20D NAILS IT !

Old August 30th 06, 05:45 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default 20D NAILS IT !

You can always count on the 20D to nail the shot!

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953942
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953988

Old August 30th 06, 06:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Scott W

Annika1980 wrote:
You can always count on the 20D to nail the shot!

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953942
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953988

Nice shot for that long of a lens and 1/30 sec, did you use a tripod,
monopod?

Glad to see that Jesus is still with us.

Scott

Old August 30th 06, 06:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
ShibbyShane

Annika1980 wrote:
You can always count on the 20D to nail the shot!

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953942
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953988

These are the same shot, just cropped differently, yes?

Old August 30th 06, 09:12 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Scott W wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
You can always count on the 20D to nail the shot!

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953942
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953988

Nice shot for that long of a lens and 1/30 sec, did you use a tripod,
monopod?

Glad to see that Jesus is still with us.

Scott

That is a great shot for a long lens at1/30 sec at f:8. Using your
monopod, Spike must have helped a tiny bit by staying still for just a
moment. Good ole Spike-----so nice to see him! He deserves some kind of
reward for having to live with that damn nail.
Excellent Bret.
Helen

Old August 30th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

ShibbyShane wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953942
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953988

These are the same shot, just cropped differently, yes?

Correct.

BTW, I was forced to use a tripod for that shot. And since the 20D
doesn't focus at f/8, I used the Fabulous EOS-1V to attain the correct
focus and then just switched bodies.

Old August 30th 06, 02:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Annika1980 wrote:

ShibbyShane wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953942
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953988

These are the same shot, just cropped differently, yes?

Correct.

BTW, I was forced to use a tripod for that shot. And since the 20D
doesn't focus at f/8, I used the Fabulous EOS-1V to attain the correct
focus and then just switched bodies.

What a pain! And why do you think the 20D doesn't focus at f/8? Are you sure
that it is not just your particular unit ... or the lens?

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Old August 30th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:

ShibbyShane wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953942
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953988

These are the same shot, just cropped differently, yes?

Correct.

BTW, I was forced to use a tripod for that shot. And since the 20D
doesn't focus at f/8, I used the Fabulous EOS-1V to attain the correct
focus and then just switched bodies.

What a pain! And why do you think the 20D doesn't focus at f/8? Are you sure
that it is not just your particular unit ... or the lens?

Or ... it is just early and I am tired and I should have let your remark go.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Old August 30th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

BTW, I was forced to use a tripod for that shot. And since the 20D
doesn't focus at f/8, I used the Fabulous EOS-1V to attain the correct
focus and then just switched bodies.

What a pain! And why do you think the 20D doesn't focus at f/8? Are you sure
that it is not just your particular unit ... or the lens?

Or ... it is just early and I am tired and I should have let your remark go.

As you no doubt realized after the sleep wore off, the 20D will only
autofocus if the lens is capable of f/5.6 or less. Using the 400
f/5.6L with the 1.4x gives a maximum aperture of f/8, good enough for
the Fabulous EOS-1V's focusing system, but not quite good enough for
the 20D. I guess that's one reason the EOS-1V is so Fabulous!

Old August 31st 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default Spike / Jesus Update

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953942
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953988

As a followup, a TWRA (Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency) truck pulled

up in front of our offices about an hour ago. After the guys went
across the street for barbeque, I asked them into my office and showed
them some pics of Spike. They agreed that trying to capture the bird
would only traumatize it and they agreed with just leaving it alone and
letting nature take it's course.

Old August 31st 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Annika1980 wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953942
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953988

As a followup, a TWRA (Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency) truck pulled

up in front of our offices about an hour ago. After the guys went
across the street for barbeque, I asked them into my office and showed
them some pics of Spike. They agreed that trying to capture the bird
would only traumatize it and they agreed with just leaving it alone and
letting nature take it's course.

I know it pains us to see Spike with that nail in him, but I have to
agree with the TWRA
people. It would only traumatize him and create further problems.
But thanks so much Bret for keeping us up to date on Spike. He's a real
survivor.
Helen