20D: DESTINED TO BE A CLASSIC!

Old June 27th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default 20D: DESTINED TO BE A CLASSIC!

Just got back from Destin in the FLA.
Took three cameras and about 4 pictures.
It was hotter than dammit. This guy didn't seem to mind:

Going through Montgomery, Alabama, I saw a sign that said "BRIDGE MAY
ICE DURING WINTER." So just to be safe I checked the outside
temperature reading on the car's instrument panel. It read "103° F."

Five days without internet access. No D-Mac. Life was sweet!

Old June 27th 07, 04:01 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Annika1980 wrote:

It was hotter than dammit. This guy didn't seem to mind:

You suck!
:-)

I thought I did well catching a dragonfly on the wing with 135mm manual
focus Sunday... but it ain't that pretty:
http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=California/Bay-Area/Oakland/2007-06-24-redwood-park&PG=3

--
Paul Furman Photography
http://www.edgehill.net/1
Old June 27th 07, 12:17 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

It was hotter than dammit. This guy didn't seem to mind:http://www.pbase..com/bret/image/81230098/original

Going through Montgomery, Alabama, I saw a sign that said "BRIDGE MAY
ICE DURING WINTER." So just to be safe I checked the outside
temperature reading on the car's instrument panel. It read "103° F."

Five days without internet access. No D-Mac. Life was sweet!

I was checking out some pics on the National Geographic website.
Everyone will probably agree with me that they have some of the
world's best photographers and some pretty outstanding images. Just
for the hell of it, I decided to check out their dragonfly pics. Some
were spectacular http://www7.nationalgeographic.com/n...ographic. com
Others were average. http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/...ery_1_0509.jpg
I've said it before and I'm saying it again, images such as this one
of Bret's deserves to be in the pages of the prestigious magazine
National Geographic. The eyes are so sharp and the overall color is
absolutely spectacular.
Outstanding work Bret.
Helen

Old June 27th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

On Jun 26, 11:01 pm, Paul Furman wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
It was hotter than dammit. This guy didn't seem to mind:

You suck!
:-)

I thought I did well catching a dragonfly on the wing with 135mm manual
focus Sunday... but it ain't that pretty:
http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=California/Bay-Area/Oakland/...

--
Paul Furman Photographyhttp://www.edgehill.net/1
Bay Natives Nurseryhttp://www.baynatives.com

Aww, You both suck!
;-)

Great shots both of you.

Draco

Old June 28th 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bob

Default DESTINED TO BE A CLASSIC!

really nice work well done

--
All outgoing emails are scanned with Norton Antivirus 2005

ps.com...

Old June 28th 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
uw wayne

On Jun 26, 9:06 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
Just got back from Destin in the FLA.
Took three cameras and about 4 pictures.
It was hotter than dammit. This guy didn't seem to mind:http://www.pbase..com/bret/image/81230098/original

Going through Montgomery, Alabama, I saw a sign that said "BRIDGE MAY
ICE DURING WINTER." So just to be safe I checked the outside
temperature reading on the car's instrument panel. It read "103° F."

Five days without internet access. No D-Mac. Life was sweet!

Terrific image. Do you still subscibe to the fact you did not use a
tripod?

Old June 28th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Jun 27, 10:29 pm, uw wayne wrote:

Terrific image. Do you still subscribe to the fact you did not use a
tripod?

Tripods are for wimps.

For the type of shooting I usually do, where the subject is moving or
about to move, shooting from a tripod is problematic. However, I will
lug it out when I have to use the TCs with the 400 f/5.6L.
Also, my tripod sux so it really doesn't give me much better results
than shooting with a monopod or balanced against something.

Old June 28th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
uw wayne

On Jun 27, 10:03 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
On Jun 27, 10:29 pm, uw wayne wrote:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81230098/original

Terrific image. Do you still subscribe to the fact you did not use a
tripod?

Tripods are for wimps.

For the type of shooting I usually do, where the subject is moving or
about to move, shooting from a tripod is problematic. However, I will
lug it out when I have to use the TCs with the 400 f/5.6L.
Also, my tripod sux so it really doesn't give me much better results
than shooting with a monopod or balanced against something.

Certainly cannot argue with your results, it works!

Old June 28th 07, 05:58 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Max Perl

Nice pic.
The exif tells the lens is a 400/5.6. But how close does this lens focus by
itself (below 2m I guess)?
You did not use a teleconverter or an extender?

Max

ps.com...

Old June 28th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Jun 28, 12:58 pm, "Max Perl" wrote:
Nice pic.
The exif tells the lens is a 400/5.6. But how close does this lens focus by
itself (below 2m I guess)?
You did not use a teleconverter or an extender?

I used a 12mm extension tube to get closer for this shot.