Merging parts of 2 images to make 1 image

Old September 14th 11, 06:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

Default Merging parts of 2 images to make 1 image

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 16:38:12 +0100, "Mentalguy2k8"
wrote:

Hi,

I have a couple of pictures I'd like to "combine", but they were taken at
different places with different lighting... pic A has a decent picture of a
group of people but an awful background, pic B is an excellent background.
Is there an easy way to kind of "average" out the pictures so that if I cut
out the people from pic A, I can paste them into pic B without it looking
obvious that I've pasted them in?

I've tried adjusting all the colours, contrast, brightness etc,. but can't
seem to get them to match.

You have not stated what software you have to do this. Without
knowing that, not much in the way of instructive advice can be given.

I use Photoshop CS4. I would use a Layer Mask to treat the foreground
differently from the background, but I don't know if you have
Photoshop.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old September 15th 11, 07:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

Hi,

I have a couple of pictures I'd like to "combine", but they were taken at
different places with different lighting... pic A has a decent picture of a
group of people but an awful background, pic B is an excellent background.
Is there an easy way to kind of "average" out the pictures so that if I cut
out the people from pic A, I can paste them into pic B without it looking
obvious that I've pasted them in?

I've tried adjusting all the colours, contrast, brightness etc,. but can't
seem to get them to match.

You have not stated what software you have to do this. Without
knowing that, not much in the way of instructive advice can be given.

I use Photoshop CS4. I would use a Layer Mask to treat the foreground
differently from the background, but I don't know if you have
Photoshop.

No, just Paint Shop Pro. I guess I was asking if there was any software
that could analyse both images and kind of "average" them out, so they
looked similar before I cut out the people from one and pasted them
into the other. I have no idea about layers and that kind of thing I'm
afraid, I was looking for an all-in-one solution

Why not post the source files and see if any of us who have capable
software can solve this problem for you?

Savageduck

Old September 16th 11, 08:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

In article ,

wrote:

[...]

How much and will Rich have a hand in it?

Not at all, he just whines.
Others here actually do stuff, and we can prove it.

You certainly can't demonstrate any valuable contribution. I can't say
that the reappearance of the "UK nymshifter" is in anyway welcome.

Savageduck