Should Pentax have pushed the envelope with K3III?

Old April 8th 21, 10:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Should Pentax have pushed the envelope with K3III?

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 08:59:09 -0000 (UTC), Incubus

On 2021-04-01, RichA wrote:
Ho hum, another 24mp or so APS DSLR. With a 1,000,000 plus ISO setting yet. I've never used higher than 25,000 ISO on a camera, except when experimenting. Pentax has produced a great body, what they should have done though was put out a 50mp APS sensor, with an electronic HR mode. They should boost the K1 to 80mp. But they are at the mercy of Sony of course.

https://petapixel.com/2021/03/30/ric...ip-aps-c-dslr/
It might represent a good upgrade for Pentax owners but there is nothing there
to make owners of existing systems change brand.

The K1 is the only non-Nikon DSLR I looked at. Choice of lenses and continuous
AF are why I stayed with Nikon but the K1 and K1-II are quite impressive.

I admire the Pentax build, below the D850 Nikon DSLR's are plasticy. They just have good focusing.
The plastic doesn't bother me. I have the D700, the D800, the D750 and the
D600. The paint can come off the metal parts, leaving the "plastic" cameras
(which still have a metal chassis) looking better after a few years' use.

That's why I prefer silver coloured FMs to black models.

The last Nikon I had was a D300 and its black paint was 1000x stronger than the crap silver they put on my Olympus which wore through in the corners in less than 2 months.

With the FM, the silver is bare metal, not paint.

Electroplated.

Eric Stevens
Old April 15th 21, 07:49 PM
LauraWilliams LauraWilliams is offline
Junior Member

Location: NY

All photos are beautiful. Thank you for this thread.
https://fixthephoto.com/photojournalism-ideas.html

Last edited by LauraWilliams : April 22nd 21 at 01:09 PM.