Be careful about photographing your kids!

Old October 16th 03, 01:19 AM
gr

Default Be careful about photographing your kids!

"Alan Browne" "Alan wrote

I've read claims of the likelyhood that 40% of kiddie-porn users
eventually 'have to have the real thing'.

Wow... I'm surprised that 60% of pedophiles are strong-willed enough to
control themselves. I'm quite certain that more than 40% of adult-porn users
eventually have to "have the real thing".

So, are you claiming that kiddie-porn causes people to rape children? I
suppose you must also claim that adult-porn causes men to rape women, too.
Interesting mind you have.

Old October 16th 03, 01:21 AM
Ron Hunter

William Graham wrote:

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message

Mxsmanic wrote:

Ron Hunter writes:

NONE on those people was executed before they were 18, correct?

Correct, but probably only because of the long legal process. They were
all close to 18.

... I see nothing wrong with punishing those over 14
in the same way as others for the same crime.

Why over 14? Do you really want 12-year-old murderers going free?

No, but we have to determine where it becomes a crime of profit. It is
rather unusual for someone under 14 to kill someone for gain. Note that
it is VERY rare for someone to be sentenced to death unless the crime
is one that promotes some kind of gain for the murderer. Those cases
where multiple murders, or murders with outrageous violence, are usually
committed by people who are insane, but not legally insane. The others
are usually for some kind of gain.

Those younger than 14 would at least be locked up for 7 years, then if
they are deemed still a danger to society, they could be sent to an
adult prison.
In most cases, 12 year old murderers DO go free under out system.

Reminds me of, "The Bad Seed"....A play on Broadway wherin a 10 year old
girl pushes the old lady upstairs down the stairs to her death because she
told the 10 year old that she would give her, "My canary when I die." When
her mother told her that poor Mrs. xxx fell down the stairs and died, the
little girl said, "Can I have the canary now?"

We recently has a case in my area where a 12 year old girl and her 10
year old brother killed their 6 year old brother, and hid his body.
Nothing was done to EITHER of them, and the courts didn't have to
explain why because both of them were juveniles. Worse, the 6 year old
was sexually tortured before being drowned... Sure hope those kids
don't move in next to ME.

Old October 16th 03, 01:28 AM
Ron Hunter

William Graham wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

Gregory W. Blank writes:

Not to mention the murders ...

Murder is covered under doing things against their wills (unless they
consented, but that is difficult to establish after they are dead).

... and of course the little issue of consuming the evidence.

I don't see any problem with eating people once they are dead.

Sure....It was the norm in, "Soylent Green"......The problem was, they were
killing them just for their food value.....

Hey, they were old, and they did it willingly.

Old October 16th 03, 01:29 AM
Ron Hunter

William Graham wrote:

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message

Mxsmanic wrote:

Gregory W. Blank writes:

Not to mention the murders ...

Murder is covered under doing things against their wills (unless they
consented, but that is difficult to establish after they are dead).

... and of course the little issue of consuming the evidence.

I don't see any problem with eating people once they are dead.

Are we sure he always waited..?

If you do a google search on, "Jeffery Dahmer" you will be able to read all
about it.......

I have read more than enough on the subject. There is a quite scholarly
work available to those who search Google about how to prepare a nice
tender 10 year old for the table. I didn't get all the way through that
one.

Old October 16th 03, 01:31 AM
Mxsmanic

Alan Browne writes:

I've read claims of the likelyhood that 40% of kiddie-porn users
eventually 'have to have the real thing'.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/justin/we...oct2003-26.htm

You can read claims of just about anything by looking at the right Web
sites.

The 'virtual reality edition' of such kiddie-porn will not
prevent that.

Nor will it encourage it.

So while allowing it might respect the free speech parts of various
countries constitutions', it would remain morally reprehensible to allow
it, and likely dangerous for children, whether the number is 40% or 4%.

Why?

Tell me that is "irrelevant".

It is irrelevant.

If the constitution of any country places free speech of that nature
above the well being of children, then there lies a constituion worth
spitting on.

If people can't see the censorship disguised behind claims of
"protecting children" (or any other group), they don't deserve to have
freedom of speech in the first place.

A recent case in Canada involved a fellow (John Sharpe) who reduced his
pedophile fanatasies to 'written stories' and while found guilty on
possession of images, he was acquitted on the stories he wrote as the
had 'artistic merit'. This is the kind of horse**** interpretation
courts are forced to make in the defence of free speech.

How did writing stories cause any harm to children?

Other legitimate writers include scenes of child abuse in their stories
as part of the character and plot development. This is valid to protect
legitimate writers...but leaves wiggle room for the perverts.

How do you distinguish between "legitimate writers" and "perverts"?

And why does it matter what people write? That has nothing to do with
harming children, unless you hit them over the head with a hardcover
edition of the writing.

Old October 16th 03, 01:33 AM
Mxsmanic

William Graham writes:

LOL!

I wasn't laughing.

Old October 16th 03, 01:34 AM
Mxsmanic

William Graham writes:

Why 12? Do you really want 10 year old murderers going free? At some point
you are going to have to draw the line, and say that someone is just too
young to really know what he was doing. - Draw it.....And stick to it....

There is strong evidence to indicate that even toddlers know that
killing is wrong. It's something that people learn very early in life.
That's why people don't routinely kill each other, not even in
childhood.

Old October 16th 03, 01:35 AM
Mxsmanic

William Graham writes:

Sure....It was the norm in, "Soylent Green"......The problem was, they were
killing them just for their food value.....

No, they were not. In that movie, people were made into food after they
died, but they were not killed for that purpose.

Old October 16th 03, 01:35 AM
George Kerby

On 10/15/03 7:18 PM, in article , "Ron
Hunter" wrote:

William Graham wrote:

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message

NONE on those people was executed before they were 18, correct? In most
states of the US, 17 is the legal age for criminal responsibility. I
wouldn't object to changing it to 18, but then I see nothing wrong with
punishing those over 14 in the same way as others for the same crime.
If you are old enough to plan and execute a capital crime, do the time
(or take the punishment).

Yes, but if you are old enough to REALLY plan and execute a capitol crime,
then you won't get caught, so the point is moot. The ones who are caught
were obviously not old enough, (reguardless of their physical age) so they
shouldn't be executed, because to do so would be punishing them for
stupidity....This is one of the more compelling arguments (to me) against
capitol punishment.

The punishment for stupidity is OFTEN death. Just the other day a guy
(26) was riding in a friend's pickup with his head and shoulders stuck
out the window waving at friends. The truck passed too close to a speed
limit sign, and his head hit the sign. The left a wife and SIX
children.... It seems that God thinks stupidity sometimes deserves a
death penalty.

Darwin's Theory of Evolution.

Too bad he had to leave six more to carry on his gene pool...

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old October 16th 03, 01:35 AM
Mxsmanic

William Graham writes:

...Would you really want to live in a society where the
police could come into your kitchen at any time of the day or night and look
in your refridgerator?

You mean like the United States?