Medium Format Neg Scanning??

Old October 21st 04, 02:58 PM
Mike in Dallas

Default Medium Format Neg Scanning??

Has anyone used http://www.pearsonimaging.com for any medium format negative or transparency scanning??

I have about five 6x7cm negatives I want good scans of. Any suggestions? Experience?

The DIGITAL ICE and GEM seem like good options. Experience or opinions appreciated.

Other pro scan places you might suggest as an alternative?

Thanks

Mike
Old October 21st 04, 03:53 PM

Mike in Dallas wrote:

Has anyone used http://www.pearsonimaging.com for any medium format

negative or transparency scanning??

I have about five 6x7cm negatives I want good scans of. Any

suggestions? Experience?

The DIGITAL ICE and GEM seem like good options. Experience or

opinions appreciated.

I think you asked this before. I dunno if you saw my reply, but I'll
repost anyway: you might find it better to hire a Coolscan 9000 for a
weekend.

Andrew.

Old October 21st 04, 04:31 PM
Mike in Dallas

thanks...I googled for it..couldnt find my post or reply. Missed it twice I
guess. Sorry. Thanks.

Old October 21st 04, 07:02 PM
Owamanga

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:53:33 -0000, lid
wrote:

Mike in Dallas wrote:

Has anyone used
http://www.pearsonimaging.com for any medium format
negative or transparency scanning??

I have about five 6x7cm negatives I want good scans of. Any

suggestions? Experience?

The DIGITAL ICE and GEM seem like good options. Experience or

opinions appreciated.

I think you asked this before. I dunno if you saw my reply, but I'll
repost anyway: you might find it better to hire a Coolscan 9000 for a
weekend.

Andrew.

Na, save money by cutting the MF negative into 35mm strips, then
stitch it back together in Photoshop.

:-)

--
Owamanga!