NIKON F10...... FUNNY AND SAD

Old January 18th 08, 04:01 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Default NIKON F10...... FUNNY AND SAD

I went to Radioshack and got a substitution battery for LRFF alkaline.
Except one problem; there is no exposure metering when I slightly
advance the advancing level and I'm looking through the lense with
lens cap off!! By this time I've opened and closed the battery slot at
the bottom with a penny. But a penny is no longer good. I don't want
these useless batteries sitting in my NIKON F10. I try other things;
finally I have to RIP the thing off to get the batteries off! HA, HA,
ROFLMAO. If the rest of this "machine" works as well as the batteries
I'm in for sweet surprise.

In a few days I'm going to test it to see if "it performs". If not
then I will consider getting a used F3.

Regrettably,
Michael Ragland
Old January 18th 08, 04:54 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Advocate54

In a few days I'm going to test it to see if "it performs". If not
then I will consider getting a used F3.

Moving from an F10 to an F3 is a quantum leap. You probably should have
listened to those that advised you last week to avoid the F10.

Old January 18th 08, 06:30 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jan 17, 8:54*pm, "Advocate54" wrote:
In a few days I'm going to test it to see if "it performs". If not
then I will consider getting a used F3.

Moving from an F10 to an F3 is a quantum leap. You probably should have
listened to those that advised you last week to avoid the F10.

KEH's offers a BGN Nikon Manual Focus
F3HP WITH 24 F2.8 AI (52) 35MM SLR MANUAL FOCUS CAMERA OUTFIT

Is this an F3 camera? And what is one's experience with BGN?

Michael Ragland

p.s. Is this a totally manual camera or just manual focus?
Old January 18th 08, 07:02 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

wrote:
On Jan 17, 8:54 pm, "Advocate54" wrote:
In a few days I'm going to test it to see if "it performs". If not
then I will consider getting a used F3.

Moving from an F10 to an F3 is a quantum leap. You probably should have
listened to those that advised you last week to avoid the F10.

KEH's offers a BGN Nikon Manual Focus
F3HP WITH 24 F2.8 AI (52) 35MM SLR MANUAL FOCUS CAMERA OUTFIT

Is this an F3 camera? And what is one's experience with BGN?

BGN = Bargain condition meaning thrashed exterior and significant wear
to critical components but still working, and all functions should be
fine. You can return it if unhappy for the cost of 2-way shipping and
hassle. I've bought three lenses in that condition, one was fine,
another was really brutally thrashed though yes the glass was flawless
but I returned it because I think it was dropped way too many times &
out of alignment (not sharp) and just plain *horrible* looking. It might
just mean some nasty cosmetics and works perfectly. The third one was in
poor shape: rear cap won't tighten, focus ring stiff, beat up.. but
glass was fine & pictures were fine and the price was cheap so I can't
complain.

p.s. Is this a totally manual camera or just manual focus?

Old January 18th 08, 07:28 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Advocate54

wrote in message
On Jan 17, 8:54 pm, "Advocate54" wrote:
In a few days I'm going to test it to see if "it performs". If not
then I will consider getting a used F3.

Moving from an F10 to an F3 is a quantum leap. You probably should have
listened to those that advised you last week to avoid the F10.

KEH's offers a BGN Nikon Manual Focus
F3HP WITH 24 F2.8 AI (52) 35MM SLR MANUAL FOCUS CAMERA OUTFIT

Is this an F3 camera? And what is one's experience with BGN?

Michael Ragland

p.s. Is this a totally manual camera or just manual focus?

Manual focus with automatic setting...can be completely manual. The 24mm
lens is probably not something you'd find particularly useful...in addition,
I think the price is too high. You can find much better deals on a Nikon
F3HP, probably half of what KEH is asking for this camera.

Old January 20th 08, 05:00 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jan 17, 11:28*pm, "Advocate54" wrote:
wrote in message

On Jan 17, 8:54 pm, "Advocate54" wrote:

In a few days I'm going to test it to see if "it performs". If not
then I will consider getting a used F3.

Moving from an F10 to an F3 is a quantum leap. You probably should have
listened to those that advised you last week to avoid the F10.

KEH's offers a BGN Nikon Manual Focus
*F3HP WITH 24 F2.8 AI (52) 35MM SLR MANUAL FOCUS CAMERA OUTFIT

Is this an F3 camera? And what is one's experience with BGN?

Michael Ragland

p.s. Is this a totally manual camera or just manual focus?

Manual focus with automatic setting...can be completely manual. The 24mm
lens is probably not something you'd find particularly useful...in addition,
I think the price is too high. You can find much better deals on a Nikon
F3HP, probably half of what KEH is asking for this camera.

Where? EBAY? I don't trust EBAY.

P.S. I repeat I want the best or one of the best COMPLETELY MANUAL
camera out there. Is it hard to find? I think digital is not best for
some beginners and that is why I'm sticking with film. Just in my
case.

Michael Ragland
Old January 20th 08, 05:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

wrote:
P.S. I repeat I want the best or one of the best COMPLETELY MANUAL
camera out there. Is it hard to find? I think digital is not best for
some beginners and that is why I'm sticking with film. Just in my
case.

Unless you want to spend a fortune, that would be the Nikon F4.
It has autofocus and auto exposure, but it also works fine
in manual focus mode with both autofocus and manual focus
lenses, has good manual metering, etc.

The only bad part about it is that it does not have manual
film advance.

If you want to do it cheaply, get a Nikon 8008, which has
good manual metering, a high-eypoint finder, interchangable
focusing screens (in case you don't like the one it comes
with) etc. It has beter metering with AF lenses, but it
does meter as well as the F3 does with AIs and AI lenses.

It lacks manual film advance and rewind. There
are two models, the 8008 and 8008s, with the "s" having
better and faster autofocus. Either can be had for
very little money.

KEH has "users" for as little as $21.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel
N3OWJ/4X1GM
Old January 20th 08, 07:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Advocate54

Where? EBAY? I don't trust EBAY.

P.S. I repeat I want the best or one of the best COMPLETELY MANUAL
camera out there. Is it hard to find? I think digital is not best for
some beginners and that is why I'm sticking with film. Just in my
case.

You don't have to trust ebay...but if you know what you are doing, it can be
a safe place to get a good deal. I've never been stung in over 150
purchases.

Adorama sells on ebay.

Old January 20th 08, 07:33 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jan 19, 11:14*pm, "Advocate54" wrote:
Where? EBAY? I don't trust EBAY.

P.S. I repeat I want the best or one of the best COMPLETELY MANUAL
camera out there. Is it hard to find? I think digital is not best for
some beginners and that is why I'm sticking with film. Just in my
case.

You don't have to trust ebay...but if you know what you are doing, it can be
a safe place to get a good deal. I've never been stung in over 150
purchases.

Adorama sells on ebay.

There are also so many choices! It's overwhelming. I recently saw the
NIKON 35mm film F5 and it
looks impressive; just as good as as the HP3. I saw B&H offerring a
few used models. Body about
$400.00 to $500.00. Then I need an autofocus lense since apparently
this camera is autofocus. My
hunch it is not totally manual but can be made manual. How do
autofocus lenses works? I will check
out Adorama plus Penn Exchange near where I live. I don't mind bells
and whistles but I also want
simplicity. I'm shooting some ISO color high definition film to see
how it turns out. Does F5 comptatible
with motorpak. I thought it could take 10 frames a shot. Ebay just
takes mainly Pay Pal and I've
never set up such an account; have always used credit card.

Michael Ragland

Funny SMS fazi Digital Photography 0 July 16th 07 09:31 AM
%%%%HOW TO BE FUNNY!%%%% Expert Humor Medium Format Photography Equipment 0 March 31st 06 04:14 PM
%%%%HOW TO BE FUNNY!%%%% Expert Humor 35mm Photo Equipment 0 March 31st 06 04:03 PM
%%%%HOW TO BE FUNNY!%%%% Expert Humor Medium Format Photography Equipment 0 March 31st 06 07:09 AM
Funny Focus Problem in Nikon D70..... mert Digital Photography 10 October 4th 04 02:57 PM