20D NAILS IT !

Old September 1st 06, 12:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
ColinD

Default Spike / Jesus Update

Annika1980 wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953942
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953988

As a followup, a TWRA (Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency) truck pulled

up in front of our offices about an hour ago. After the guys went
across the street for barbeque, I asked them into my office and showed
them some pics of Spike. They agreed that trying to capture the bird
would only traumatize it and they agreed with just leaving it alone and
letting nature take it's course.

Thanks for that, Bret. I admire your attitude, all too rare these days.

Colin D.

Old September 1st 06, 06:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"ColinD" wrote in message
Annika1980 wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953942
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953988

As a followup, a TWRA (Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency) truck pulled

up in front of our offices about an hour ago. After the guys went
across the street for barbeque, I asked them into my office and showed
them some pics of Spike. They agreed that trying to capture the bird
would only traumatize it and they agreed with just leaving it alone and
letting nature take it's course.

Thanks for that, Bret. I admire your attitude, all too rare these days.

Colin D.

Actually, among cranes, it's probably a badge of honor....I bet the other
cranes wish they had one.....

Old September 1st 06, 06:58 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

William Graham wrote:
"ColinD" wrote in message
Annika1980 wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953942
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/65953988

As a followup, a TWRA (Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency) truck
pulled up in front of our offices about an hour ago. After the guys
went
across the street for barbeque, I asked them into my office and
showed them some pics of Spike. They agreed that trying to capture
the bird would only traumatize it and they agreed with just leaving
it alone and letting nature take it's course.

Thanks for that, Bret. I admire your attitude, all too rare these
days. Colin D.

Actually, among cranes, it's probably a badge of honor....I bet the
other cranes wish they had one.....

I don't know... Maybe having a dramatic arrow through your neck, left
hanging there (like that duck a few years ago)...but I suspect that in the
crane world, trying to swallow a nail, only to poke it out your neck is more
likely akin to Forrest Gump's "Million Dollar Wound" in the "But-tocks..."

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old September 1st 06, 03:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

William Graham wrote:
Actually, among cranes, it's probably a badge of honor....I bet the other

cranes wish they had one.....

FWIW, that's a Great Blue Heron, not a crane.

Hey William, I got a joke just for you, my old friend:
===============

An 80-year-old man went to his doctor for his annual check-up.

The doctor asked him how he was feeling.

The 80-year-old said, "I've never felt better. I now have a
20 year-old bride who is pregnant with my child. What do you
think about that?"

The doctor considered his question for a minute and then began.
"I have an older friend, much like you, who is an avid trophy
hunter and never misses a season. One day, when he was going
out hunting, he was in a bit of a hurry and accidentally picked up
his walking cane instead of his gun. When he got to the creek, he
saw a prime beaver sitting beside the stream of water.
He raised his cane and went 'bang, bang'. Suddenly, two shots
rang out and the beaver fell over dead. What do you think
of that?"

The 80-year-old said, "I'd say somebody else pumped a couple
of rounds into that beaver."

The doctor replied, "My point exactly."

Old September 1st 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Annika1980 wrote:
William Graham wrote:
[...]

LOL-------------Very good one indeed! :^)
Helen

Old September 2nd 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...

William Graham wrote:
[...]

Great story! - My son was angry with me once, and said, "I don't think
you're my real dad"....I said, "Well, perhaps you're right, but you should
take that question up with your mother. - She would be in a better position
to know."

Old September 2nd 06, 10:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

William Graham wrote:
[...]

Now--now... -Lets not get into what "position" he was born as a result
of...

This is a family NG, after all...
www.pbase.com/markuson

Old September 4th 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

William Graham wrote:

Great story! - My son was angry with me once, and said, "I don't think
you're my real dad"....I said, "Well, perhaps you're right, but you should
take that question up with your mother. - She would be in a better position
to know."

I had a similar argument with my father. He was really getting on my
butt about something and he said something like, "I can't believe
you're my kid." So I said, "Well it's all your fault! If you'd have
made that trip to the drugstore first, this all wouldn't have happened."