Canon 350d Pixs of Prague

Old January 21st 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
DAVE PRICE

Default Canon 350d Pixs of Prague

Hi again all
took over 300 pixs of Prague last weekend. Uploaded 4 that I think sums up
the city. Please see http://djmp.co.uk/slr%201/prague.htm

Kind Regards
DAVE
Bristol Uk

Old January 21st 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon

In article , DAVE PRICE
says...
Hi again all
took over 300 pixs of Prague last weekend. Uploaded 4 that I think sums up
the city. Please see http://djmp.co.uk/slr%201/prague.htm

Why did you shoot this one at F10?
http://djmp.co.uk/slr%201/pix5/IMG_1928wl.jpg

A smaller aperture would have blurred nicely the background and you
could have shot at an ISO lower than 800.
--

Alfred Molon
Old January 21st 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
MarkČ

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , DAVE PRICE
says...
Hi again all
took over 300 pixs of Prague last weekend. Uploaded 4 that I think
sums up the city. Please see http://djmp.co.uk/slr%201/prague.htm

Why did you shoot this one at F10?
http://djmp.co.uk/slr%201/pix5/IMG_1928wl.jpg

A smaller aperture would have blurred nicely the background and you
could have shot at an ISO lower than 800.

Perhaps he *wanted us to clearly see the background. We've all seen
sidewalk performers, but the context of the city isn't completely
worthless... I'd have probably shot it both ways, and see which I preferred
later... and would have tried to shoot a bit more level...

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old January 21st 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
MarkČ

DAVE PRICE wrote:
Hi again all
took over 300 pixs of Prague last weekend. Uploaded 4 that I think
sums up the city. Please see http://djmp.co.uk/slr%201/prague.htm

Kind Regards
DAVE
Bristol Uk

The first two image are fantastic. Nice work.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old January 22nd 07, 07:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike Jacoubowsky

Perhaps he *wanted us to clearly see the background. We've all seen
sidewalk performers, but the context of the city isn't completely
worthless... I'd have probably shot it both ways, and see which I
preferred
later... and would have tried to shoot a bit more level...

And why don't manufacturers put an electronic level indicator into the
viewfinder? I'm sure most people don't need it, but experience shows *I*
could certainly use one!

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old January 22nd 07, 07:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
MarkČ

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
Perhaps he *wanted us to clearly see the background. We've all seen
sidewalk performers, but the context of the city isn't completely
worthless... I'd have probably shot it both ways, and see which I
preferred
later... and would have tried to shoot a bit more level...

And why don't manufacturers put an electronic level indicator into the
viewfinder? I'm sure most people don't need it, but experience shows
*I* could certainly use one!

Ya, that's been discussed here many times. Perhaps it's more tricky that we
think...
In my 5D, I've installed a special focus screen (Focus Screen Ee-D), which
has horizontal and vertical lines throughout. Here's a link to it which
shows the look:
(Click the "enlarge image" link below the picture to see the lines--at B&H's
site)
http://tinyurl.com/ygdbkb
It can help...but it still can be tricky. It's amazing how "off" our
perception can be from time to time.
Here's an example of a shot I took of a bird...in a scene with no other
visual cues:
-I rotated the image in photoshop simply to show how FAR off I was from
level for the bird...
An in-viewfinder level would be nice. -Maybe someone will figure this
out...but I suspect it couldn't be an actual bubble, simply because it would
be too small to work well. I would likely have to be electronic--which I
think tend to be difficult to manufacture to such perfect specs...

www.pbase.com/markuson

What should I buy D50 or Canon 350D abbasam Digital SLR Cameras 31 July 28th 06 03:09 PM
Canon EOS 350D and Canon EF 1.4xII extender [email protected] Digital Photography 5 June 28th 06 12:23 PM
mysterious photos from Prague. [email protected] Digital Photo Equipment For Sale 0 December 28th 05 08:34 PM
Canon 350D scubatv Digital Photography 1 May 5th 05 07:48 PM
Canon 350D Mike Engles Digital Photography 9 February 23rd 05 06:51 PM