How does the Nikon ML-L3 wireless remote work?

Old December 16th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tom Hise

Default How does the Nikon ML-L3 wireless remote work?

I'm curious about how the Nikon ML-L3 works. If there were two cameras,
side-by-side, would the remote trigger them both? If not, how does a
camera know if the remote is controlling it or the other camera? Does
anyone have any experience with this?

TIA

--
Tom Hise
Old December 16th 06, 03:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rudy Benner

"Tom Hise" wrote in message
I'm curious about how the Nikon ML-L3 works. If there were two cameras,
side-by-side, would the remote trigger them both? If not, how does a
camera know if the remote is controlling it or the other camera? Does
anyone have any experience with this?

TIA

--
Tom Hise

The address coding can be changed. See the manual.

Old December 16th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cynicor

Tom Hise wrote:
I'm curious about how the Nikon ML-L3 works. If there were two cameras,
side-by-side, would the remote trigger them both? If not, how does a
camera know if the remote is controlling it or the other camera? Does
anyone have any experience with this?

Are both cameras set to remote control mode? If so, I doubt you could
tell the difference. To do that, you should use something like a Pocket
Wizard set to two different channels on the two cameras.
Old December 16th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tim

I'm curious about how the Nikon ML-L3 works. If there were two
cameras, side-by-side, would the remote trigger them both? If not,
how does a camera know if the remote is controlling it or the other
camera? Does anyone have any experience with this?

TIA

Hi Tom

My basic understanding is this -

It's not camera specific so technically both cameras could trigger - hold
down the shooting mode button, turn the main command dial.

In reality you need to switch the cameras to remote shutter release
operation before they will accept the signal from the remote so one could be
set to fire and the other(s) not.

This I think gives you the option of setting up five cameras and firing them
all at the same time but have each set to a different delay 0, 2, 5, 10, 20
secs which might be useful to someone somewhere :-)

If I'm wrong I'm sure it won't be long till we find out :-)

Cheers

Tim

--
http://www.timdenning.myby.co.uk/