Depth of field - two of them?

Old February 1st 19, 11:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Depth of field - two of them?

On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 07:30:21 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Friday, 1 February 2019 01:44:15 UTC, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 16:23:44 -0500, nospam

nonsense. most people use their smartphone to connect to the internet
and in many cases, that's all they use. when not using a phone, they're
usually using a laptop, not a desktop. there are *far* more smartphones
than mac and windows pcs combined.

They are still pigs to use in comparison to a desk top.

I wouldn't want to try and use a desk top on the bus, train or in a car.

And at no time do I really want to use my iPad to do, say, a Google
search, but there are occasions when I have to. But I don't like it.

Eric Stevens
Old February 1st 19, 11:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 01 Feb 2019 10:57:14 -0500, nospam

Whisky-dave wrote:

nonsense. most people use their smartphone to connect to the internet
and in many cases, that's all they use. when not using a phone, they're
usually using a laptop, not a desktop. there are *far* more smartphones
than mac and windows pcs combined.

They are still pigs to use in comparison to a desk top.

I wouldn't want to try and use a desk top on the bus, train or in a car.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ters-gawp-woma
n-brings-desktop-computer-first-class/
A shocked commuter took a photograph of a woman who had turned her
First Class seat on a train into an office by installing a large iMac.

I don't travel by train and, as far as I know, our local rail does not
supply mains power.

Eric Stevens
Old February 2nd 19, 12:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

And at no time do I really want to use my iPad to do, say, a Google
search, but there are occasions when I have to. But I don't like it.

why not? searching works quite well, and not just with google either.
there's no point in dragging a desktop around just to do a search.
Old February 2nd 19, 08:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 01 Feb 2019 19:49:32 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

And at no time do I really want to use my iPad to do, say, a Google
search, but there are occasions when I have to. But I don't like it.

why not? searching works quite well, and not just with google either.
there's no point in dragging a desktop around just to do a search.

It's clumsy and it's slow.

Eric Stevens
Old February 2nd 19, 11:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

And at no time do I really want to use my iPad to do, say, a Google
search, but there are occasions when I have to. But I don't like it.

why not? searching works quite well, and not just with google either.
there's no point in dragging a desktop around just to do a search.

It's clumsy and it's slow.

nonsense. it's as fast or faster than a laptop or desktop.
Old February 2nd 19, 11:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Eric Stevens wrote:
On Fri, 01 Feb 2019 19:49:32 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

And at no time do I really want to use my iPad to do, say, a Google
search, but there are occasions when I have to. But I don't like it.

why not? searching works quite well, and not just with google either.
there's no point in dragging a desktop around just to do a search.

It's clumsy and it's slow.

What is the problem?

I am currently on a trip with my iPhone 8+ and iPad Pro (with Smart
Keyboard and Apple Pencil) as my only computing devices, and I am unaware
of this "clumsy and slow" stuff you are talking about.

My iPad Pro is far from "slow", it is actually pretty snappy, and as far as
"clumsy" goes, it has yet to trip over anything, or drop anything.

Savageduck
Old February 2nd 19, 02:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_6_]

On 02/02/2019 11:25, nospam wrote:
In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

And at no time do I really want to use my iPad to do, say, a Google
search, but there are occasions when I have to. But I don't like it.

why not? searching works quite well, and not just with google either.
there's no point in dragging a desktop around just to do a search.

It's clumsy and it's slow.

nonsense. it's as fast or faster than a laptop or desktop.

I completely agree with you! :-)

--
David B.
Old February 3rd 19, 01:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 02 Feb 2019 06:25:57 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

And at no time do I really want to use my iPad to do, say, a Google
search, but there are occasions when I have to. But I don't like it.

why not? searching works quite well, and not just with google either.
there's no point in dragging a desktop around just to do a search.

It's clumsy and it's slow.

nonsense. it's as fast or faster than a laptop or desktop.

I can't answer for the hardware you use. But maybe you only do simple
searches.

Eric Stevens
Old February 3rd 19, 01:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 02 Feb 2019 05:46:22 -0600, Savageduck
wrote:

Eric Stevens wrote:
On Fri, 01 Feb 2019 19:49:32 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

And at no time do I really want to use my iPad to do, say, a Google
search, but there are occasions when I have to. But I don't like it.

why not? searching works quite well, and not just with google either.
there's no point in dragging a desktop around just to do a search.

It's clumsy and it's slow.

What is the problem?

I am currently on a trip with my iPhone 8+ and iPad Pro (with Smart
Keyboard and Apple Pencil) as my only computing devices, and I am unaware
of this "clumsy and slow" stuff you are talking about.

My iPad Pro is far from "slow", it is actually pretty snappy, and as far as
"clumsy" goes, it has yet to trip over anything, or drop anything.

Using a keyboard with my iPad would deal with half my criticism but,
whether you like it or not, the fact that you have bought a keyboard
shows that you share at least some of my sentiments.

Another major part of my complaint is the Google app for iPad. That
and the fact that it doesn't take many advertisements to unacceptably
clutter the small screen. And when you uninvertedly trigger an
advertisement into life by brushing it with a passing finger ... .

Eric Stevens
Old February 3rd 19, 01:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

And at no time do I really want to use my iPad to do, say, a Google
search, but there are occasions when I have to. But I don't like it.

why not? searching works quite well, and not just with google either.
there's no point in dragging a desktop around just to do a search.

It's clumsy and it's slow.

nonsense. it's as fast or faster than a laptop or desktop.

I can't answer for the hardware you use.

the hardware is irrelevant. displaying search results is not cpu
intensive.

But maybe you only do simple
searches.

the complexity or simplicity of a search is also irrelevant.