Film Lives!!!

Old October 10th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

Default Film Lives!!!

Maybe on life support but it is still alive.

http://tinyurl.com/269lnk

Draco

Enjoy today.

For tomorrow is promised to no one.

Old October 10th 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Michael Benveniste

"Draco" wrote:

Maybe on life support but it is still alive.

http://tinyurl.com/269lnk

Does this mean that Plus-X and TMax-3200 are discontinued?

--
Michael Benveniste --
Spam and UCE professionally evaluated for $250. Use this email

Old October 10th 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

On Oct 10, 4:02 pm, "Michael Benveniste"
wrote:
"Draco" wrote:
Maybe on life support but it is still alive.

http://tinyurl.com/269lnk

Does this mean that Plus-X and TMax-3200 are discontinued?

--
Michael Benveniste --
Spam and UCE professionally evaluated for $250. Use this email

Maybe I should have loaded this instead:

http://tinyurl.com/2cb9hu

It is the page for Kodak black and white films. Plus-X and Tmax 3200
are not going anywhere.

Draco

Enjoy today.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.

Old October 10th 07, 09:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Polson

"Michael Benveniste" wrote:

"Draco" wrote:

Maybe on life support but it is still alive.

http://tinyurl.com/269lnk

Does this mean that Plus-X and TMax-3200 are discontinued?

Not according to this page on the same web site:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...16/f4016.jhtml
or
http://tinyurl.com/ggmkv
Old October 10th 07, 11:10 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Doug Jewell

ups.com...
wrote:
"Draco" wrote:
Maybe on life support but it is still alive.

http://tinyurl.com/269lnk

Does this mean that Plus-X and TMax-3200 are discontinued?

--
Michael Benveniste --
Spam and UCE professionally evaluated for $250. Use this email

Maybe I should have loaded this instead:

http://tinyurl.com/2cb9hu

It is the page for Kodak black and white films. Plus-X and Tmax 3200
are not going anywhere.

whew, my 2 favorite Kodak films. Not generally a fan of Kodak colour films,
but their B&W stuff isn't too bad.
The interesting thing about that page is that they have a new TMAX-400. I
think the "film is dead" club must be a bit disappointed at the moment. The
fact that Kodak and Fuji are both bringing out new emulsions would indicate
that there are still plenty of people who see life in silver based
photography.

In the last few months we have had Kodak releasing new formulations of the
entire Portra range and TMax400, Fuji have brought out new Velvia and Provia
emulsions. I doubt they'd still be improving their formulations if they
didn't believe there is still life in film.

The good thing about film - you don't have to buy a whole new camera to take
advantage of technology improvements. I haven't had a chance to use it yet,
but i've seen multiple reviews in magazines (even mostly digital magazines)
where they say new Provia 400F in 35mm has less grain and better colour
fidelity than any of the current crop of DSLRs at ISO 400. If this is the
case, and we also start to see more improvements in other medium and
high-speed film, we might soon see a resurgence in film.

The bad thing about film though, is that most shops now seem to think "film
is dead", and it is getting harder to buy and harder to get processed.

Draco

Enjoy today.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.

Old October 11th 07, 12:24 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Oct 10, 6:10 pm, "Doug Jewell" wrote:
The interesting thing about that page is that they have a new TMAX-400. I
think the "film is dead" club must be a bit disappointed at the moment. The
fact that Kodak and Fuji are both bringing out new emulsions would indicate
that there are still plenty of people who see life in silver based
photography.

More like a new box.

Old October 11th 07, 02:04 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Summer Wind[_2_]

"Doug Jewell" wrote in message

The good thing about film - you don't have to buy a whole new camera to
take advantage of technology improvements. I haven't had a chance to use
it yet, but i've seen multiple reviews in magazines (even mostly digital
magazines) where they say new Provia 400F in 35mm has less grain and
better colour fidelity than any of the current crop of DSLRs at ISO 400.
If this is the case, and we also start to see more improvements in other
medium and high-speed film, we might soon see a resurgence in film.

Which magazines are you referring to? Popular Photograhy proclaimed film
dead as soon as the first 6MP DSLRs came out way back when and they hardly
mention it at all these days.

The bad thing about film though, is that most shops now seem to think
"film is dead", and it is getting harder to buy and harder to get
processed.

Exactly. It becomes self-fulfilling.

SW

Old October 11th 07, 02:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Summer Wind[_2_]

"Draco" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 10, 4:02 pm, "Michael Benveniste"

Maybe I should have loaded this instead:

http://tinyurl.com/2cb9hu

It is the page for Kodak black and white films. Plus-X and Tmax 3200
are not going anywhere.

Black and white photographers might very well keep film alive for many
years. You just can't get the classic B&W look from digital.

SW

Old October 11th 07, 08:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chon Kei

On Oct 11, 5:26 am, Draco wrote:
Maybe on life support but it is still alive.

http://tinyurl.com/269lnk

Draco

Enjoy today.

For tomorrow is promised to no one.

For just a moment there I though we were going to see some of your
photographs... Oh well. Another attention whore not getting any.

CK

Old October 11th 07, 01:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

On Oct 11, 3:05 am, Chon Kei wrote:
On Oct 11, 5:26 am, Draco wrote:

Maybe on life support but it is still alive.

http://tinyurl.com/269lnk

Draco

Enjoy today.

For tomorrow is promised to no one.

For just a moment there I though we were going to see some of your
photographs... Oh well. Another attention whore not getting any.

CK

Well one day you just might. As for being an "attention whore", well
who isn't? We all crave some attention. I guess you need it more than
others. Is that why you post such nasty attacks and lack of
vocabulary?

Such a sad case.

Draco

Enjoy today.