Rockwell on DSLR vs. P&S

Old October 4th 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Default Rockwell on DSLR vs. P&S

My buddy, Ken Rockwell, did a recent comparison of high-ISO
performance between DSLRs that can be found he
http://kenrockwell.com/tech/iso-comp...7-10/index.htm

Note what he says about the Point & Shoots near the end of the
article:

"I was too lazy to include a compact camera, which as I showed last
year, is abysmal compared to any DSLR. A typical compact camera, like
the Canon SD700 I use all the time, is ten times worse than any DSLR.
My SD700 at its lowest ISO 80 looks about the same as any of these
DSLRs at ISO 800! "

LOL! Even Ken Rockwell says, "Sucks to be you, Point and ****ters !!!"

Old October 4th 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
frederick

Annika1980 wrote:
My buddy, Ken Rockwell, did a recent comparison of high-ISO
performance between DSLRs that can be found he
http://kenrockwell.com/tech/iso-comp...7-10/index.htm

Note what he says about the Point & Shoots near the end of the
article:

"I was too lazy to include a compact camera, which as I showed last
year, is abysmal compared to any DSLR. A typical compact camera, like
the Canon SD700 I use all the time, is ten times worse than any DSLR.
My SD700 at its lowest ISO 80 looks about the same as any of these
DSLRs at ISO 800! "

LOL! Even Ken Rockwell says, "Sucks to be you, Point and ****ters !!!"

No he doesn't!
http://kenrockwell.com/tech/150-vs-5...lar-camera.htm

You've got to hand it to Ken for being consistent.

For the best advice from a true professional see:
http://www.proshooter.homestead.com/
I think he's the guy with numerous nicks arguing for the P&S
lobby.
Old October 4th 07, 05:56 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
D-MAC

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
My buddy, Ken Rockwell, did a recent comparison of high-ISO
performance between DSLRs that can be found he
http://kenrockwell.com/tech/iso-comp...7-10/index.htm

Note what he says about the Point & Shoots near the end of the
article:

"I was too lazy to include a compact camera, which as I showed last
year, is abysmal compared to any DSLR. A typical compact camera, like
the Canon SD700 I use all the time, is ten times worse than any DSLR.
My SD700 at its lowest ISO 80 looks about the same as any of these
DSLRs at ISO 800! "

LOL! Even Ken Rockwell says, "Sucks to be you, Point and ****ters !!!"

And this from the greatest fan he has??? LOL with that lot.

Old October 4th 07, 08:42 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Mr.T

"frederick" wrote in message
My buddy, Ken Rockwell, did a recent comparison of high-ISO
performance between DSLRs that can be found he
http://kenrockwell.com/tech/iso-comp...7-10/index.htm

http://kenrockwell.com/tech/150-vs-5...lar-camera.htm

You've got to hand it to Ken for being consistent.

Yes, I guess he assumes no one actually reads his crap.
I would have thought it was a fairly safe assumption, but then you go and
prove him wrong! :-)

MrT.

Old October 4th 07, 09:35 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Bob Williams

Annika1980 wrote:
My buddy, Ken Rockwell, did a recent comparison of high-ISO
performance between DSLRs that can be found he
http://kenrockwell.com/tech/iso-comp...7-10/index.htm

Note what he says about the Point & Shoots near the end of the
article:

"I was too lazy to include a compact camera, which as I showed last
year, is abysmal compared to any DSLR. A typical compact camera, like
the Canon SD700 I use all the time, is ten times worse than any DSLR.
My SD700 at its lowest ISO 80 looks about the same as any of these
DSLRs at ISO 800! "

LOL! Even Ken Rockwell says, "Sucks to be you, Point and ****ters !!!"

Unfortunately, in this post, Rockwell does not SHOW any comparisons
between P/S and DSLRs. "I was too lazy....." is a pitiful cop out.
He sounds like G.W. Bush...."Trust me folks"...if I had included a P/S
picture it would have been crappier than the DSLR pix.
Actually, a P/S image taken at ISO 400+ WOULD look crappier than a
similar pic taken at 400+ with a DSLR, but I suspect the difference in
image quality between a P/S and a DSLR at ISO 80 would be minuscule.
Old October 4th 07, 10:21 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
frederick

Annika1980 wrote:

LOL! Even Ken Rockwell says, "Sucks to be you, Point and ****ters !!!"

No he doesn't!
http://kenrockwell.com/tech/150-vs-5...lar-camera.htm

You've got to hand it to Ken for being consistent.

For the best advice from a true professional see:
http://www.proshooter.homestead.com/
I'm sure that's from the guy with numerous nicks and
numerous posts in here - fighting the good fight for the P&S
lobby.
Old October 4th 07, 12:31 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Deep Reset

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
My buddy, Ken Rockwell, did a recent comparison of high-ISO
performance between DSLRs that can be found he
http://kenrockwell.com/tech/iso-comp...7-10/index.htm

Note what he says about the Point & Shoots near the end of the
article:

"I was too lazy to include a compact camera, which as I showed last
year, is abysmal compared to any DSLR. A typical compact camera, like
the Canon SD700 I use all the time, is ten times worse than any DSLR.
My SD700 at its lowest ISO 80 looks about the same as any of these
DSLRs at ISO 800! "

LOL! Even Ken Rockwell says, "Sucks to be you, Point and ****ters !!!"

Is that the same Ken Rockwell who slated a Pentax DSLR without even touching
one?

Don't see how that helps your cause.

Deep.

Old October 4th 07, 01:03 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Kinon O'Cann

You actually read that crap? Has anyone with a functioning brain ever
suggested that a P&S is a replacement for an SLR? Or vice versa?

Remember the key phrase he "functioning brain."

Do yourself a favor and stop reading ****, and keep shooting tits, bugs, and
mutts.

Old October 4th 07, 01:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

On Oct 4, 4:35 am, Bob Williams wrote:

Unfortunately, in this post, Rockwell does not SHOW any comparisons
between P/S and DSLRs.
I suspect the difference in
image quality between a P/S and a DSLR at ISO 80 would be minuscule.

Roger Clark has posted a good comparison pic on his site.

http://www.clarkvision.com/imagedeta...l.size.matter/

Old October 4th 07, 01:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

On Oct 4, 8:03 am, "Kinon O'Cann" wrote:
You actually read that crap? Has anyone with a functioning brain ever
suggested that a P&S is a replacement for an SLR?

Lay off my boy, Rockwell.
Ever since I posted my tribute pic to him and he linked to it from his
site I get a steady stream of hits on it (30-40 per day).

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/71055999