FS: OM-2 spot program + accessories (all MINT condition)

Old August 28th 07, 11:45 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
warp

Default FS: OM-2 spot program + accessories (all MINT condition)

Hey folks,

I inherited a 20 year old om-2 spot program that has never been used,
touched or taken out of the box. Even the boxes are shiny as new as if you
just bought them from the store, with all the manuals and warranties.

I decided that I am not going to use the camera again, since it’s in a
pristine condition I believe it even qualifies as a collector’s item, it
has never been used to shoot films, there are no scratches or dents. Its
NEW but old , I realy want to pass it on to someone who appreciate the
camera and the shape its at, someone who will definitely use it, its not
meant to be put on a shelf for 20 more years.

I want to sell everything as one package, but if you got other ideas feel
free to suggest them.
* 1x Olympus om-2 spot program with original box, manuals, warranty.
* 1x Zuiko auto-s 50mm F1.8 with original box, manuals, warranty.
* 1x Olympus eyecap 1 with original box.
* 1x Olympus electronic flash t20 with original box, manuals, warranty.
* 1x tokina sd 70-210 4-5.6
* 1x Olympus DX w zuiko lens 38mm 1:2.8 (snapshot)

I am not sure I want to sell this yet, but if you wish please give me a
price on it,

* 1x Olympus compartment case-s with manual. It’s a hard brown leather
case for one slr camera and telephoto 2 lenses.
* 49mm filter for the 50mm zuiko lens
* 49mm adapter/stepping ring ser vii
* 52mm adapter/stepping ring ser vii
* 58mm adapter/stepping ring ser vii
* 49mm cozo a-1 filter (came with the zuiko 50mm)
* 52 key uv filter (came with the tokina)
* 49mm rubber lens hoods
* 52mm rubber lens hoods

I am selling it all as one package, seller will pay for shipment from
Israel.

The highest offer wins, do not offer on this as if it was a used om-2sp,
like I said its never been used.

please reply to this thread, i dont want to put my email up because of
spambots.
Old August 28th 07, 12:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
PixelPix

On Aug 28, 8:45 pm, warp wrote:
[...]

You will get a heap more for it if you split it up and put it on
ebay ....allow for international buyers too, as there may only be a
small market in your area, but collectors are global.

Rusty
http://blog.pixelpix.com.au

Old August 28th 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

PixelPix wrote:
You will get a heap more for it if you split it up and put it on
ebay ....allow for international buyers too, as there may only be a
small market in your area, but collectors are global.

I second that advice. I expect that with the Israeli market what it is,
you would be lucky to get $200 for it as a package.

If you split it up and sell it on eBay, not only will collectors
be interested in it (except for the off brand stuff), but Japanese
collectors will be used to paying the high shipping charges you
will have to charge.

They would also feel more secure buying it from a person with
feedback instead of a bogus email address.

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/
Old August 28th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
warp

do you have any recommendations on how to split it up ?

Old August 28th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

warp wrote:
do you have any recommendations on how to split it up ?

Each of the olympus peices seperately.

The third party lenses depending upon their quality and expected
price. You may want to sell them seperately, or as a group
or if they won't make enough to be worth shipping, sell them
locally and make a student happy.

List copied from the orginal post and annotated:

First of all, change warranty to warranty card. The warranty has long
since expired.

I picked the groups becase the person buying the items will probably
want the extras and no one will pay to ship them from Israel.

Sell as groups:

Group 1:
* 1x Olympus om-2 spot program with original box, manuals, warranty.
* 1x Olympus eyecap 1 with original box.

Estimated price $250-$500, plus $100 for shipping. Due to rarity, send
via courier service (FedEX/UPS/DHL).

Group 2:
* 1x Zuiko auto-s 50mm F1.8 with original box, manuals, warranty.
* 49mm adapter/stepping ring ser vii
* 49mm cozo a-1 filter (came with the zuiko 50mm)
* 49mm filter for the 50mm zuiko lens
* 49mm rubber lens hoods

Estimated price $50, can't guess shipping.
Due to rarity, send via courier service (FedEX/UPS/DHL).

Group 3:
* 1x tokina sd 70-210 4-5.6
* 52mm adapter/stepping ring ser vii
* 52 key uv filter (came with the tokina)
* 52mm rubber lens hoods

Sell it in Israel for 100 NIS and 12 NIS shipping via
the post office special delivery.
You might get more outside of Israel, but no one is going
to pay insured air delivery for it.

Sell as seperate items:

* 1x Olympus electronic flash t20 with original box, manuals, warranty.
Estimated price $50, can't guess shipping.
Due to rarity, send via courier service (FedEX/UPS/DHL).

* 1x Olympus DX w zuiko lens 38mm 1:2.8 (snapshot)
I can't find any information on this, what is it?

* 1x Olympus compartment case-s with manual. It8099s a hard brown leather
case for one slr camera and telephoto 2 lenses.
No idea of price.

I don't know what the following fits:
* 58mm adapter/stepping ring ser vii
Give it away?

You would make a lot more money IMHO if you can find someone to carry
them to the U.S. in their luggage and ship them from there. Since most
of the items are impossible to find in NEW condition, people may be
interested, but if they have to pay to ship them from Israel and make
sure they actually get there and are undamaged, you will have to use a
courier service. I would not trust them to the Israeli Post Office.

That's the problem with the Tokina lens. It's not rare
and it's not special. I can get a "like new" one from
KEH complete with shipping for about $50.

Since the shipping is so expensive, you might want to offer it as a
package on eBay with an opening bid of $1000 and a buy it now of $1500.
You might just get lucky. You probably will have to relist it at a lower
price.

Old August 29th 07, 06:04 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

warp wrote:
* 1x Olympus DX w zuiko lens 38mm 1:2.8 (snapshot)

its a snapshot camera, the usual kind, from that era.

I don't remember it. I remember the XA and later the little
black autofocus thing, but nothing in between.

btw thanks for grouping everything, it kind of make sense now.

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help. If you are ever in town,
look me up.

Old August 29th 07, 06:19 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
warp

* 1x Olympus DX w zuiko lens 38mm 1:2.8 (snapshot)
I can't find any information on this, what is it?

its a snapshot camera, the usual kind, from that era.

btw thanks for grouping everything, it kind of make sense now.

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 20:49:03 +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson
wrote:

warp wrote:
do you have any recommendations on how to split it up ?

Each of the olympus peices seperately.

The third party lenses depending upon their quality and expected
price. You may want to sell them seperately, or as a group
or if they won't make enough to be worth shipping, sell them
locally and make a student happy.

List copied from the orginal post and annotated: