Is adobe Creative Clooud offline?

Old April 21st 20, 04:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default Is adobe Creative Clooud offline?

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 20:18:50 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Apr 20, 2020, Bill W wrote
(in ):

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 20:03:21 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Apr 20, 2020, Bill W wrote
(in ):

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 19:00:24 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Apr 20, 2020, Bill W wrote
(in ):

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 17:51:16 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Apr 20, 2020, Bill W wrote
(in ):

I can't get there with either of two computers.

Are you referring to the Adobe CC work files, your library, the Adobe CC desktop App, or the Adobe CC web site?

I have no issue accessing any of the Adobe CC that I use, including synced files, and logging in to the CC web site. Lightroom for web, and all iOS Lightroom synced files are available. I got updates for Photoshop, Lightroom, Lightroom Classic, and ACR 5 days ago.

I'm online with Adobe support. Something is very broken on both of the
PC's I use, and I'm wondering if it's Malwarebytes.

I don’t use Malwarebytes, and as you know I have a 100% Mac work environment. It does seem strange that you have two PC’s showing the same problem.

Has Adobe support been able to help at all?

Adobe helped make me very ****ed. Other than that, they seem to have
made things much worse. It's done over a chat window, and very
frustrating.

From your initial post it seems that you have issues connecting with some part of Adobe CC. Since you should have the various apps installed on your computers, and should be able to access all LR,& PS function off-line, what seems to be the actual problem. Please describe, that might strike a nerve among those of us here using the current Adobe CC. As I have said I use macOS & iOS, and there are at least two others here who use Adobe CC on Windows.

You know how they define insanity? Well I kept trying the same thing
over and over, and really did get different results. I used an
uninstaller app for the CC app, and then tried to install the app with
a downloaded file from Adobe. The 3d, or 4th, or whatever try finally
worked, and all of my apps now appear in the CC app, and there are no
more error codes. So now I need to start on the other one - the one
that says I'm offline without an internet connection. I am definitely
not offline, but the CC desktop app says I am, so it looks like the CC
app is just broken. I think there were recent updates that happened
automatically, and something broke. My belief is that all of this is a
problem with Adobe. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling on the
other PC now, and see what happens.

OK! I seem to be a step behind you.

Go ahead with the reinstall. There were updates for PS, LR, LR Classic, and ACR 5 days ago. I updated without issue.

I uninstalled and reinstalled on the other PC, but I get the same
"offline" error. One odd thing is that it seems to open both the 32
and 64 bit version of the app, and of course neither one works. It
does seem to try - it says "loading creative cloud", then changes to
sort of brand new firewall issue, or I could try uninstalling
Malwarebytes. But this might be something to do tomorrow. I believe
that Malwarebytes also recently updated, and I saw something about
issues in other areas. Maybe it's broken.
Old April 21st 20, 05:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

wrote:

[...]

From your initial post it seems that you have issues connecting with some part of Adobe CC. Since you should have the various apps installed on your computers, and should be able to access all LR,& PS function off-line, what seems to be the actual problem. Please describe, that might strike a nerve among those of us here using the current Adobe CC. As I have said I use macOS & iOS, and there are at least two others here who use Adobe CC on Windows.

[...]

It was Malwarebytes. And there is some chance that it caused the
problem on the other PC, too. One of the first things Adobe did was
uninstall it. All of the other problems after that might have been
something they did wrong when they were trying to uninstall things by
their methods.

I'm still waiting for B&H to notify me that the Macbook Air I was
looking at is in stock. I hadn't realized at the time that it was a
new model, and Apple hadn't shipped them to the retailers yet. It's
pretty likely now I'll be getting that thing, even though this new
problem has nothing to do with that decision.
Old April 21st 20, 05:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Apr 20, 2020, Bill W wrote
(in ):

wrote:

[...]

From your initial post it seems that you have issues connecting with some part of Adobe CC. Since you should have the various apps installed on your computers, and should be able to access all LR,& PS function off-line, what seems to be the actual problem. Please describe, that might strike a nerve among those of us here using the current Adobe CC. As I have said I use macOS & iOS, and there are at least two others here who use Adobe CC on Windows.

[...]

I suspected as much. Any AV, or anti-malware software can screw up legitimate app instalations.

One of the first things Adobe did was
uninstall it. All of the other problems after that might have been
something they did wrong when they were trying to uninstall things by
their methods.

Perhaps.

I'm still waiting for B&H to notify me that the Macbook Air I was
looking at is in stock. I hadn't realized at the time that it was a
new model, and Apple hadn't shipped them to the retailers yet. It's
pretty likely now I'll be getting that thing, even though this new
problem has nothing to do with that decision.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with just how good macOS can be. especially with software such as PS, and LR. You might go through some initial transition from Windows issues, but you will get through those.

Savageduck

Old April 26th 20, 02:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 21:33:23 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Apr 20, 2020, Bill W wrote
(in ):

wrote:

[...]

From your initial post it seems that you have issues connecting with some part of Adobe CC. Since you should have the various apps installed on your computers, and should be able to access all LR,& PS function off-line, what seems to be the actual problem. Please describe, that might strike a nerve among those of us here using the current Adobe CC. As I have said I use macOS & iOS, and there are at least two others here who use Adobe CC on Windows.

[...]

Just a note for anyone who might have the same issue - I reinstalled
Malwarebytes after i got everything working again, and everything is
fine with Malwarebytes running again. It's just one of those things.

And I think I finally made up my mind on the specs I want for the Air.
It's a lot of money ($1500, plus a hub, plus an external 1 TB SSD),
but I did a lot of research, and I think it will fit my needs very
well. I might wait a bit to see what the new Pro has to offer for
whatever price, but I don't think it will look more appealing than the
Air. Plus I didn't get that check yet...

Old May 4th 20, 02:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 4, 2020, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In , Bill W
wrote:

And I think I finally made up my mind on the specs I want for the Air.
It's a lot of money ($1500, plus a hub, plus an external 1 TB SSD),
but I did a lot of research, and I think it will fit my needs very
well. I might wait a bit to see what the new Pro has to offer for
whatever price, but I don't think it will look more appealing than the
Air. Plus I didn't get that check yet...

your wait is over.

Why? Did you get Bill’s check?

Savageduck

Old May 4th 20, 02:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

And I think I finally made up my mind on the specs I want for the Air.
It's a lot of money ($1500, plus a hub, plus an external 1 TB SSD),
but I did a lot of research, and I think it will fit my needs very
well. I might wait a bit to see what the new Pro has to offer for
whatever price, but I don't think it will look more appealing than the
Air. Plus I didn't get that check yet...

your wait is over.

Why? Did you get Bill¹s check?

https://appleinsider.com/articles/20...s-13-inch-macb
ook-pro-with-magic-keyboard
Following a year of speculation and rumors, Apple has released a new
13-inch MacBook Pro with Magic Keyboard, and up to tenth-generation
Intel processors.
Old May 4th 20, 03:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Mon, 04 May 2020 09:46:44 -0400, nospam
wrote:

https://appleinsider.com/articles/20...s-13-inch-macb
ook-pro-with-magic-keyboard

I was just a mouse click away from ordering the Air, but for $300 more
I can get a useful upgrade with the Pro. It's the same 512/16, but has
better performance because of the better cooling and a faster
processor, and a brighter screen to boot. I still might wait a bit to
see if the Air price drops - I know that the Air will work just fine
for me if I stick with that, and I would save some money.

Do you know when the new 14" will come out?

I am fortunate that there is no hurry - I don't *need* anything at the
moment. I just want to move on from all Windows.
Old May 4th 20, 03:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Bill W
wrote:

https://appleinsider.com/articles/20...s-13-inch-macb
ook-pro-with-magic-keyboard

I was just a mouse click away from ordering the Air, but for $300 more
I can get a useful upgrade with the Pro. It's the same 512/16, but has
better performance because of the better cooling and a faster
processor, and a brighter screen to boot. I still might wait a bit to
see if the Air price drops - I know that the Air will work just fine
for me if I stick with that, and I would save some money.

it's also a little heavier and has a touchbar instead of physical
function keys, which some people find quite useful and others not so
much.

wait for some of the early reviews to drop, which should be within the
week.

Do you know when the new 14" will come out?

people were assuming that because the 15" macbook pro went to 16" by
reducing the bezels that the 13" would follow.

it look like that was not a good assumption.

perhaps they were planning to do that, but for some reason, chose not
to, maybe due to supply chain disruptions due to covid. or maybe it was
just wishful thinking. nobody outside of apple knows the real story.

it's unlikely there will be a 14" model any time soon.

I am fortunate that there is no hurry - I don't *need* anything at the
moment. I just want to move on from all Windows.

everyone does. they just don't realize it.