Help Regarding Print Dryer and Asbestos

Old February 26th 06, 10:55 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Help Regarding Print Dryer and Asbestos

Could I pick your collective brains. I am disposing of an old Nova
Fibre Based Print Dryer but have been told that the older models may
contain asbestos. I was wondering if anyone had any idea if the unit
does contain asbestos. I purchased this machine in around 1993 - 1995.
I have contacted the manufacturers but no response as yet.

The address to view the type unit is:

http://www.novadarkroom.com/cgi/sh00...2117#aAPGS2117

Any

helpful comments gratefully received

TIA

Old February 26th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Dragonphoto1 wrote in
:

I am disposing of an old Nova
Fibre Based Print Dryer but have been told that the older models may
contain asbestos. I was wondering if anyone had any idea if the unit
does contain asbestos. I purchased this machine in around 1993 - 1995.

Any

helpful comments gratefully received

TIA

Was it new when you purchased it? If so, I suspect there is no problem -
manufacturers stopped using it in products after the concerns became known
in the 1970's. So by 1993-95, I suspect that a new dryer would have been
free of asbestos.
Old February 26th 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

On 2006-02-26 15:20:12 +0000, Mono said:

Dragonphoto1 wrote in
:
I am disposing of an old Nova Fibre Based Print Dryer but have been
told that the older models may contain asbestos. I was wondering if
anyone had any idea if the unit does contain asbestos. I purchased this
machine in around 1993 - 1995.

Any
helpful comments gratefully received

TIA

Was it new when you purchased it? If so, I suspect there is no problem
- manufacturers stopped using it in products after the concerns became
known in the 1970's. So by 1993-95, I suspect that a new dryer would
have been free of asbestos.

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond Mono.

You have confirmed my thoughts. Yes the Dryer was new when bought from
Nova and as you say concerns over asbestos have been around for some
time.

Many thanks for this.