Follow-up to 'Erotic Photography Question'

Old December 15th 04, 09:10 PM
Cynicor

"A" wrote in message
If you, as the photographer do not feel the eroticism (get turned on), how
do you expect viewers of your photo's to be?

This is not a trick question, and I will openly admit I have no experience
in this field (except photographing girlfriends), but do you not get the
models to pose in a way that you find erotic?

You talk about 'professional', but you can't subdue instinct, surely?

Wait, they'll actually pose for that? And here I was, amazed that Eolake
could sneak up on so many unsuspecting women relaxing in the forest.

Old December 15th 04, 09:18 PM
lost human

"Cynicor" wrote in message

"A" wrote in message
If you, as the photographer do not feel the eroticism (get turned on),

how
do you expect viewers of your photo's to be?

This is not a trick question, and I will openly admit I have no

experience
in this field (except photographing girlfriends), but do you not get the
models to pose in a way that you find erotic?

You talk about 'professional', but you can't subdue instinct, surely?

Wait, they'll actually pose for that? And here I was, amazed that Eolake
could sneak up on so many unsuspecting women relaxing in the forest.

And he's such a square that he doesn't get turned on by the idea? =)

I grew up in Samoa and I always got turned on when I found a pretty girl in
the woods. Who needed a camera?

Old December 15th 04, 09:24 PM
Skip M

"A" wrote in message
If you, as the photographer do not feel the eroticism (get turned on), how
do you expect viewers of your photo's to be?

This is not a trick question, and I will openly admit I have no experience
in this field (except photographing girlfriends), but do you not get the
models to pose in a way that you find erotic?

You talk about 'professional', but you can't subdue instinct, surely?

Because, on one level, you know what will work, but on another level, you
are working so hard to get that "look," that you don't respond to the pose,
yourself. But I always enjoy the end result, if I've done my job right.
That's when I know whether they're "erotic" or not. And, frankly, there
have been times that I've not gotten what I wanted to, image wise, sometimes
because I couldn't get the erotic look, and once or twice (in ten years)
because I did allow myself to be distracted by the eroticism of the
situation. But that last was something like the second or third time I did
it.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old December 15th 04, 09:48 PM
Mxsmanic

A writes:

If you, as the photographer do not feel the eroticism (get turned on), how
do you expect viewers of your photo's to be?

If the camera operator filming a scene in a sad movie doesn't cry, how
can anyone expect people in the audience at the theater to cry?

You talk about 'professional', but you can't subdue instinct, surely?

Easily. For the true photographer, the absorbing interest of taking
photographs overrides mere sexual desire.

Old December 15th 04, 09:50 PM
Owamanga

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:11:14 -0000, "A" wrote:

If you, as the photographer do not feel the eroticism (get turned on), how
do you expect viewers of your photo's to be?

Some of the most erotic photos I've seen are of girls holding a
digicam at arms length and shooting themselves. Bad focus, crap
lighting but real raw life-force from the girl.

There are also some females so sexy that it doesn't matter what the
hell the photographer did. Put some tits out there, and you've got
something to stare at.

If you have access to binary groups, do a search for 'LUBA' in
alt.binaries.pictures.nude, she's one of the HEGRE-ARCHIVES models.

She's also he
http://www.hegre-archives.com/hegrea...aper5_1920.jpg
http://www.hegre-archives.com/models...m=mod515325615

I don't actually like this style of photography (binaries, not the
marketing shots on the site). Girls doing gymnastics never did much to
me, but Luba rises above that.

I think the guy who runs it ended up getting married to her, because
she was by far the most erotic/sexy/jumpable of 140+ models there.

...but I am sure everyone has their favorites.

This is not a trick question, and I will openly admit I have no experience
in this field (except photographing girlfriends), but do you not get the
models to pose in a way that you find erotic?

The model is doing some work here too, she knows (or should do) how to
best pose her own body based on the requested style/theme from the
photographer.

--
Owamanga!

Old December 15th 04, 09:51 PM

Skip, don't get defensive about what I am about to say. I don't doubt you,
I am just interested.

When you say you 'know what will work', how do you know this without
'feeling' the photo.

When you say you enjoy the end results, is it partially luck? The reason I
say this is because wildlife photographers talk about some of their photos
like it was no accident, and in a lot of cases it isn't, but there are a lot
of photos you know were a result of 7FPS, even if they didn't admit it. It
doesn't mean they are bad photographers BTW.

Old December 15th 04, 10:00 PM
Owamanga

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 22:48:29 +0100, Mxsmanic
wrote:

A writes:

If you, as the photographer do not feel the eroticism (get turned on), how
do you expect viewers of your photo's to be?

If the camera operator filming a scene in a sad movie doesn't cry, how
can anyone expect people in the audience at the theater to cry?

I don't get your point, you want the photographer to shoot his load
over the chick in the last few frames?

...i've seen that done before, but then it becomes porn, not just
erotic nudes.

You talk about 'professional', but you can't subdue instinct, surely?

Easily. For the true photographer, the absorbing interest of taking
photographs overrides mere sexual desire.

Yep, that must be it.

--
Owamanga!