epson colour printing

Old January 26th 17, 04:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default epson colour printing

On 1/25/2017 3:04 PM, Stewart wrote:
Thank you for responding.
I am running windows 10 on my desktop and the basic set up of the Epson
XP-405. Drivers are up to date. The inks are genuine and I am trying to
print on Epson Glossy paper with best photo setting.
The printer setting is Color Mode Epson Vivid.
I have tried to adjust the colours from the Colour Circle without success
however I have now done another nozzle check/clean and the printer is
working a bit better but colours still not right.
if i selected the red quadrant of the colour circle is this likely to
adjust
the colour of the print?
Thank you.

"Savageduck" wrote in message
news.com...

On Jan 24, 2017, Stewart wrote
(in article ):

I have an Epson XP-405 printer and despite using genuine Epson inks the
printed colours are not right. The pinks and Magenta are coming out
yellowish and even a scarlet red is a dull yellow. I have cleaned the
heads, unticked the grey scale, checked the driver, done all I can think
of
including trying to reset the colours from the colour chart (circle).
Can anyone give me advice? I am reluctant to disconnect the printer and
then have to reinstall it with all its software.
Thank you

To start with there are a few things that we need to know:

What computer OS are you using?

Do you have a calibrated display?
Even just using the basic calibration instructions will be better than
nothing if the calibration has been screwed up.

What software are you using to print?

Are you using update/current drivers for the XP-405?

Are you selecting appropriate paper type via the driver?

I can think of several things. It could be monitor calibration,
incorrect ICC profile, or you have a conflict where you printer and your
processing program are fighting to control the color. Considering the
cost of printing, re installation of your drivers should be considered.

--
PeterN
Old January 26th 17, 06:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PH[_2_]

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 20:04:26 -0000, Stewart wrote:

however I have now done another nozzle check/clean and the printer is
working a bit better but colours still not right.

Are you saying that the nozzle check printout wasn't perfect?

If it's not perfect the prints will not be much good. I found with the
cheaper Epsons that the nozzles do tend to dry out if not used
regularly. If it's not perfect after half a dozen nozzle check/clean
cycles switch it off and come back the next day and try again. On
occasions when a particular colour hasn't improved overnight it's been
a cartridge that has dried out even though the printer thinks it's
still got ink available and needs replacing.

--
Faster, cheaper, quieter than HS2
and built in 5 years;

Old January 26th 17, 06:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article .me.uk,
PH wrote:

however I have now done another nozzle check/clean and the printer is
working a bit better but colours still not right.

Are you saying that the nozzle check printout wasn't perfect?

If it's not perfect the prints will not be much good. I found with the
cheaper Epsons that the nozzles do tend to dry out if not used
regularly.

clogging hasn't been an issue for a very, very long time, unless you
use **** quality third party inks.

If it's not perfect after half a dozen nozzle check/clean
cycles switch it off and come back the next day and try again. On
occasions when a particular colour hasn't improved overnight it's been
a cartridge that has dried out even though the printer thinks it's
still got ink available and needs replacing.

do not do more than 3 nozzle cleanings at a time.
Old January 27th 17, 02:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Stewart[_2_]

Thanks to all, further nozzle checks has corrected the problem. I think
what has happened is that although the printer has been used frequently for
B & W prints it is over a year since I tried to do a colour print so
possibly as you say one or more of the nozzles was partly blocked.
All OK now.

Old January 27th 17, 03:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Stewart[_3_]

I have now done 2 more nozzle cleans/checks and the printer is working correctly. I think that the problem arose because despite regularly printing B & W I have not made a colour print for about a year.
Thanks to all, everything fine now.