Portrait of the average American voter...

Old November 9th 06, 06:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

Default [OT] Portrait of the average American voter...

"Richard Polhill" wrote in message
.. .
Raphael Bustin wrote:

It's Dubya's own nickname for Karl Rove.

You haven't been paying attention, have you?

To what? I haven't read all of this thread, no.

I don't pay a lot of attention to US news either.

But I do know that the Conservative party are drafting their immigration
policy that outlines how they will control the number of economic
immigrants from outside the EU. And I do wonder how we can stem the flow
of economic immigrants INSIDE the EU when we have no common monetary
policy.

But I suspect you haven't been paying attention to this.

Yeah.....I guess we'll just have to suffer along with our 4.5% unemployment
rate and 12 thousand plus Dow for another two years.......

Old November 9th 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Richard Polhill

William Graham wrote:

Yeah.....I guess we'll just have to suffer along with our 4.5% unemployment
rate and 12 thousand plus Dow for another two years.......

Thanks William, whatever. My point was I was being chastised for not
knowing something that may well be all over the news in the US but, the
Internet being international some of us may not know. How much knowledge
of UK politics does rafe have?

TBH I wasn't saying I really cared that much about the story I
mentioned, it was just used to highlight that US != the World and that
you can't expect a correspondant to be fully aware of your local news,
no matter how well it is known locally.
--
Replace .invalid with .com to email.
Old November 9th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Kinon O'Cann

Raphael Bustin wrote:

It's Dubya's own nickname for Karl Rove.

You haven't been paying attention, have you?

To what? I haven't read all of this thread, no.

I don't pay a lot of attention to US news either.

But I do know that the Conservative party are drafting their immigration
policy that outlines how they will control the number of economic
immigrants from outside the EU. And I do wonder how we can stem the flow
of economic immigrants INSIDE the EU when we have no common monetary
policy.

But I suspect you haven't been paying attention to this.

Yeah.....I guess we'll just have to suffer along with our 4.5%
unemployment rate and 12 thousand plus Dow for another two years.......

William, don't forget that this guy has NEVER vetoed a spending bill,
increase the size of government by magnificent proportions, and has
increased the national debt to nearly $9 Trillion! He's a classic
big-government big spending liberal president.

And the Dow has nothing to do with him, it's IN SPITE of him.

Old November 9th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Kinon O'Cann

Default Portrait of the average American voter...

"William Graham" wrote in message

"Kinon O'Cann" wrote in message
Give us credit; we essentially "fired" our president on Tuesday. I only
wonder what took the country so damned long to catch on to this lunatic
and his band of thugs.

There are two million dead Iraqis who, if they could speak, might disagree
with you........Where is the famous liberal compassion for the poor and
the downtrodden that I learned to live with during the 60's? - You guys
have become hard as ice. That compassion justified your stupidity during
those turbulent times.....I can remember my brother-in-law saying, "Well,
it's hard to argue with people who love their fellow man so much." - I
wonder what he would say if he were alive today?

2 million Iraqis? Please prove this. Since the invasion, we've caused the
death of over 600K Iraqis.

Bottom line, Hussein wasn't our problem, but we say fit to destabilize an
entire region over the moron. Sorry, Bush is the worst president in our
history. He has completely failed to learn from history and has led this
country into another Viet Nam type quagmire. Back then, as you remember, the
government told us we were there because of "stepping stone theory." Let one
country fall, and more will follow. Guess what? Thirty years later,
Westmorland, McNamara and all say "oops, sorry." How many more of our
servicemen will die and how long will it take for the apology this time?

Old November 9th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

Raphael Bustin wrote:

[...]

I agree with all that.....But what makes you think that a Democrat would do
anything different? All presidents, (and politicians in general) are very
good at spending other people's money.....Yours and mine......

Old November 9th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
rafe b

"William Graham" wrote in message

"Kinon O'Cann" wrote in message
Give us credit; we essentially "fired" our president on Tuesday. I only
wonder what took the country so damned long to catch on to this lunatic
and his band of thugs.

There are two million dead Iraqis who, if they could speak, might disagree
with you........Where is the famous liberal compassion for the poor and
the downtrodden that I learned to live with during the 60's?

What's your point about the two million dead Iraqis?

Even granting that number (which I'm surprised you
bring up in the first place.)

You think they owe something to Dubya? You think
they died (and are dying) for a worthy cause?

My compassion hasn't gone anywhere. War is stupid,
plain and simple. You'd think mankind would have
figured that out by now. But then, war still means
big $$$$ if you're in the right business. And that's
why we still have 'em.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com

Old November 9th 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"rafe b" wrote in message
t...

"William Graham" wrote in message

"Kinon O'Cann" wrote in message
Give us credit; we essentially "fired" our president on Tuesday. I only
wonder what took the country so damned long to catch on to this lunatic
and his band of thugs.

There are two million dead Iraqis who, if they could speak, might
disagree with you........Where is the famous liberal compassion for the
poor and the downtrodden that I learned to live with during the 60's?

What's your point about the two million dead Iraqis?

My point is that Saddam Hussein managed to do in that many people over the
last 30 years. This puts him in the Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin category.
Getting rid of him was a very good thing, and Bush did that.

Even granting that number (which I'm surprised you
bring up in the first place.)

Why are you surprised that I figured out that Saddam killed that many
people? I used simple math and a National Geographic, "Atlas of the Middle
East" to get my statistics.....It was a very simple calculation.

You think they owe something to Dubya? You think
they died (and are dying) for a worthy cause?

Apparently, we ae talking about two different groups of people. I am talking
about the Iraqi's that Saddam Hussein managed to kill over the thirty year
period in which he was in charge of the Iraqi government.

My compassion hasn't gone anywhere. War is stupid,
plain and simple. You'd think mankind would have
figured that out by now.

Did you think that the war against Adolf Hitler in Europe was "stupid"? Did
you think the Pacific war with Japan was "stupid?" Just what "war" are you
talking about, anyway? If you think all wars are stupid, then there is no
sense for us to continue this discussion.....We are on different
planets......

Old November 9th 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
rafe b

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

Did you think that the war against Adolf Hitler in Europe was "stupid"?
Did you think the Pacific war with Japan was "stupid?" Just what "war" are
you talking about, anyway? If you think all wars are stupid, then there is
no sense for us to continue this discussion.....We are on different
planets......

I see... you have to go back to World War II to find a
"good" war. Of the wars I've seen in my lifetime, there
have been no "good" ones.

Are you comparing the fiasco in Iraq to WW II?

And yes, when I read your initial post I was wondering
why you were so concerned about Iraqi lives.

I should have guessed that your concern (for Iraqi mortality)
ended in March 2003.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com

Old November 9th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"rafe b" wrote in message
t...

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

Did you think that the war against Adolf Hitler in Europe was "stupid"?
Did you think the Pacific war with Japan was "stupid?" Just what "war"
are you talking about, anyway? If you think all wars are stupid, then
there is no sense for us to continue this discussion.....We are on
different planets......

I see... you have to go back to World War II to find a
"good" war. Of the wars I've seen in my lifetime, there
have been no "good" ones.

Are you comparing the fiasco in Iraq to WW II?

And yes, when I read your initial post I was wondering
why you were so concerned about Iraqi lives.

I should have guessed that your concern (for Iraqi mortality)
ended in March 2003.

So you think that the entire history of mankind on earth.....Over a million
years, has changed in the last 50 years? We, "Ain't gonna fight no war no
more" because of some 1960's hippie poet?

And I don't understand what you mean by my concern for Iraqi mortality
ending in March, 2003. There was no way to get rid of Saddam Hussein but to
go in there and do it. Of course he was going to waste Iraqi lives trying to
defend himself....That's what war is all about. We waste police lives trying
to catch people like Jeffrey Dahmer, too. Do you suggest that we shouldn't
even try, and just disband our police forces, because fighting crime is too
expensive? - It wouldn't surprise me....This is another symptom of the way
liberals think......
But you should tell me what we should do about people like Saddam
Hussein. How would you handle despots like that? Do you think we should just
bury our heads in the sand and hope they go away? - Or wait until they land
their longboats on our shores, and then mobilize against them? - This didn't
even work in the 8th century, much less the 20th. Can't you understand that
we are living in a world where any two-bit dictator can build an atom bomb,
load it on an intercontinental missile, and drop it on New York City on
Christmas eve and kill over 2 million people with it? People like Saddam
Hussein wouldn't be any more dangerous if they lived in the house next door
to you.......

Old November 9th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
rafe b

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

But you should tell me what we should do about people like Saddam
Hussein. How would you handle despots like that?

Who sez it's the job of the USA to rid the world of despots?

Who gives us the right (or wisdom) to judge who's a despot and
who's not? We have zero credibility in that department.

The USA has a sad history of *supporting* some of the most
ruthless despots on the planet. Study your history, William.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com