QUALEX SAID THEY DON'T.....

Old May 23rd 04, 10:29 PM
Kevin

Default QUALEX SAID THEY DON'T.....

Called Qualex on Friday. I sent the 3 rolls that I needed pushed 1
stop. I received them back, developed, and not pushed at all. I
called thinking maybe they did not see the not on the envelope, or the
one enclosed inside, or written on the canister of each. The answer I
received from them shocked me.

The representative said, "(qualex) does not have the ability to honor
special requests for processing. they come in and we process them in
groups. If we were to actually pay attention to processing requests
we would never be able to process the volume that we do here."

He then advised me that if I didn't like the way my film was
processed, I should consider finding a local mini lab, and pay twice
as much.

So I did....
Old May 23rd 04, 10:59 PM
Walt Kienzle

"Kevin" wrote in message
Called Qualex on Friday. I sent the 3 rolls that I needed pushed 1
stop. I received them back, developed, and not pushed at all. I
called thinking maybe they did not see the not on the envelope, or the
one enclosed inside, or written on the canister of each. The answer I
received from them shocked me.

The representative said, "(qualex) does not have the ability to honor
special requests for processing. they come in and we process them in
groups. If we were to actually pay attention to processing requests
we would never be able to process the volume that we do here."

He then advised me that if I didn't like the way my film was
processed, I should consider finding a local mini lab, and pay twice
as much.

So I did....

I found your post interesting. I too contacted Qualex recently to ask them
if any of their mailers can be used to submit type 220 roll film for
processing. I also asked about processing for type 120 print film. Their
reply simply told me to contact one of their dealers to get an answer.
Using one of the dealers they listed, I e-mailed back to them saying that I
contacted B&H Photo because I had purchased from them in the past, and B&H
recommended I use A&I Services for this type of processing [instead of
Kodak/Qualex]. I then received a seemingly apologetic reply saying that
this would be referred to a supervisor - although I never got an answer to
my question.

BTW, for one stop push processing of slide film (you didn't mention which
type of film you were having processed, or if the envelope that you sent the
film in was a store envelope or prepaid processing mailer envelopes), you
are supposed to enclose an extra cost ESP-1 mailer inside the mailer
envelope. I haven't checked recently, but I think ESP-1's are still
available. I also heard that you can get +2 push processing by enclosing 2
ESP-1 mailers. I wonder if that is really true if they pay that little
attention to what is being sent. Either way, you certainly got a very poor
answer and it looks like their customer service department needs some
housecleaning.

Walt Kienzle

Old May 24th 04, 12:53 AM
Mr 645

seems reasonable to me. Low cost processors can keep prices low by doing
specific and common tasks over and over. With Qualex, your films is extracted
from the canister, barcoded and spliced into 500' rolls. These 500' rolls are
processed in cine type film processors, printed and then, using the barcode
stickers, cut apart and then matched up with the prints.

Jon
Old May 25th 04, 07:01 AM
ThomasH

Kevin wrote:

Called Qualex on Friday. I sent the 3 rolls that I needed pushed 1
stop. I received them back, developed, and not pushed at all. I
called thinking maybe they did not see the not on the envelope, or the
one enclosed inside, or written on the canister of each. The answer I
received from them shocked me.

The representative said, "(qualex) does not have the ability to honor
special requests for processing. they come in and we process them in
groups. If we were to actually pay attention to processing requests
we would never be able to process the volume that we do here."

He then advised me that if I didn't like the way my film was
processed, I should consider finding a local mini lab, and pay twice
as much.

No, you do not need to pay "twice as much'!

http://www.calypsoinc.com/

Push, pull, no cut , no mount, 1st class quality and very, very
rare mistakes or problems. And a good reasonable price as well.

Thomas

So I did....

Old July 7th 04, 10:16 AM
Photobossman

Well I can shed some light as I did work for Qualex.

If you sent in C-41 film and ask for push or pull process they process the
film at the normal processing time and let the auto printers compensate This
is standard procedures as Kodak does not recommend push and Pull process for
C-41 films.

As far as E-6 goes up till I left we pushed & Pulled up to 2 stops. However
to the fact That Qualex are closing labs at lightning speed (9 more labs)
they may be outlabbing the E-6 to another lab.

Photobossman

Old November 29th 04, 08:12 PM
aclg aclg is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
Called Qualex on Friday. I sent the 3 rolls that I needed pushed 1
stop. I received them back, developed, and not pushed at all. I
called thinking maybe they did not see the not on the envelope, or the
one enclosed inside, or written on the canister of each. The answer I
received from them shocked me.

The representative said, "(qualex) does not have the ability to honor
special requests for processing. they come in and we process them in
groups. If we were to actually pay attention to processing requests
we would never be able to process the volume that we do here."

He then advised me that if I didn't like the way my film was
processed, I should consider finding a local mini lab, and pay twice
as much.

So I did....

While we are on the subject of QUALEX...here's my beef, and out of it i'd like to get an email contact for them.
Long story short, they've been giving my wife and I the runaround for a month, they screwed up a bunch of my enlargements for an upcoming show, and we finally went back to get target to call and complain. QUALEX (which I hope doesn't stand for quality exposure) has been lying to us for over a month saying that our request to find out about a missing poster size and negative of high value, was sent through to lab...it wasn't because apparently we were too aggressive on the phone. BOYCOTT QUALEX and shut them down.
Old November 30th 04, 02:01 AM
aclg aclg is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclg
While we are on the subject of QUALEX...here's my beef, and out of it i'd like to get an email contact for them.
Long story short, they've been giving my wife and I the runaround for a month, they screwed up a bunch of my enlargements for an upcoming show, and we finally went back to get target to call and complain. QUALEX (which I hope doesn't stand for quality exposure) has been lying to us for over a month saying that our request to find out about a missing poster size and negative of high value, was sent through to lab...it wasn't because apparently we were too aggressive on the phone. BOYCOTT QUALEX and shut them down.
seriously, i would like the email of qualex complaint dept. or any consumer protection agency that might give them a much needed jolt to take high paying customers seriously...or am i just another number and have no chance here?????? help
Old November 30th 04, 06:15 PM
Jeremy

"aclg" wrote in message

The representative said, "(qualex) does not have the ability to honor
special requests for processing. they come in and we process them in
groups. If we were to actually pay attention to processing requests
we would never be able to process the volume that we do here."

As unsettling as their response was, it makes perfect sense. You require
the services of a custom lab, and Qualex does not offer the level of service
you desire.

Rather than try to convince us all to get mad at them, why don't you just
find yourself an appropriate lab?