New Nikon camera seen

Old August 7th 18, 11:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

Default New Nikon camera seen

On 07/08/2018 08:07, RichA wrote:
Looks ok, like a DSLR, good grip, which a lot of mirrorless lack.

https://petapixel.com/2018/08/06/nik...leaked-photos/

I find it difficult to raise much enthusiasm, to be honest. I've sold
almost all my Nikon kit, and being full-frame it's going to be almost as
bulky and heavy with its lenses as a mirrored DSLR. For my hands, the
grip on my Panasonic GX7 is good enough.

It will be good for those with a substantial lens investment, although
short-focus and wide-angle lenses may require a new purchase for optimum
use of the mirrorless body - e.g pancake - and silent operation will be
welcome (if it's offered).

--
Cheers,
David
Old August 7th 18, 05:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , David Taylor says...
I find it difficult to raise much enthusiasm, to be honest. I've sold
almost all my Nikon kit, and being full-frame it's going to be almost as
bulky and heavy with its lenses as a mirrored DSLR. For my hands, the
grip on my Panasonic GX7 is good enough.

The Sony A7 bodies have with each new generation become bigger and
heavier, which is not surprising because the lenses are big and heavy
and to properly hold the cameras the bodies need to have a minimum size.
--
Alfred Molon

Old August 8th 18, 02:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 8/7/2018 6:28 AM, David Taylor wrote:
On 07/08/2018 08:07, RichA wrote:
Looks ok, like a DSLR, good grip, which a lot of mirrorless lack.

https://petapixel.com/2018/08/06/nik...leaked-photos/

I find it difficult to raise much enthusiasm, to be honest.Â* I've sold
almost all my Nikon kit, and being full-frame it's going to be almost as
bulky and heavy with its lenses as a mirrored DSLR.Â* For my hands, the
grip on my Panasonic GX7 is good enough.

It will be good for those with a substantial lens investment, although
short-focus and wide-angle lenses may require a new purchase for optimum
use of the mirrorless body - e.g pancake - and silent operation will be
welcome (if it's offered).

Somewhere I read that the mirrorless will not have an F mount. You will
need a converter to use the old lenses. i will wait and see.

--
PeterN
Old August 8th 18, 02:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Aug 7, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 8/7/2018 6:28 AM, David Taylor wrote:
On 07/08/2018 08:07, RichA wrote:
Looks ok, like a DSLR, good grip, which a lot of mirrorless lack.

https://petapixel.com/2018/08/06/nik...camera-spotted
-in-new-leaked-photos/

I find it difficult to raise much enthusiasm, to be honest. I've sold
almost all my Nikon kit, and being full-frame it's going to be almost as
bulky and heavy with its lenses as a mirrored DSLR. For my hands, the
grip on my Panasonic GX7 is good enough.

It will be good for those with a substantial lens investment, although
short-focus and wide-angle lenses may require a new purchase for optimum
use of the mirrorless body - e.g pancake - and silent operation will be
welcome (if it's offered).

Somewhere I read that the mirrorless will not have an F mount. You will
need a converter to use the old lenses. i will wait and see.

Yup! To use your legacy Nikkor glass on the new Nikon mirrorless an adaptor
is the only anwer. The new mount is large enough to accomodate a medium
format sensor. The speculation is, Nikon is dealing with FF, and MF with a
single design, and taking aim at the Fujifilm GFX50S market.

The new lenses are going to be optimized for the larger mount, and the MILC
flange distance, and are not likely to be budget lenses.

Savageduck

Old August 8th 18, 03:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 8/7/2018 9:35 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Aug 7, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

[...]

I hedged my bet. i am up on the waiting list, with the understanding
that if I don't like it, there will not be any issue. I figure that by
then the price of the D850 will drop, so it's win, win.

--
PeterN
Old August 9th 18, 03:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Tue, 07 Aug 2018 18:35:19 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Aug 7, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

[...]

I wonder if Nikon took a page from the m4/3 book and designed a lens
mount that would allow the design of lenses that eliminate the corner
softness issue?
Old August 9th 18, 03:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Tue, 7 Aug 2018 21:51:30 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

On Tuesday, 7 August 2018 22:54:48 UTC-4, PeterN wrote:
[...]

The demand for this will be insane, there will be NO problem filling anyone's position who drops out. In-fact, if camera dealers were car dealerships, they'd be selling the first ones for well-above list.

I've got to believe working pros will want to see how it performs
first. Why take a chance on such a radical change? how will it deal
with their legacy glass? And other items, like flashes?
Old August 13th 18, 09:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 19:52:45 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

On Thursday, 9 August 2018 10:33:57 UTC-4, wrote:
On Tue, 07 Aug 2018 18:35:19 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Aug 7, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

[...]

I haven't looked at enough Sony FF images to tell if they've done it, let alone Nikon. Sony's lenses (performance) have been all over the map.

Sony lenses, well most of them, appear to have corner issues. Nikon's
mount appears to be bigger than necessry, like m4/3. I have no
interest in buying this camera, I'm just curious.