Depth of field - two of them?

Old January 21st 19, 04:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

Default Depth of field - two of them?

On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 15:13:51 -0000, Whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 21 January 2019 14:22:59 UTC, David B. wrote:
On 21/01/2019 14:05, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 21 January 2019 11:42:14 UTC, David B. wrote:
On 21/01/2019 10:47, Whisky-dave wrote:

On 2019-01-15 19:27, Jeff wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in
news
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctqungbvve...field.jpg?dl=0
This is a snapshot of Startrek The Next Generation, Season 6, Episode
26. It appears to have two planes of focus, one centred on the right eye
of the man in the foreground, and one on the right side of the chest of
the man in the background. Two cameras with superimposing? Or some
effect put in afterwards?

Going by the still and not seeing the video I would assume the Borg is a
chromakeyed background since the lighting is quite different on them.

+1. Or not necessarily chromakeyed but simply separate video source
being merged into the principle scene.

This is really the silliest of silly threads... oh, wait, but close.

If someone is sillier than me I want to meet him.

Plenty on facebook.

Do *YOU* have a Facebook *persona*, Dave? [Error corrected!]

Yes.

So what did you think of the Stonehenge image?

I don't use FB while at work, due to cookies I don't want to see aads for the sort of things I buy at work, when I'm on FB I'm more likely be responding to music rather than electronic devices.

Ever heard of an adblocker? I saw zero adverts on facebook.

And as the link has disappeared from this post I won't see it.

What link?
Old January 21st 19, 04:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 15:39:12 -0000, Whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 21 January 2019 15:12:57 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 15:03:11 -0000, Whisky-dave wrote:

If I block friends of friends, and also friends, I'd see nothing. So what would be the point? Anyone I actually want to speak to, I email, phone, text, or visit in person. Why would I want to discuss things with friends where everyone can see them?

Although I only have ~80 friends on FB most I don't see anything from, but they can messege me or contact me in a group message or post, I don't see what they have for dinner as I have seleted not to see every post they make.
I think I only have 2 friends on FB that I haven't met in real life anyway.
If you know how to use FB it can be useful, but like any method of communication you should be able to control it and I can.

It just seems completely pointless to me. If you want to contact your friend, why not just email them? You can send them videos or photos that way quite easily, and even to more than one friend at a time.

But what if I want all the followers of a friends band to see the video I recordeed of them, I don;t have all their email address and there might be others that liike the band that are not my friends, I might not even like them but why should that stop them from watching the video ?

My Aunt is in several communities of 50 people. She simply has mailing lists in her email program.

But I do use youtube to store the video and FB to publicise it, and I don;t want 100s of people knowing my email address and I don't want their email addresses.

Why would you want to show a video to people you don't like?

On 2019-01-15 19:27, Jeff wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in
[...]

I don't mind seeing ads for things I buy or use at home infact I like the idea of seeing IR filters cameras etc... I just don't want to see ads at home for stuff I use at work.

Why would anyone want to see an ad for anything at all? Everybody fastforwards ads on TV, and blocks them on the internet. If I want to buy something, I search for it, they shouldn't be searching for me.

And as the link has disappeared from this post I won't see it.

What link?

The link to the stonehenge picture that DB was refering to.

I never saw a link for that either.
Old January 21st 19, 07:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 16:37:50 -0000, Whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 21 January 2019 15:59:55 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

and can those in the mailing list contact each other easily almost without thought ?

Just how difficult do you think it is to send an email?

But I do use youtube to store the video and FB to publicise it, and I don't want 100s of people knowing my email address and I don't want their email addresses.

Why would you want to show a video to people you don't like?

Why not, I'm pretty sure attenbough wouldn't like everyone that views what he does, it's sort of against the laws of probability.

Youtube can publicise a video without using FB.

And Hitler was a vegitarian does that make all vegatarians bad , don;t answer that ;-)

Maybe that's what made him think clearly.

On 2019-01-15 19:27, Jeff wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in
[...]

When there's a discount for one.Suppose yuo have an interest in formula 1 racing are you saying you wouldn;t want ads for discount tickets, special offers and news and infromation, same with bands , cars anything else.

If I'm looking for something, I want to buy it today, not when an ad happens to appear.

Everybody fastforwards ads on TV,

Then how the hell do you know when anything is on TV or what time.

The EPG or the TV Times.

and blocks them on the internet. If I want to buy something, I search for it, they shouldn't be searching for me.

they aren't.

They're telling me to buy something when I clearly don't want it.

Before Xmas I was looking to buy a 4 TB HD, looked on amazon seleted the one I wanted at £85 to find it was only availble at that price with amazon prime which I don't have. A day or so later an ad appeared for PCworld telling me that they had the same drive for exaclty the same price and I didn't need amazon prime all I needed to do was take a 10min walk to my nearest store.
I never really think of checking PCworld when buying anything let alone stuff for my mac.

Use Ebay, a wider selection of stuff at much lower prices than Amazon. I buy everything except food on Ebay.
Old January 21st 19, 07:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Commander Kinsey
wrote:

Use Ebay, a wider selection of stuff at much lower prices than Amazon.

false.
Old January 23rd 19, 12:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
gray_wolf

On 1/21/2019 9:03 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
[snip]
Although I only have ~80 friends on FB most I don't see anything from, but they can message me or contact me in a group message or post, I don't see what they have for dinner as I have selected not to see every post they make.
I think I only have 2 friends on FB that I haven't met in real life anyway.
If you know how to use FB it can be useful, but like any method of communication you should be able to control it and I can.

FB is very useful for me. I'm heavily involved in canine rescue as a networker.
FB has greatly increased our success rate tremendously in re-homing worthwhile

dogs who would have otherwise been killed. There are many ways to control it.
Some msy not be so obvious.
Old January 23rd 19, 01:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 19:43:00 -0000, David B. "David
wrote:

On 20/01/2019 19:20, PeterN wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 22:10:53 -0000,* wrote:

snip

...but if you care to go ahead, who am I to stop you

I can only comment on what I've seen between David and Diesel.* Diesel
appears to be an utter arsehole.

I don't read either of them.

You should read *ME*! (I'm the GOOD guy!)

THIS is for you, Peter ..... https://goo.gl/SUkH8j

It's about CATS! :-D

I'm only 43, and it took me less than forty seconds, so there!

Nym shifting for one:
Gut feeling, for another.
I read and post here to share knowledge and information. I try not to
waste time on BS. Like some here I have a serious interest in
photography and art. I have little patience for nonsense.

--
PeterN
Old January 23rd 19, 09:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_5_]

wrote:

On 20/01/2019 19:20, PeterN wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 22:10:53 -0000,* wrote:

snip

...but if you care to go ahead, who am I to stop you

I can only comment on what I've seen between David and Diesel.* Diesel
appears to be an utter arsehole.

I don't read either of them.

You should read *ME*! (I'm the GOOD guy!)

THIS is for you, Peter ..... https://goo.gl/SUkH8j

It's about CATS! :-D

I'm only 43, and it took me less than forty seconds, so there!

Nym shifting for one:
Gut feeling, for another.
I read and post here to share knowledge and information. I try not to
waste time on BS. Like some here I have a serious interest in
photography and art. I have little patience for nonsense.

The Commander is the same age as my daughter and is as 'bright as a
button'! ;-)

I *LIKE* him!

--
David B.
Old January 23rd 19, 11:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_5_]

On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 22:10:53 -0000,Â* wrote:

snip

...but if you care to go ahead, who am I to stop you

I can only comment on what I've seen between David and Diesel.Â* Diesel
appears to be an utter arsehole.

I don't read either of them.

You should read *ME*! (I'm the GOOD guy!)

THIS is for you, Peter ..... https://goo.gl/SUkH8j

It's about CATS! :-D

I'm only 43, and it took me less than forty seconds, so there!

Nym shifting for one:
Gut feeling, for another.
I read and post here to share knowledge and information. I try not to
waste time on BS. Like some here I have a serious interest in
photography and art. I have little patience for nonsense.

The Commander is the same age as my daughter and is as 'bright as a
button'! ;-)

My buttons have a pretty low IQ I don't consider them bright at all most are black or dark in colour ;-)

Ha! When I joined the navy in January 1962, I lived in a hut with twenty
or so guys. Two of them were from Nigeria .... and as black as any
button you may have! I'm not prejudiced. ;-)

https://thefisgardassociation.org

--
David B.