VOYEURS LOVE THE 40D !

Old October 27th 07, 05:54 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Default VOYEURS LOVE THE 40D !

OK, Sheriff, I'd better explain this one.
I went out in the back yard tonight to photograph the full moon with
the 40D.
I had the 400 f/5.6L mounted with the 1.4x TC. Didn't get anything
great, but I did manage to catch a bird flying in front of the moon.
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/87918090

Anyway, something caught my eye up the street as I noticed movement in
a window from the only house on the block that had light emanating
from it. (Most of the elderly folks in my hood go to bed well before
11:30PM when this was taken.)
The house was too far away to tell what I was looking at so I turned
the 40D and fired off a few frames. I rather like the result.

I did a little color balance tweaking on part of the pic to achieve
the look I wanted (the original was very orange). I think it has kind
of an Americana feel to it, dontcha think?

OK, now all you haters can let it rip.
I'm just glad I didn't stumble on a team of cheerleaders at a slumber
party.
I coulda been out there in that cold air all night!

Old October 27th 07, 07:27 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Oct 27, 12:54 am, Annika1980 wrote:
[...]

Cool pic of the moon! Lovely detail. I like the bird flying across.
It gives it a soulful feeling.

I agree, the second pic does have an Americana feel to it. It tells a
story. The man with the brush cut walking across numerous beer
bottles on a windows ledge. Probably getting a beer during a
commercial on tv. You did a great job with the color balance. At
that speed, I can see how the pic was really orange.
Helen

Old October 27th 07, 08:22 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
William Graham

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
OK, Sheriff, I'd better explain this one.
I went out in the back yard tonight to photograph the full moon with
the 40D.
I had the 400 f/5.6L mounted with the 1.4x TC. Didn't get anything
great, but I did manage to catch a bird flying in front of the moon.
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/87918090

I bet the kooks will claim that's a flying saucer getting ready for a moon
landing.......

Anyway, something caught my eye up the street as I noticed movement in
a window from the only house on the block that had light emanating
from it. (Most of the elderly folks in my hood go to bed well before
11:30PM when this was taken.)
The house was too far away to tell what I was looking at so I turned
the 40D and fired off a few frames. I rather like the result.

I wonder why he saves his old beer bottles?

Old October 27th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Harry Lockwood

In article . com,
Annika1980 wrote:

[...]

Hitchcockian.

HFL

--
www.pbase.com/hlockwood
Change hlockwood to hflockwood in email address
Old October 27th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Oct 27, 9:47 am, Harry Lockwood wrote:
In article . com,

Annika1980 wrote:
[...]

That was the first thing in my mind as well. The movie Rear Window
with James Stewart.

Old October 27th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

On Oct 27, 9:47 am, Harry Lockwood wrote:

Hitchcockian.

Me and old Alfred share the same birthdate ... August 13.
Ben Hogan, too.
And now you know the rest of the story....

Old October 27th 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

? "Annika1980" ?????? ??? ??????
ups.com...
[...]

Bret, you rock! A dSLR in your hands (and a canon, too) is like a philips
screwdriver in mine, hehehe.(Or better, my all-time favourite, the Browning
0.50 " machine gun, with incendiary, armor-piercing and tracer ammunition).I
liked almost all your photos that you posted, you can make even your cat's
portrait a masterpiece.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

Old October 27th 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Oct 27, 4:45 pm, TH O wrote:
In article ,
"Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" wrote:

Bret, you rock! A dSLR in your hands (and a canon, too) is like a philips
screwdriver in mine, hehehe.(Or better, my all-time favourite, the Browning
0.50 " machine gun, with incendiary, armor-piercing and tracer ammunition).I
liked almost all your photos that you posted, you can make even your cat's
portrait a masterpiece.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering
mechanized infantry reservist
hordad AT otenet DOT gr

Are you related to Helen?

LOL! I KNEW someone was going to say it! Nope, I have no greek
relatives. But I do agree with his opinion about Bret, except for one
thing, he said "almost" every pic. I have yet to see one of Bret's
pics that wasn't excellent.............but then you already knew that.
Helen

Old October 28th 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Sosumi

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
OK, Sheriff, I'd better explain this one.
I went out in the back yard tonight to photograph the full moon with
the 40D.
I had the 400 f/5.6L mounted with the 1.4x TC. Didn't get anything
great, but I did manage to catch a bird flying in front of the moon.
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/87918090

Looks more like you got some bird**** on your lens, LOL. This must be the
ugliest picture of the moon. Do a google and see what they should look like.

Anyway, something caught my eye up the street as I noticed movement in
a window from the only house on the block that had light emanating
from it. (Most of the elderly folks in my hood go to bed well before
11:30PM when this was taken.)
The house was too far away to tell what I was looking at so I turned
the 40D and fired off a few frames. I rather like the result.

Top say the least: Iīm not impressed...

--
"I donīt need a camera,
I have a photographic memory..."