Panasonic FZ Books or Articles

Old January 31st 05, 06:01 PM
Mark

Default Panasonic FZ Books or Articles

I bought myself a digial camera for Christmas. A Panasonic FZ15. I'm
finding my knowledge lacking and the manual that came with the camera just
isn't very in-depth. Most of the information is of the "how" variety and
I'm looking for more "why" and "when do I need to use this" information.
Are there any good web sites or even books on the Panasonic FZ series of
cameras?

Old February 1st 05, 02:05 AM
Ken

"Mark" wrote in message ...
I bought myself a digial camera for Christmas. A Panasonic FZ15. I'm
finding my knowledge lacking and the manual that came with the camera just
isn't very in-depth. Most of the information is of the "how" variety and
I'm looking for more "why" and "when do I need to use this" information.
Are there any good web sites or even books on the Panasonic FZ series of
cameras?

Besides this news group, where there are several well informed FZ owners, there
are a couple of active Panasonic FZ on-line forums you can visit to get more info -

Low traffic - but very helpful in a wide range of FZ use related topics -
http://www.dcresource.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26

and

High traffic - there are some gems here but you have to put up with a lot
of non-technical FZ enthusiasm -

You won't want to miss this site -
http://www.users.bigpond.com/vkelim/DMCFZ10/

or this one if you ever decide to add extra filters or lenses to you FZ camera -
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam...-10/index.html

I don't know of any books on the subject but you might find these sites
of general interest, especially the first one -

Good stuff here - http://luminous-landscape.com/

More - http://www.bobatkins.com/

Old March 6th 05, 09:44 AM
bob

Steve's Forums (part of Steve's DigiCams site) has a good Panasonic
forum where discussion seems to center around the FZ line. The other
sites (dpreview and dcresourse) recommended earlier are also good but I
still find myself coming back to Steve's more frequently than the
others.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_forum.php?id=23