Continuous ink systems

Old April 3rd 07, 08:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Continuous ink systems

Hi this is my fist time on this site.

My problem is I have installed the above on my Epsom 360 witch prints
from the card etc and the colour is well
Green it needs about 50 magenta to rectify. And I have got this model
so the daughters could use it.

Anyone had this problem
Cheer Ron

Old April 4th 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Roy G

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi this is my fist time on this site.

My problem is I have installed the above on my Epsom 360 witch prints
from the card etc and the colour is well
Green it needs about 50 magenta to rectify. And I have got this model
so the daughters could use it.

Anyone had this problem
Cheer Ron

Are you really surprised?

You are not using Epson Ink.

The Profiles which get installed with the driver, all assume Epson Ink and
Epson Paper.

Do you have an ICC Profile for the actual Printer+Ink+Paper combination.

If not the chances of getting accurate colour do decrease more than just a
little.

Roy G

Old April 4th 07, 02:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
tomm42

On Apr 3, 3:25 pm, wrote:
Hi this is my fist time on this site.

My problem is I have installed the above on my Epsom 360 witch prints
from the card etc and the colour is well
Green it needs about 50 magenta to rectify. And I have got this model
so the daughters could use it.

Anyone had this problem
Cheer Ron

The ink is significantly different from Epson ink, do you know
anything about the ink, is it dye or pigment etc. If it is
substntially different between the printers native ink and this ink
you could be damaging your printer. There are several dependable ink
sellers, Media Street, MIS Associates come to mind.
The good thing is if you get a profile made, you won't have to screw
around with color adjustments, providing the application you're
working from takes profiles. Profiles aren't cheap, these guys do a
decent job and don't cost an arm and a leg http://www.booksmartstudio.com.

Tom