Something to be said for smartphones

Old March 28th 20, 10:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David[_22_]

Default Something to be said for smartphones

On 27/03/2020 23:58, philo wrote:
On 3/27/20 5:49 PM, David wrote:
On 26/03/2020 18:34, philo wrote:
On
Arre

OK. I added it but am not active much on Usenet anymore...but due to
the shut-in have increased activity

That's good news!Â* :-)

Perhaps you'll help me pull the chain of 'Shadow' - he lies each and
every time he puts pen to paper! You've probably met other folk who
are suffering from dementia and know how best to handle them.

Still have tons of projects that will mostly keep me off Usenet but this
isolation will probably be here for many months.

I've always thought of you as an optimist .... but I suspect you might
be right. :-(

Do you think it might be deliberate? A friend of a friend said this of
the virus:-

"Clearly this was developed some time ago in the Wuhan Chemical Warfare
Labs and this film long pre-dates the December outbreak. Coming so soon
after the US-China trade War it is no coincidence. To the Communist
Party of China to have their own people die is collateral damage if it
delivers their philosophical outcomes. Good thing now is the world is
challenging China product sourcing and Chinese investments in their
country. To China it might be a massive own goal."

There's a clip from the film he-

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...virus-17991225

(Follow-up set to ACW)

Old March 29th 20, 04:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Mar 29, 2020, Whisky-dave wrote
(in ):

NB II photographers remember to set your focus to 2 "METRES" (bloody USA spell checker), even my cat has reminded me of government advice.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvo3wo6opi...eters.jpg?dl=0

Hey!

I can do that now that I am home, but no cat just a Fluke Multimeter.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cgu58osb8omltqs/IMG_3093.jpg

Savageduck

Old March 29th 20, 05:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

On 3/27/20 5:49 PM, David wrote:
[...]

It's a f'ing film and could be a good plot for science fiction!
But in reality it's Total bull**** or ballcrap in American.

Why would they kill their own people, and then go on to infect future customers in world trade.
I heard another rumour from someone that is under medical supervision for overdosing on MDMA he says it's transmitted via the 5G network.

He should sell the idea to James Cameron.

Agreed
Old March 29th 20, 06:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

On 3/29/20 9:18 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 26 March 2020 01:31:20 UTC, philo wrote:
On 3/25/20 8:11 PM, Whisky-dave wrote:

Whenever I pull out a real camera it attracts a lot of attention...even
if I'm just holding it.

I do hope your "real camera" isn't a new word for your one-eyed trouser snake ;-)

Virtually everyone there was carrying a smartphone so never noticed me
other than that there was a gringo in their midst. So much sun there, my
skin turned brown very fast and we dressed to blend it.

We knew we were getting the hang of it when people actually came up to
us and asked directions.

The streets are such a twisted mess and with so few signs, even the
natives get lost.

I loved that because I can get lost in my own home town.

Occasionally I just pretended I was talking.

interesting seeing your home town, mine isn't so varied, thanks.

LOL

I'm 70 years old, I doubt anyone would notice