[SI] - Man Made is created

Old October 2nd 07, 12:14 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

Default [SI] - Man Made is created

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/manmade

Still time for submissions

http://si.jlkramer.net/rulz/rulz.htm

Old October 2nd 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Kinon O'Cann

OK, before any of you "reviewers" dump all over my (Bowser) snapshot of my
lunch, please understand that I actually ate that garbage. I suffer for my
art. The shot looks like my stomach felt.

oups.com...

Old October 3rd 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Very good batch overall ... Wilba's is quite interesting. Walter's
is unexpected... maybe I'll slip something in...

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old October 3rd 07, 02:06 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Walter Banks

Alan Browne wrote:

Very good batch overall ... Wilba's is quite interesting. Walter's
is unexpected... maybe I'll slip something in...

Wilba's entry is interesting. What color was the door and who
spent the time to get the wax polished? Well done.

Walter's is unexpected...

I have no idea how to take the comment. It has been a while
since I have submitted to SI or maybe it is the man made man.
The forest gnome was a good model and stood perfectly
still while waiting for the shadows to move. I did neglect to
get a model release, he can sue but will have to explain
himself to the court.

I like Jim Kramer's entry. This is one of several he has done
where a simple ordinary object suddenly captures your attention.
The ball point pen tip a few weeks ago is another..

Walter..

Old October 3rd 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

Default - Man Made is created

On Oct 3, 9:06 am, Walter Banks wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
Very good batch overall ... Wilba's is quite interesting. Walter's
is unexpected... maybe I'll slip something in...

Wilba's entry is interesting. What color was the door and who
spent the time to get the wax polished? Well done.

Walter's is unexpected...

I have no idea how to take the comment. It has been a while
since I have submitted to SI or maybe it is the man made man.
The forest gnome was a good model and stood perfectly
still while waiting for the shadows to move. I did neglect to
get a model release, he can sue but will have to explain
himself to the court.

I like Jim Kramer's entry. This is one of several he has done
where a simple ordinary object suddenly captures your attention.
The ball point pen tip a few weeks ago is another..

Walter..

Looking at the statistics, your's is one of the most popular. :-)

Thanks. At the risk of coloring other people's comments; this was
part of some ultra-simplistic photo projects, one object, one light,
and wide open. The deeper message is that while man is very capable
of making an empty cup; it is still empty... :-)

Jim

Old October 3rd 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Mark Thomas - Railroad Tracks
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/86568468
The composition is just interesting enough, the angle forces me to take
some time to figure out just what I'm looking at. I think the foreground
OOF is about right, that's extreme depth in the frame and more DOF would
look unnatural.

Wilba - Meadow Reflection in Car Door
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/86568469
Excellent!

Walter Banks - Man Made Man: Stone Cairn
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/86568470
Neat find and well captured. I appreciate that you waited for the light
to get just right and it shows.

Bowser - Fast Food
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/86568471
Urgh

Jim Kramer - Coffee Mug
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/86568472
Maybe with some coffee in it would be more interesting... or after you
got some coffee in you! :-) I suppose it would make a good background
for something.

Bob Flint - Mixing Board
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/86568473
I get a neat sense of movement from this. The upper left corner angle is
a bit disturbing and the background a bit distracting but overall it
works well.

Paul Campbell - Overgrown Car
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/86568474
Well done!

Michelo - Eiffel Tower
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/86572696
Nice composition & exposure. I like the juxtaposition of tree & tower.
The flare of the sun below is bothersome though the idea of the sun at
the bottom mid-day is interesting. I'm not sure about the twisted view,
wouldn't this be level with the horizontal lines horizontal?

Paul Furman - Corral
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/86575584
(me) Alright, it's kind of kitschy but a decent take. The crookedness of
the structure is close to being upsetting, it probably is still off level.

--
Paul Furman Photography
http://edgehill.net
Old October 3rd 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Walter Banks

Paul Furman wrote:

Walter Banks - Man Made Man: Stone Cairn
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/86568470
Neat find and well captured. I appreciate that you waited for the light
to get just right and it shows.

Thanks for the comments. A glorious fall day

w..

Old October 3rd 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

On Oct 3, 11:55 am, Paul Furman wrote:

Jim Kramer - Coffee Mughttp://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/86568472
Maybe with some coffee in it would be more interesting... or after you
got some coffee in you! :-) I suppose it would make a good background
for something.

Thanks for commenting.

I tried it with some milk in the cup, but that didn't do it for me.

Paul Furman - Corral
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/86575584
(me) Alright, it's kind of kitschy but a decent take. The crookedness of
the structure is close to being upsetting, it probably is still off level.

I think the biggest problem I have with your shot is the base of the
chute is missing. I see the barbed wire and fence stake so I think I
understand why, but I'm left with the feeling of just hanging...

Old October 3rd 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

JimKramer wrote:

On Oct 3, 11:55 am, Paul Furman wrote:

Jim Kramer - Coffee Mughttp://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/86568472
Maybe with some coffee in it would be more interesting... or after you
got some coffee in you! :-) I suppose it would make a good background
for something.

Thanks for commenting.

I tried it with some milk in the cup, but that didn't do it for me.

Black coffee!

:-)

Paul Furman - Corral
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/86575584
(me) Alright, it's kind of kitschy but a decent take. The crookedness of
the structure is close to being upsetting, it probably is still off level.

I think the biggest problem I have with your shot is the base of the
chute is missing. I see the barbed wire and fence stake so I think I
understand why, but I'm left with the feeling of just hanging...

Yep, you're right, I have another version with more base & it looks
better but I culled it out for other reasons. The one posted is indeed
quite crooked too, if I zoom in on the radio tower in the original.

--
Paul Furman Photography
http://edgehill.net
Old October 4th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 15:55:15 GMT, Paul Furman wrote:

Bob Flint - Mixing Board
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/86568473
I get a neat sense of movement from this. The upper left corner angle is
a bit disturbing and the background a bit distracting but overall it
works well.

Thanks for the comment.

I had a hard time framing this shot, I couldn't crop it, but I should have
covered the background crap with a black cloth or something...

I think I ended up messing up the camera settings as well!