Wisner 16" + !

Old August 9th 04, 02:04 PM
jjs

Default Wisner 16" + !

Wisner writes on their home page that requests for super-large (16") cameras
has increased. There's a bit of news to the digital-fanatics who claim The
End, n'est pas?

BTW - Why Wisner? Besides being stunningly pretty, very well crafted, and
having generous, easily made movements, great folding conformation and light
weight ... oh, never mind. I think I answered my own question.

--
jj who is happy with his new Linhof Technika V, except that front bed
w/90mm, the hoary rear movements... But I love the RF!

Old August 9th 04, 02:59 PM
CamArtsMag

Wisner writes on their home page that requests for super-large (16") cameras
has increased. There's a bit of news to the digital-fanatics who claim The
End, n'est pas?

BTW - Why Wisner? Besides being stunningly pretty, very well crafted, and
having generous, easily made movements, great folding conformation and light
weight ... oh, never mind. I think I answered my own question.

For the last year or so both Wisner and Canham, as well as Phillips, have
reported increased interest in the larger than 8x10 cameras?!?

steve simmons
www.viewcamera.com

Old August 9th 04, 09:24 PM
Sandy

jj who is happy with his new Linhof Technika V, except that front bed
w/90mm, the hoary rear movements... But I love the RF!

Hi jj - Glad to see you have apparently found your camera. The hoary rear
movements I understand but what's your difficulty with the 90mm? I used a
90mm with a Tech V for quite a few years without any problems that I recall.

Old August 9th 04, 09:41 PM
jjs

"Sandy" wrote in message
jj who is happy with his new Linhof Technika V, except that front bed
w/90mm, the hoary rear movements... But I love the RF!

Hi jj - Glad to see you have apparently found your camera. The hoary rear
movements I understand but what's your difficulty with the 90mm? I used a
90mm with a Tech V for quite a few years without any problems that I

recall.

Thank you, Sancy. I am very, very happy to have found it - an intact V with
the three lenses with correct cams. Whew. The 90mm is still due to arrive,
but I used a 90mm on a rented Technika III (a long time ago), and it's
actually _just fine_. It's just not quite as slick as a viewcamera that has
no bed. Picky, picky! I know I can't have everything. I do love the V.
It's an amazing piece of engineering, and so strongly built.

Old August 10th 04, 04:00 AM
jjs

"CamArtsMag" wrote in message
Wisner writes on their home page that requests for super-large (16")

cameras
has increased. There's a bit of news to the digital-fanatics who claim The
End, n'est pas?

BTW - Why Wisner? Besides being stunningly pretty, very well crafted, and
having generous, easily made movements, great folding conformation and

light
weight ... oh, never mind. I think I answered my own question.

For the last year or so both Wisner and Canham, as well as Phillips, have
reported increased interest in the larger than 8x10 cameras?!?

How about a statement rather than a question? (he says, questionably)