photo noise - a new random photo viewing site

Old February 9th 05, 02:19 AM

Default photo noise - a new random photo viewing site

I have just completed a fun website that displays, at random, digital
pictures from all over the world.

http://www.stevenread.com/photonoise/

These pictures are found randomly in real-time, there is no saving or
previous selection of photos - you never know what will come next! This
program was built for fun, this is not a business or anything, there
are no advertisements, and there is no cost.

It is incredibly simple and easy to use, so stop on by whenever you are
in the mood to view just a couple pictures, or put it on 'automatic'
and watch for hours!

Steven Read

Old February 9th 05, 02:37 AM
paul

I have just completed a fun website that displays, at random, digital
pictures from all over the world.

http://www.stevenread.com/photonoise/

These pictures are found randomly in real-time, there is no saving or
previous selection of photos - you never know what will come next! This
program was built for fun, this is not a business or anything, there
are no advertisements, and there is no cost.

It is incredibly simple and easy to use, so stop on by whenever you are
in the mood to view just a couple pictures, or put it on 'automatic'
and watch for hours!

Steven Read

That is a very cool concept.

Er... would it destroy the artistic intent to provide links to the
images? grin
Old February 9th 05, 02:46 AM
Karen

Hi Steven.

This is such a neat site! And addictive... it's fascinating to see what
slice of life appears next.

Thank you,

oups.com...

Old February 9th 05, 03:23 AM
The Naked Whiz

On 8 Feb 2005 17:19:09 -0800, wrote:

I have just completed a fun website that displays, at random, digital
pictures from all over the world.

http://www.stevenread.com/photonoise/

These pictures are found randomly in real-time, there is no saving or
previous selection of photos - you never know what will come next! This
program was built for fun, this is not a business or anything, there
are no advertisements, and there is no cost.

It is incredibly simple and easy to use, so stop on by whenever you are
in the mood to view just a couple pictures, or put it on 'automatic'
and watch for hours!

Steven Read

Can you tell us a little bit about it? Where do all these images come
from?

Doug
Old February 9th 05, 04:22 AM

The images are found from google.com web searches. This is being done
automatically every minute by a web server program. These images are
found by my program when people don't change the default image file
names! (DSC00001.JPG for instance). The program randomly makes these
names and then displays what google finds.

Thanks for checking it out. If you liked it, tell your friends!

Steven Read

Old February 9th 05, 02:55 PM
Cadillac_Jones

On 8 Feb 2005 17:19:09 -0800, wrote:

I have just completed a fun website that displays, at random, digital
pictures from all over the world.

http://www.stevenread.com/photonoise/

Very interesting site...It's fairly addicting

I must say I am amazed at the amount of photos people take of lectures
and presentations.

"I'm the luckiest man in the world. I have a cigarette
lighter and a wife...and they both work!"