Ping Tony Cooper

Old October 4th 16, 03:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN

Default Ping Tony Cooper

On 10/4/2016 10:36 AM, PeterN wrote:

I was testing an old lens with my D500, for street. And yes, I added
grain. The conversion was done with Topaz BW effects.

Oops: Left off the link

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC1920.jpg

--
PeterN
Old October 4th 16, 11:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Ken Hart[_4_]

On 10/04/2016 11:25 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Tue, 4 Oct 2016 10:50:28 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 10/4/2016 10:36 AM, PeterN wrote:

I was testing an old lens with my D500, for street. And yes, I added
grain. The conversion was done with Topaz BW effects.

Oops: Left off the link

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC1920.jpg

I like the subject matter and the composition. However, the added
grain obscures the people. There's no definition in that area, and
that makes the building structure the subject of your photo.

This could be a very good shot if you'd just treat it as a black and
white photo.

I agree with Mr Cooper that the "...grain obscures the people.", and
"makes the building structure the subject".

But I don't see that as a problem. The building has a bit of Art Deco
look to it. The photo has a 1970's overall look- I'm looking for a Ford
Pinto on the street and someone wearing bell-bottom pants!

I would also like to see it without the grain effect, but I think I
might like the grainy one better.

--
Ken Hart

Old October 5th 16, 11:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_6_]

wrote:

On 10/4/2016 10:36 AM, PeterN wrote:

I was testing an old lens with my D500, for street. And yes, I added
grain. The conversion was done with Topaz BW effects.

Oops: Left off the link

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC1920.jpg

I like the subject matter and the composition. However, the added
grain obscures the people. There's no definition in that area, and
that makes the building structure the subject of your photo.

This could be a very good shot if you'd just treat it as a black and
white photo.

Actually I thought the people just complimented the building. As you
noticed from the original the building is the subject. I was not very
close to the people with the effective 16.

--
PeterN
Old October 7th 16, 02:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Robert Coe

On Wed, 5 Oct 2016 18:24:18 -0400, PeterN wrote:
:
: Actually I thought the people just complimented the building. As you
: noticed from the original the building is the subject. I was not very
: close to the people with the effective 16.

The most interesting part of the picture is the reflections in the glass panes
of the overhang. And they're not helped by the gratuitous graniness.

Bob
Old October 8th 16, 05:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 10/4/2016 8:26 PM, RichA wrote:
On Tuesday, 4 October 2016 10:50:56 UTC-4, PeterN wrote:
On 10/4/2016 10:36 AM, PeterN wrote:

I was testing an old lens with my D500, for street. And yes, I added
grain. The conversion was done with Topaz BW effects.

Oops: Left off the link

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC1920.jpg

--
PeterN