Pregnant? (On topic!)

Old March 27th 07, 04:20 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Adam[_2_]

Default Pregnant? (On topic!)

Hi again, everyone! One of the other students in my Black and White
Photography I class is pregnant. Are there any special precautions she
should take when developing or printing? Thanks in advance!

Adam Rubin

P.S. I hope this isn't a "stupid" or "obvious" question. Please
remember that I'm in B/W Photog I and new to all this darkroom stuff.
--
Email: rubin AT bestweb DOT net
Old March 27th 07, 12:05 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Murray

You might like to search the MSDS on the developers.

I would be surprised if anything adverse comes up. tho.

Ascorbic acid developers and thiosufate would be pretty low
in the lists of the usual suspects.

Toners look pretty 'sus'.

Murray

Old March 27th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Draco

On Mar 26, 11:20 pm, Adam wrote:
Hi again, everyone! One of the other students in my Black and White
Photography I class is pregnant. Are there any special precautions she
should take when developing or printing? Thanks in advance!

Adam Rubin

P.S. I hope this isn't a "stupid" or "obvious" question. Please
remember that I'm in B/W Photog I and new to all this darkroom stuff.
--
Email: rubin AT bestweb DOT net

Adam,
She should have taken the precautions before the class. Just kidding.
Unless she is toning. Toning has stronger chemistries(read more toxic)
than the standard developers and fixs. Being careful with the mixed
chemistries there should be no problems. Reading the MSDA sheet on
each chemical is a wise idea for more information.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Old March 27th 07, 04:53 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Mike M

Disclaimer: I am not a healthcare or safety professional

Precautions: Wear gloves. Use VitaminC/Phenidone developers. Avoid
toners.

Then if the darkroom has decent ventilation, I personally wouldn't
be concerned

Old March 29th 07, 02:42 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Adam[_2_]

Default Pregnant? (On topic!) -- Thanks!

Hi again, everyone! One of the other students in my Black and White
Photography I class is pregnant. Are there any special precautions she
should take when developing or printing? Thanks in advance!

I just wanted to say "Thanks!" to Murray, Draco, and Mike M for their
helpful responses, which I'll pass on to her. I don't think we'll be
using any toners in this class, which makes the situation a bit easier.

I'd also like to thank EVERYONE in this group, for keeping the
signal-to-noise ratio so high! It's one of the best I've seen in over
ten years on Usenet newsgroups. (I just unsubscribed from
rec.photo.equipment.35mm because so little of it seemed to deal with
35mm photography.) I'll probably be posting more questions as the
semester goes on!

Adam Rubin
--
Email: rubin AT bestweb DOT net
Old March 29th 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Mike M

I'd also like to thank EVERYONE in this group, for keeping the
signal-to-noise ratio so high! It's one of the best I've seen in over
ten years on Usenet newsgroups. (I just unsubscribed from
rec.photo.equipment.35mm because so little of it seemed to deal with
35mm photography.) I'll probably be posting more questions as the
semester goes on!

Hi Adam,

Check out www.apug.org where there is no noise, no talk of digital, and
the community is at least 10x the size.

--Mike

Old March 29th 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 23:20:37 -0400, Adam
wrote:

Hi again, everyone! One of the other students in my Black and White
Photography I class is pregnant. Are there any special precautions she
should take when developing or printing?

Don't smoke or drink.

==
John S. Douglas
Photographer & Webmaster
Legacy-photo.com - Xs750.net
Old March 29th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 02:17:10 GMT, Mike M wrote:

Check out www.apug.org where there is no noise, no talk of digital, and
the community is at least 10x the size.

Better yet, tell them all to come out from their cozy little forums
and play on the USENET.

==
John S. Douglas
Photographer & Webmaster
Legacy-photo.com - Xs750.net
Old March 30th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Adam[_2_]

Mike M wrote:
Check out www.apug.org where there is no noise, no talk of digital, and
the community is at least 10x the size.

Thanks! I've seen several people recommend it, so I went and signed up
(as AdamR), and I'll check it out!

Adam