Way to block or filter users?

Old May 12th 15, 03:07 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
gr[_4_]

Default Way to block or filter users?

On 5/8/2015 7:31 PM, Jimmy Lane wrote:
there is a particular poster in this group that I would like to remove from all the post results, as he is discussing everything BUT film and traditional photography.

Can I block or remove "Dale" from the displayed threads? If so, how?

Thank you,
-Jim

Alternatively, it might be thought that pointing the way to killfile is
part of any Usenet group, since it is a Usenet feature.

The short answer to the question is- yes it should be a feature of the
reader you are using (probably not if you access via some browser
setup). I use Thunderbird as both my email reader and Usenet reader, and
it has killfile ability; RTFM.
Old May 12th 15, 03:49 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Dale[_5_]

On 05/11/2015 09:07 PM, gr wrote:
On 5/8/2015 7:31 PM, Jimmy Lane wrote:
there is a particular poster in this group that I would like to remove
from all the post results, as he is discussing everything BUT film and
traditional photography.

Can I block or remove "Dale" from the displayed threads? If so, how?

Thank you,
-Jim

Alternatively, it might be thought that pointing the way to killfile is
part of any Usenet group, since it is a Usenet feature.

The short answer to the question is- yes it should be a feature of the
reader you are using (probably not if you access via some browser
setup). I use Thunderbird as both my email reader and Usenet reader, and
it has killfile ability; RTFM.

news.software.readers

--
Dale http://www.dalekelly.org