Nikon Coolpix 950 makes loud, clicking noise...

Old February 17th 18, 07:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Nikon Coolpix 950 makes loud, clicking noise...

wrote:
On Thursday, October 24, 2002 at 11:54:56 PM UTC-4, Dave Mundt wrote:
Greetings and Salutations.
...and halts with a system error. I picked up
a 950 off Ebay a year or two ago, so it was well out
of warranty.

Tale of woe from 2002 snipped

Regards
Dave Mundt

i just found one of these with the same problem at my local goodwill for
15 cents! i tore right into it before find this veeeery old post that
damn flash caps a little bitch hhahaha still havent fixed it but i did
full teardown and re assemble this cool little toy even with my shakey
hands and hatred of tiny fiddly things

....but did you manage to get that 16+ year old, and very obsolete camera to
work?

These days many smartphone cameras will give you better performance than
that particular Nikon

Savageduck