Another B&W Treatment w/Grain

Old February 20th 16, 08:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Another B&W Treatment w/Grain

On 2/19/2016 8:16 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:

snip

In the forums where "street" is popular, many people prefer to call it
"documentary". The photographs document life as we see it. I prefer
to label mine as just "Candids".

To my way of thinking, the distinction is subject. "street" is more like
a cityscape where people are part of the subject. Whereas with candid,
the people are the subject. The classification depends on how the
photographer portrays the scene.

While this these ladies happen to be sitting at a street-side table,
it's not a street scene:

https://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Candi...0-03-07-02.jpg

The same with these two:

https://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Candi...0-03-20-03.jpg

Both show isolation; one self-imposed and the other together but
isolated in their separate world.

Are you sure they are not texting each other?

--
PeterN
Old February 20th 16, 08:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-02-20 19:26:15 +0000, PeterN said:

On 2/19/2016 12:48 PM, Savageduck wrote:
This shot just didn't work in color, and adding some grain gives it more
of a 'street' feel.
https://db.tt/bJ7j5PHR

Yes I can see where this would not work in color. It does in monochrome.
I see two subjects, divided by a lamp post. The surfer with a cell
phone, and the woman just chilling out, contemplating the water.

Actually, with a different crop, there are three subjects.
https://db.tt/ItuwKSfz

Savageduck

Old February 20th 16, 09:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2016-02-20 19:26:15 +0000, PeterN said:

On 2/19/2016 12:48 PM, Savageduck wrote:
This shot just didn't work in color, and adding some grain gives it more
of a 'street' feel.
https://db.tt/bJ7j5PHR

Yes I can see where this would not work in color. It does in monochrome.
I see two subjects, divided by a lamp post. The surfer with a cell
phone, and the woman just chilling out, contemplating the water.

Actually, with a different crop, there are three subjects.
https://db.tt/ItuwKSfz

I should have seen that which was cropped out.

--
PeterN