Error message Full

Old January 20th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nuala m

Default Error message Full

I am getting a "Full" indicator in the screen but there are no photos
on my card. I tried renaming my file in case all the numbers on my
ND50 were used up. None of tis helped. I tried to take the card out
and re-insert but to no avail. Any ideas what the problem might be?
Old January 20th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

nuala m wrote:
I am getting a "Full" indicator in the screen but there are no photos
on my card. I tried renaming my file

What do you mean 'renaming my file'?

in case all the numbers on my
ND50 were used up. None of tis helped. I tried to take the card out
and re-insert but to no avail. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Reformat in the camera menu should clean it up. You should do this every
time anyways if you haven't been.
Old January 21st 08, 05:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Randy Howard

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 13:44:00 -0600, nuala m wrote
(in article
):

I am getting a "Full" indicator in the screen but there are no photos
on my card. I tried renaming my file in case all the numbers on my
ND50 were used up. None of tis helped. I tried to take the card out
and re-insert but to no avail. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Some platforms you might be using will have a "trashcan" feature, that
even though you think you deleted all the pictures on a computer while
the memory card were mounted, they're still there, possibly in a hidden
directory. Make sure you "empty the trash" if that's appropriate.
Also, try reformatting the card as well.

--
Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)

Old January 21st 08, 02:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nuala m

On Jan 20, 8:21*pm, Paul Furman wrote:
nuala m wrote:
I am getting a "Full" indicator in the screen but there are no photos
on my card. I tried renaming my file

What do you mean 'renaming my file'?

in case all the numbers on my
ND50 were used up. None of tis helped. I tried to take the card out
and re-insert but to no avail. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Reformat in the camera menu should clean it up. You should do this every
time anyways if you haven't been.

Thanks did that. I meant renaming the folder.
Old January 21st 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_4_]

nuala m wrote:
I am getting a "Full" indicator in the screen but there are no
photos on my card. I tried renaming my file

What do you mean 'renaming my file'?

in case all the numbers on my
ND50 were used up. None of tis helped. I tried to take the card out
and re-insert but to no avail. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Reformat in the camera menu should clean it up. You should do this
every time anyways if you haven't been.

Thanks did that. I meant renaming the folder.

There may be a limit for the number of folders in the root directory
(depending what file system is in use). Perhaps that is the limit being
hit?

David