Going for 10 day's to Paris, France in mid October.

Old June 19th 17, 12:31 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
[email protected]

Default Going for 10 day's to Paris, France in mid October.

Going for 10 day's to Paris, France in mid October.
1.

I'm bringing my Mamiya 7-2 camera and I'm trying to lighten my load with only 3 lenses. I own the following, 43mm, 50mm, 65mm, 80mm and the 150mm. For those of you who have been to Paris, which lenses would you suggest and why?

I'm thinking about the 50mm, 65mm and the 80mm, leaving the 43 and the 150mm home. I'm pondering with the notion of leaving the 50 home and bringing the 43mm, instead.

2. Does anyone know of a photo dealer who still sells film near the Effel tower? I'm looking to buy 120Xvelvia, 120XProvia and 120Delta100.

Regards

Bob McCarthy
Old June 19th 17, 02:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Ken Hart[_4_]

On 06/18/2017 07:31 PM, wrote:
Going for 10 day's to Paris, France in mid October.
1.

I'm bringing my Mamiya 7-2 camera and I'm trying to lighten my load with only 3 lenses. I own the following, 43mm, 50mm, 65mm, 80mm and the 150mm. For those of you who have been to Paris, which lenses would you suggest and why?

I'm thinking about the 50mm, 65mm and the 80mm, leaving the 43 and the 150mm home. I'm pondering with the notion of leaving the 50 home and bringing the 43mm, instead.

2. Does anyone know of a photo dealer who still sells film near the Effel tower? I'm looking to buy 120Xvelvia, 120XProvia and 120Delta100.

Regards

Bob McCarthy

I've never been to Paris...

Just as a general rule: If I had to limit the number of lenses, I would
select the widest variation in lenses. I would pick the widest, the
longest, and something in between.

Another consideration is if this is a once in a lifetime trip, how much
will you lighten your load by leaving out two lenses? If I were
concerned about the weight/size of my load, I'd rather leave out socks
and underwear than camera gear!

As to photo dealers, Google is your friend. The search term
"photographic film retailers near the eiffel tower" yields some good
results.

--
Ken Hart

Old July 1st 17, 09:47 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Kai Burghardt

--
Sincerely yours
Kai Burghardt