80 Digital Photos Now On My Web Page...

Old April 8th 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Ruether

Default 80 Digital Photos Now On My Web Page...

I just put up 80 digital images from a Sony 707 on
my web page, beginning at
www.donferrario.com/ruether/digital-photos1.htm
--
David Ruether

www.donferrario.com/ruether/
(note address change)

Old April 8th 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Default [OT] 80 Digital Photos Now On My Web Page...

David Ruether wrote:
I just put up 80 digital images from a Sony 707 on
my web page, beginning at
www.donferrario.com/ruether/digital-photos1.htm

Some very nice photos there, but off-topic for this NG.
Old April 8th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Ruether

"Alan Browne" wrote in message ...
David Ruether wrote:

I just put up 80 digital images from a Sony 707 on
my web page, beginning at
www.donferrario.com/ruether/digital-photos1.htm

Some very nice photos there, but off-topic for this NG.

Well, I used a digital camera with an eye-piece finder
that shows what the lens covers, not a peep-sight (or
the "invisible" rear screen), though the VF may have
contained an electronic screen instead of a purely
optical system (but some older film SLRs didn't even
offer gg surfaces to view DOF on...), and I often use
with this camera a WA converter or an achromat for
close-in work (and an interchangeable lens does not
define an SLR...), so one could argue that I do use a
"digital SLR system"...;-)
--
David Ruether

Old April 8th 07, 04:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

David Ruether wrote:

define an SLR...), so one could argue that I do use a
"digital SLR system"...;-)

I won't repeat the charter war discussions. But the 707 belongs in the
..zlr category, not here.
Old April 8th 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Ruether

David Ruether wrote:

define an SLR...), so one could argue that I do use a
"digital SLR system"...;-)

I won't repeat the charter war discussions. But the 707 belongs in the .zlr category, not here.

Then ignore the mention of the 707, if you wish, and just
view the photos (BTW, there is no mention on the web
page of what I used to shoot them...).
--
David Ruether

Old April 8th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Skip

David Ruether wrote:

I just put up 80 digital images from a Sony 707 on
my web page, beginning at
www.donferrario.com/ruether/digital-photos1.htm

Some very nice photos there, but off-topic for this NG.

Well, I used a digital camera with an eye-piece finder
that shows what the lens covers, not a peep-sight (or
the "invisible" rear screen), though the VF may have
contained an electronic screen instead of a purely
optical system (but some older film SLRs didn't even
offer gg surfaces to view DOF on...), and I often use
with this camera a WA converter or an achromat for
close-in work (and an interchangeable lens does not
define an SLR...), so one could argue that I do use a
"digital SLR system"...;-)

Sorry, but a Sony 707 is not a DSLR, by any of the definitions. It has no
reflex mirror. I have yet to see an SLR that does not have a even a ground
glass screen, since "reflex" refers to the reflex mirror used to reflect the
image up to just such a surface. (I have a couple of old Exactas and a
Bolsey, and used to have an Exacta II with a waist level finder.)

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old April 8th 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
HEMI-Powered

Today, Alan Browne made these interesting comments ...

David Ruether wrote:

define an SLR...), so one could argue that I do use a
"digital SLR system"...;-)

I won't repeat the charter war discussions. But the 707
belongs in the .zlr category, not here.

what difference does any of this make? it would be preferable for
the OP to post his works of art to some binary NG but if he/she
wants to brag up the value of their work, why would anybody really
care?

--
HP, aka Jerry
Old April 8th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Giovanni Azua

"Skip" wrote in message
(I have a couple of old Exactas and a Bolsey, and used to have an Exacta II
with a waist level finder.)

Opps hey if we follow the strict rules here you are going off topic as well,
interesting but OT nevertheless.

Or off topic on off topic gets annulated? hmmm my gf left today and I am
totally bored ... Opps off topic as well

Old April 8th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Skip

"Giovanni Azua" wrote in message
"Skip" wrote in message
(I have a couple of old Exactas and a Bolsey, and used to have an Exacta
II with a waist level finder.)

Opps hey if we follow the strict rules here you are going off topic as
well,
interesting but OT nevertheless.

Or off topic on off topic gets annulated? hmmm my gf left today and I am
totally bored ... Opps off topic as well

Or OT to reply to an already OT post? He said, "but some older film SLRs
didn't even offer gg surfaces to view DOF on..." which I've never seen, and
if they were reflex cameras, they'd have to have something to project the
reflected image upon...

Old April 9th 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Minjerribah

"Rita Ä Berkowitz" ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote in message

: the mystifyingly amazing Noct-Nikkor.

: Rita
:
Double trouble in that sentence! Lovely lens but totally off topic for this
group.

We're Canon D60 and 20D exclusively here. No Minolta or Sony crap allowed.
Maybe ...just maybe, an occasional mention of double adjective Nikon stuff
but frequent mention will invoke the wrath of Canada on the poster, for
sure.