Kodak Technical Pan.

Old January 3rd 05, 02:09 PM
Jim Phelps

"ColynG©" wrote in message
On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 22:19:34 -0600, Frank Pittel
wrote:

Kodak stoped making it years ago and won't be making any more.

Actually Kodak just discontinued Tech Pan a couple of months ago.

TP can still be found on store shelfs. I found a fresh brick back in
November..

Colyn,

Even though you find film on the shelves in stores, it is not fresh and
was actually coated several years ago. Follow this link.
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...255/p255.jhtml

The discontinuance of Tech Pan is not new and was announced by Kodak many
months ago. In the announcement, Kodak tells you the last time they coated
(made) any Tech Pan was several years ago, and most likely was kept in cold
storage since. If you can find it, buy it. It won't be much longer before
it's all in other freezers everywhere (mine included).

Photographers Formulary will continue to make their version of Technidol
for the near future, however, as soon as demand dwindles, I would imagine
that will also be a thing of the past.

Jim

Radioactive isotopes should not be listened to for any worthy advise.
They tend to be very pessimistic, those isotopes... Always decaying and
such.

Old January 3rd 05, 05:17 PM

Yes, precisely.

Old January 3rd 05, 05:17 PM

Yes, precisely.

Old January 3rd 05, 11:16 PM
Hemi4268

What Kodak announced was that they were not
doing another production run, so when the current stuff in the freezer
is gone, it's gone.

What people might not know is TP has it roots in aerial recon film. Kodak has
done long term tests on a film very much like TP. A long term test of this
stuff meaning they kept a batch for over 25 years at zero degrees without any
speed loss or fog.

You should see their freezer. It's the size of a football field. The outer
area is kept at 32 degrees and the inter area is at zero. The whole building
must be heated in the dead of winter.

Larry

Old January 4th 05, 07:53 AM
F.C. Trevor Gale

Greetings, again.

There are stocks of TP120 around the world in many freezers, and it will
be able to get hold of it for quite a time to come. I found this out on
a recent visit to our place in Switzerland.

My apologies for starting a new thread concerning TechPan (I hadn't read
this thread when I came out of my darkroom this evening) but I don't
consider the topic to be a waste of time. I agree with you that in time
it will be no longer available, but there is much to be learnt in it's
use while it is available (see my later post on TechPan).

Well-kept, TechPan lasts a very long time.

wrote:

This is a waste of time. The film will no longer be available. Use
somethhing else and get to know it well.