Series VII(7) slip-on adapter size?

Old August 8th 04, 01:09 AM
Richard Knoppow

Default Series VII(7) slip-on adapter size?

"jjs" wrote in message
"Richard Knoppow" wrote in

message

I've never seen one like this. All the push-on

adaptors
I've seen have spring fingers. Do you know any more

about
this adaptor?

Here's a pretty crummy snapshot of it: a series VII to

VIII adapter that has
threads on the outside, and a deep, nicely machined 2" ID

with end-stop
ridge in the inside front. It fits an Ilex Paragon lens

and others as a snug
slip-over fit.

http://course1.winona.edu/jstafford/series7.jpg

And if not so-intentionally designed that way, then so be

it - nonetheless
it works perfectly in that regard.

AHA!!, What you have is a step up ring, it screws into a
push-on adaptor, it is not an adaptor itself. Its meant to
allow using Series VIII filters on a lens which takes a
Series VI adaptor.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old August 8th 04, 01:29 AM
jjs

"jjs" wrote:

http://course1.winona.edu/jstafford/series7.jpg

AHA!!, What you have is a step up ring, it screws into a
push-on adaptor, it is not an adaptor itself. Its meant to
allow using Series VIII filters on a lens which takes a
Series VI adaptor.

Correct. Did you catch my follow-up today?
Did you typo? Series VII to VIII

Old August 8th 04, 01:16 PM
Richard Knoppow

"jjs" wrote:

http://course1.winona.edu/jstafford/series7.jpg

AHA!!, What you have is a step up ring, it screws into a
push-on adaptor, it is not an adaptor itself. Its meant to
allow using Series VIII filters on a lens which takes a
Series VI adaptor.

Correct. Did you catch my follow-up today?
Did you typo? Series VII to VIII

Typo it is. Should be VII to VIII. Actually, you can stack adaptor
rings although I don't know why you would want to unless you have a
lot of large filters and small lenses.:-)

Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA

Old August 9th 04, 02:38 AM
davidl

"jjs" wrote in message
Dave (davidl)

Earlier (8/1/04) I posted a picture of a Series VII to VIII step-up ring
that worked as a push-on over a 2" OD lens. Well, I found another one in

my
'stuff', and I tried it in place of the one I posted. It does not work.

It's
ever so slightly too large to fit snug over the 2" OD lens barrel.

So sorry for the misdirection. It is important to correct these things.

Apparently there is just enough variation in manufacturing that I found

one
that worked as a press-fit, but it was an accidental fit. No telling, but
maybe your lens barrel is off the micromillimeter of 2" so this one will
work for you. Write me and I'll send it to you, gratis.

veme

Hello jjs,

thanks for the further explanation - yes, I think it really depends on exact
size of the barrel and exact size an make of the step-up ring model; I got
Tiffen Series VII-VIII step-up ring for a few bucks, and it's tiny bit too
large; I'd still like to use it to accomodate all my Series VIII numerous
filters if I'll ever find correct size series VII slip-on "tabbed" adaptor
(then I can screw it into it) - what I actually need is Kodak Series VII
slip-on adapter 50.5SO - 2". That 50.5SO is I believe the exact part/size
designation.

Appreciate your offer with the free extra ring you found - let me first
search a bit more around eBay before I'll bother you with that; maybe I'll
be lucky and find the exact thing; I'm also planning to visit two local
camera stores; both shops have been around since 50's-60's, and they have
all kind of old material around - with some luck I may be able to find it.
I'll take the lens with me, and if in doubt I'll try it out right on the
spot.

Regards
Dave