BLIZZARDS LOVE THE 40D !

Old January 17th 08, 05:36 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Default BLIZZARDS LOVE THE 40D !

We were slammed with a huge blizzard tonight, a good half inch, easy.
Almost covered the cop car staked out across the street.

Old January 17th 08, 09:15 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Jan 16, 11:36*pm, Annika1980 wrote:
We were slammed with a huge blizzard tonight, a good half inch, easy.
Almost covered the cop car staked out across the street.

LOL! That's the kind of blizzard conditions I can deal with! Usually
we get about 30cm or more.
It's a lovely night scene. I like how the street light looks like a
star. I know I've said it before but I love that lens!
We got a cop car that likes to park just down the street from me too.
I call him Barney Fife.
Helen
Old January 17th 08, 05:22 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
jean

"Annika1980" a écrit dans le message de news:
We were slammed with a huge blizzard tonight, a good half inch, easy.
Almost covered the cop car staked out across the street.

½" here is called a dusting IF it is mentionned at all

http://www.pbase.com/jeandr/image/91778667
http://www.pbase.com/jeandr/image/91779069

Jean

Old January 17th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Jan 17, 11:22*am, "jean" wrote:
"Annika1980" a écrit dans le message de news:

We were slammed with a huge blizzard tonight, a good half inch, easy.
Almost covered the cop car staked out across the street.

½" here is called a dusting IF it is mentionned at all

http://www.pbase.com/jeandr/image/91...image/91779069

Jean

I know what you mean Jean!
Helen
Old January 18th 08, 04:50 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Bob AZ

On Jan 16, 9:36�pm, Annika1980 wrote:
We were slammed with a huge blizzard tonight, a good half inch, easy.

Annika et al

Should I post the pictures of our only snowfall in the last 10 or 12
years? It started in the evening and I had to use a flash to get the
pictures. Everything gone by morning.
Bob AZ
Old January 18th 08, 04:59 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 19:50:36 -0800 (PST), Bob AZ
wrote:

On Jan 16, 9:36?pm, Annika1980 wrote:
We were slammed with a huge blizzard tonight, a good half inch, easy.

Annika et al

Should I post the pictures of our only snowfall in the last 10 or 12
years? It started in the evening and I had to use a flash to get the
pictures. Everything gone by morning.
Bob AZ

We had snow once a few years ago. I would have taken a picture but
the heat from the flash unit would have melted the flakes. Both of
them.

--

Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old January 18th 08, 07:22 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

wrote:

On Jan 16, 9:36?pm, Annika1980 wrote:
We were slammed with a huge blizzard tonight, a good half inch, easy.

Annika et al

Should I post the pictures of our only snowfall in the last 10 or 12
years? It started in the evening and I had to use a flash to get the
pictures. Everything gone by morning.
Bob AZ

Here's a couple miles from the Mexico border (although a mile high):
http://edgehill.net/Southwest/2003-01-arizona/pg1pc2

We had snow once a few years ago. I would have taken a picture but
the heat from the flash unit would have melted the flakes. Both of
them.

I saw a cool old pic of snow in San Francisco (wish I could find it
again) with Victorian ladies posing with their umbrellas :-) It frosts a
little most years and sometimes enough hail to look like snow. Mountains
around here get dusted a few times each year.
Old January 20th 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Martin Riddle

wrote in message ...
On Jan 17, 11:22 am, "jean" wrote:
"Annika1980" a écrit dans le message de news:

We were slammed with a huge blizzard tonight, a good half inch, easy.
Almost covered the cop car staked out across the street.

½" here is called a dusting IF it is mentionned at all

http://www.pbase.com/jeandr/image/91...image/91779069

Jean

I know what you mean Jean!
Helen

An all the schools probably closed.
30cm ? where are you from Helen?

Cheers

Old January 20th 08, 01:03 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Jan 19, 6:36*pm, "Martin Riddle" wrote:
wrote in ...

http://www.pbase.com/jeandr/image/91...ase.com/jeandr...

Jean

I know what you mean Jean!
Helen

An all the schools probably closed.
30cm ? where are you from Helen?

Cheers

Toronto. But we've been very lucky these days. Only dustings of snow
so far.....knock on wood.
Schools closing in Toronto? No way! The only schools that close are
the ones that are dependent on buses to pick up students and take them
home. When I was a kid, the only time my school closed was when it
was dangerous to walk on the street due to live hydro wires knocked
down from heavy winds.
Helen
Old January 20th 08, 04:31 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
jean

"Martin Riddle" a écrit dans le message de news:
gQvkj.458$XI6.131@trndny04...

wrote in message
On Jan 17, 11:22 am, "jean" wrote:
"Annika1980" a écrit dans le message de news:

We were slammed with a huge blizzard tonight, a good half inch, easy.
Almost covered the cop car staked out across the street.

½" here is called a dusting IF it is mentionned at all

http://www.pbase.com/jeandr/image/91...image/91779069

Jean

I know what you mean Jean!
Helen

An all the schools probably closed.
30cm ? where are you from Helen?

Actually we got 40cm one week and another 40cm le4ss than 2 weeks later.
The schools were closed one day each time. I am in Montreal and this year
we really got hit with a lot of snow so far. I really don't mind it
although my left arm hurts a bit from all the shoveling.

Jean