Slide show which?

Old January 16th 13, 05:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ben Brugman

Default Slide show which?

To share pictures with other I am looking for a slideshow creator, where the
result can be deployed.

I want to deploy the slide show with the individual pictures and give the
enduser some control over speed and pause and things like that. So I do not
want to make a DVD as a movie with the pictures on it.

But something like Windows Fotogalery, with the pictures which I can send to
somebody with a windows computer. I like the presentation of Windows
Fotogalery, but want more influence on that.

(Android and iPad would deployment would be nice as wel).

This is to share my picture with others like fellow travelers or from a
reception or a party. I want to put some effort in the presentation, but for
the receiver the slideshow should be very accesseble.

I am open to other solutions as wel, whereby the sharing of the pictures is
put in a 'nice' wrapper.

Thanks,
Ben Brugman

Old January 16th 13, 06:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-01-16 08:04:15 -0800, "ben brugman" said:

To share pictures with other I am looking for a slideshow creator,
where the result can be deployed.

Well the result can always be deployed.

I want to deploy the slide show with the individual pictures and give
the enduser some control over speed and pause and things like that. So
I do not want to make a DVD as a movie with the pictures on it.

Then you are going to have to make some decisions and compromises. If
you want to share the images with all and give them the ability
download individual images, then an HTML web gallery is going to be the
best way to go. You can create those with Lightroom or Bridge quite
easily. Another option is to use one of the cloud services such as
Dropbox, Google Drive, or Picasa Web Galleries.

The issue with the HTML galleries is for the most part you will be
paging through the images manually, they are galleries not slideshows.

But something like Windows Fotogalery, with the pictures which I can
send to somebody with a windows computer. I like the presentation of
Windows Fotogalery, but want more influence on that.

(Android and iPad would deployment would be nice as wel).

HTML galleries and mp4 files work nicely on both.

This is to share my picture with others like fellow travelers or from a
reception or a party. I want to put some effort in the presentation,
but for the receiver the slideshow should be very accesseble.

Most of the "slideshows" are Flash based, and there is a fair amount of
resistance to Flash in many circles. Also using a Flash slideshow does
not simplify downloading individual images. However, for a simple
presentation they can work quite well. the big problem is going to be
not everybody is going to be happy receiving a Flash slideshow.

So I have found that if download capability is desirable an HTML
gallery, either generated from Lightroom or Bridge, or sharing via
Dropbox. If all that is needed is a simple presentation I send a
Lightroom generated mp4 via Dropbox and that is downloaded from Dropbox
to be viewed in whatever viewer you have capable of dealing with mp4's,
not presented in a browser.

So here is what you get from me. The same images are in both:
Gallery:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lx56l61b7...%20Over%20Paso

....or mp4:
http://db.tt/HewVJWr0

Old January 16th 13, 07:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
me[_5_]

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 17:04:15 +0100, "ben brugman"
wrote:

[...]

Take a look at http://jalbum.net/en/
Creates pure HTML based albums with slideshows. I've been using it
with the ExhibitPlus skin for many years to generate albums of photos
for posting on my website. For instance:
http://edwardgruf.com/2012-07-18+_sunrises/

Old January 16th 13, 07:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

That does a pretty good job. I am impressed. I see it is Java based and
cross platform.

Savageduck

Old January 16th 13, 09:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Eric Stevens

wrote:

[...]

That's why it didn't work for me. I've recently disabled Java in the
light of it's current security problems. :-(

Eric Stevens
Old January 17th 13, 09:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
me[_5_]

wrote:

[...]

FWIW, I believe all that is needed is Javascript support and not the
infamous plugin which has the vulnerability is all in the news these
days. But I understand why some folks would want to keep this off as
well.
Old January 18th 13, 11:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-575...-after-update/

--
"There were, unfortunately, no great principles on which parties
were divided – politics became a mere struggle for office."

Old January 19th 13, 04:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ben Brugman

Take a look at http://jalbum.net/en/
Creates pure HTML based albums with slideshows. I've been using it
with the ExhibitPlus skin for many years to generate albums of photos
for posting on my website. For instance:
http://edwardgruf.com/2012-07-18+_sunrises/

Thank you for the example in jalbum, so I was able to see how this showed.

But as said I want to send the presentation (with the jpg's included) to
somebody, so they can keep it.
Presentations on the web need to be maintaned in some way.

So I would like to have the presentation OffLine, so that they can be kept
but need no maintenance.

What I would like is a program which you use to build a slideshow and to
deploy for example a runonly version of that program with the build
slideshow and the jpg's. So that when it is used on a highresolution screen
it works, but that it also works on lower resolution screens. Windows has
loads of programs which can show the slideshow, but none of them are
deployable.

For the Jalbum (again thanks for the example).
This probably does not meet my needs:
1. Controls which were visible during the show.
2. Controls changed from position/orientation, when going from vertical to
horizontal.
3. Full screen was not full screen, still controls visible and very slow.
4. Very limited amount of control how the slides were presented.

And allthough I liked the photos, I did not like this form of presentation.

Thanks for your input,
ben brugman

Old January 19th 13, 04:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Richard[_5_]

"ben brugman" wrote in message
b.home.nl...

[...]

Not quite sure what you're after but Irfanview can create an executable
slideshow.
http://www.irfanview.com/

Old January 19th 13, 05:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
me[_5_]

On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 16:06:18 +0100, "ben brugman"
wrote:

[...]

First, I have no affiliation with JAlbum other that being a users for
serval years. Don't think of using the JAlbum site. I don't, I use my
own domain/web site. Take a look at the SOFTWARE which allow you to
create image galleries. The look and feel of the gallery is controlled
by which skin you use and there are hundreds of skins available. I
happen to use and old one set up as you saw in the gallery I pointed
to on my web site. I choose to have the controls visible, they don't
have to be in the skin I use. The full screen slowness was determined
by how slow you were able to dl the full size image off my web site
which are 1.5-3.2 MB jpeg images.

You build the galleries and then present them however you want, on a
web site, CD, DVD, USB or off a hard drive. You pick a skin to
configure the thumbnail, slide and other pages how you want. you're
not fixed with any. Your gallery can be self contained with images all
in one directory as I pointed to originally or in multiple
directories. For example see:
http://edwardgruf.com/dogs_2013_1/index.html

I suggest you take a look at the software and available skins
themselves before making judgement. The only software needed by the
recipient is a browser, which all should have these days and doesn't
rely on any platform specific software, as say Irfanview does. You can
give anyone with a PC, MAC or Linux box a gallery.

Slide Show [email protected] Digital Photography 6 August 8th 07 11:24 AM
Slide Show Andy-J Digital Photography 1 August 8th 07 05:59 AM
Slide show on my TV CraigPetersen Digital Photography 1 August 1st 07 04:21 PM
Slide show Esteban Digital Photography 9 November 22nd 06 06:43 AM
Slide Show MSug2 Digital Photography 7 September 16th 04 03:07 PM