A short Clip of Today's Morro Bay Flight

Old February 3rd 21, 12:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default A short Clip of Today's Morro Bay Flight

The weather was good out here today on the California Central Coast so I took a drive down to Morro Bay for a cabin fever relieving flight among the masts. There were one or two twitches, but all in all a much better day than the folks back East are dealing with.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-NvqWJth/0/58fae328/1920/Morro_Bay_Feb_2_mp4-1920.mp4

Savageduck

Old February 3rd 21, 02:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ed Ruf[_2_]

On Tue, 02 Feb 2021 15:11:02 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

The weather was good out here today on the California Central Coast so I took a drive down to Morro Bay for a cabin fever relieving flight among the masts. There were one or two twitches, but all in all a much better day than the folks back East are dealing with.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-NvqWJth/0/58fae328/1920/Morro_Bay_Feb_2_mp4-1920.mp4

Or those affected by the Rat Creek slide further up the coast.
https://abc7news.com/highway-1-big-s...aged/10133621/

Old February 3rd 21, 03:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Feb 3, 2021, Ed Ruf wrote
(in ):

wrote:

The weather was good out here today on the California Central Coast so I took a drive down to Morro Bay for a cabin fever relieving flight among the masts. There were one or two twitches, but all in all a much better day than the folks back East are dealing with.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-NvqWJth/0/58fae328/1920/Morro_Bay_Feb_2_mp4-1920.mp4

Or those affected by the Rat Creek slide further up the coast.
https://abc7news.com/highway-1-big-s...aged/10133621/

Yup!
We got a whole bunch of rain dumped on us due to the “atmospheric river” hitting the coast. For us that has passed, and is headed across the country to add to the weather woes of those in the mid-West and the east.

The big damage for our area was due to mud slides in the burn scar areas from the fires last year. The “River” fire resulted in mud slides, and damage around Salinas, Chular, and Soledad. The “Dolan” fire burned in August in Big Sur about 15 miles from my home, and it was a slide in that burn scar area which resulted in the “Rat Creek” slide. So South of the slide Hwy 1 is closed to traffic from just North of Ragged Point, and from the North it is closed just South of Big Sur.

Hwy 1 through Big Sur is going tho be closed to traffic for the best part of a year, perhaps longer. With the big slide we had 3 years ago it took 18 months to rebuild Hwy 1. This time at least the locals at Lucia, and Gorda will not be cut off as they were 3 years ago. It is another hit for the travel and tourist related businesses trying to plan a recovery in this C-19 World.

Savageduck

Old February 4th 21, 03:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Feb 3, 2021, Magani wrote
(in ):

On Thursday, 4 February 2021 at 12:20:17 am UTC+10, Savageduck wrote:
On Feb 3, 2021, Ed Ruf wrote
(in ):
wrote:

[...]

It's a beautiful part of the world and I'm very glad I had the opportunity to show it to my kids when we did a road trip quite a few years ago (LA to San Francisco to Yosemite).

Cheers from Down Under
Magani

I am glad that you enjoyed your exploration of our part of the World. Hwy 1 between Morro Bay, through Big Sur to Monterey is part of my regular stomping ground. Unfortunately that has been disrupted due to fires and the current mudslide road closure.

Yosemite is one of those places which is a must see as you can only appreciate the scale and magnitude of the place in person.

....and C-19 doesn’t help any of us with travel restrictions in place globally.

Savageduck

Old February 4th 21, 02:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_8_]

On Feb 2, 2021 at 3:11:02 PM PST, "Savageduck"
wrote:

The weather was good out here today on the California Central Coast so I took
a drive down to Morro Bay for a cabin fever relieving flight among the masts.
There were one or two twitches, but all in all a much better day than the
folks back East are dealing with.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-NvqWJth/0/58fae328/1920/Morro_Bay_Feb_2_mp4-1920.mp4

....and here is a 180º pano shot just before I started recording the clip
above.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-3z4bQKp/0/4d918359/O/DJI_0037Pl.jpg
Savageduck