply for the sex they
happen to be?? I find it repugnant, same as I do a few male posters
bashing women by assuming feminine names and then talking like swine.

Oh, no permission required; we often use LCD here.....

Hope your Christmas is Merry and Bright!!!

--
john mcwilliams
Old December 25th 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
susanajones

On Dec 26, 5:30 am, John McWilliams wrote:
Pat wrote:
[...]

Thank you John.
From what I read, Rita and Helen get a rough time here and the mention
of Lisa had me searching through google history. She seems to have had
more than her fair share of attacks. In fact, a few hours looking
through this the history of Usenet in general leaves a bad taste in my
mouth. Predominantly a male society.

Where's the best place to host my photos and blog?

Thks.
Old December 25th 07, 10:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Dec 25, 4:55*pm, susanajones wrote:

From what I read, Rita and Helen get a rough time here and the mention
of Lisa had me searching through google history. She seems to have had
more than her fair share of attacks. In fact, a few hours looking
through this the history of Usenet in general leaves a bad taste in my
mouth. Predominantly a male society.

Coincidentally, a poster named D-Mac is currently on the same Kisa
Horton kick. Maybe you've heard of him since you use the same
computer. BTW, are you related to alienjones?

Old December 25th 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Pat wrote:
[...]

From what I read, Rita and Helen get a rough time here and the mention
of Lisa had me searching through google history. She seems to have had
more than her fair share of attacks. In fact, a few hours looking
through this the history of Usenet in general leaves a bad taste in my
mouth. Predominantly a male society.

Where's the best place to host my photos and blog?

Thks.

Not happy with Go-Daddy?
Old December 26th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Sad. Notice how the spelling errors multiply when s/he gets angry..?

susanajones wrote:
photogrpahy
Feburary.
perchant
tried so had..
right up my ally..

and the attitude..?
I promise (just like John McWilliams and Mark Stevens) to never post a decent
photo or any evidence of my ability, knowledge or awards or claims.

Just as well, really. We know who's name would be on the "awards"..

Who will be the first to welcome me?

Sure. Welcome.. back.
Old December 26th 07, 01:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"susanajones" wrote in message
Hello fellows...
My name is Susan....

Who will be the first to welcome me?

I welcome you, but then, I am a pussycat who usually welcomes everybody, so
I don't count very much......I won't mind if you post a few of your pictures
from time to time, either.......

Old December 30th 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Kinon O'Cann

Learn to use your filters, and don't be shy. Most of the "violence" here is
male on male, as you'll see.

Now post some pix. Quick.