Portrait of Idiots

Old February 18th 16, 06:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

Default Portrait of Idiots

On 2/17/2016 11:21 PM, RichA wrote:
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...culprits-70799

Certainly hope they catch them, this is my local store where they have
been very helpful selling me Fuji-X kit.
Old February 18th 16, 06:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-02-18 18:26:34 +0000, newshound said:

On 2/17/2016 11:21 PM, RichA wrote:
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...culprits-70799

Certainly

hope they catch them, this is my local store where they have been very
helpful selling me Fuji-X kit.

What Fuji-X kit are you working with?

Fuji is currently having a promotion with various discounts on a
variety of cameras and lenses. I have just ordered the FX 10-24mm f/4
with a $200 discount for $799.

....and after the firmware 4.0 update on my X-E2 it is like a whole new camera.

Savageduck

Old February 18th 16, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

On 2016-02-18 18:26:34 +0000, newshound said:

On 2/17/2016 11:21 PM, RichA wrote:
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...culprits-70799

Certainly

hope they catch them, this is my local store where they have been very
helpful selling me Fuji-X kit.

What Fuji-X kit are you working with?

Fuji is currently having a promotion with various discounts on a variety
of cameras and lenses. I have just ordered the FX 10-24mm f/4 with a
$200 discount for $799.

...and after the firmware 4.0 update on my X-E2 it is like a whole new
camera.

X-E1, 18-55, 10-24, 50-230, 18 mm F2. And I just treated myself to the
EF-42, but got that 20% cheaper from Amazon. Thinking about the XF60
some time.

The 10-24 is fantastic! I forget what I paid, but there was a discount
when I bought it. About £750, I think.

I don't really need another body, but I suppose I might think about it
when the X-E3 comes out. With the firmware upgrade on the X-E1 I still
find auto focus a bit hit and miss when I'm trying to shoot horses in
low light, especially with the 50-230.

Here are some shots with the 10-24, shot as JPEG on auto iso, just
cropped (and compressed to 1024 pixels for FB). After seeing how well
they came out I wish I had taken more.

https://www.facebook.com/steve.radcl...=3&pnref=story
Old February 19th 16, 07:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-02-18 18:26:34 +0000, newshound said:

On 2/17/2016 11:21 PM, RichA wrote:
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...culprits-70799

Certainly

hope

they catch them, this is my local store where they have been very
helpful selling me Fuji-X kit.

What Fuji-X kit are you working with?

Fuji is currently having a promotion with various discounts on a variety
of cameras and lenses. I have just ordered the FX 10-24mm f/4 with a
$200 discount for $799.

...and after the firmware 4.0 update on my X-E2 it is like a whole new
camera.

X-E1, 18-55, 10-24, 50-230, 18 mm F2. And I just treated myself to the
EF-42, but got that 20% cheaper from Amazon. Thinking about the XF60
some time.

B&H is selling the EF-42 for $159. The XF 60 has a $200 discount and is
priced at $449.00.

The 10-24 is fantastic! I forget what I paid, but there was a discount
when I bought it. About £750, I think.

I wanted something wider than the 18mm provided by the XF 18-55mm
f/2.8-4 and I am also looking for a bit more reach. The new 100-400mm
f/4 and the 50-140mm f/2.8, even with discount are priced so that I
have to consider what else I could buy for that expenditure. With the
XF 10-24 discounted this seemed to be the lens to buy now.

I don't really need another body, but I suppose I might think about it
when the X-E3 comes out. With the firmware upgrade on the X-E1 I still
find auto focus a bit hit and miss when I'm trying to shoot horses in
low light, especially with the 50-230.

Even with the firmware updates the X-E1 lags the later editions
starting with the older X-Trans sensor. Also, the Firmware v. 4.0 is
not available for the X-E1. The X-E2 & X-E2S have the X-Trans CMOS II
sensor and the upgraded EXR Processor II CPU.
That brings quite an improvement to the AF with regards to acquisition and lag.

Then there is the larger, upgraded LCD.

Since the release of the X-E2S I think the possibility of an X-E3 soon
is not likely. I think the next development progression will be to give
the new 24MP X-Trans III sensor and EXR-III processor from the X-Pro2
into new editions of the X-T1, X-T10, and the X-E bodies, and that is
probably 1-2 years away.

Here are some shots with the 10-24, shot as JPEG on auto iso, just
cropped (and compressed to 1024 pixels for FB). After seeing how well
they came out I wish I had taken more.

https://www.facebook.com/steve.radcl...=3&pnref=story

Not

being a Facebook subscriber I didn't see those shots. What I noticed is
your reading list where you note John Le Carré as one of your favourite
authors. If that is a genre you enjoy, let me recommend Alan Furst, and
suggest that you start with his novels in sequence starting with "Night
Soldiers", "Dark Star", "The Polish Officer", "The World at Night",
"Red Gold", "Kingdom of Shadows", "Blood of Victory", "Dark Voyage",
"The Foreign Correspondent", "Spies of the Balkans", "The Spies of
Warsaw", "Mission to Paris", and "Midnight in Europe"

Savageduck

Old February 19th 16, 08:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-02-18 18:26:34 +0000, newshound said:
[...]

You might also be interesed in this information.
http://www.fujifilm-x.com/af/en/

Old February 19th 16, 04:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-02-18 18:26:34 +0000, newshound said:
[...]

I keep finding stuff that should be of interest to anybody shooting the
Fujifilm X-Series.
https://fujixsecrets.wordpress.com/2016/02/17/x-e2-vs-x-e2s-ending-the-confusion/

Old February 19th 16, 05:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

On 2016-02-19 08:24:10 +0000, Savageduck

On 2016-02-19 07:01:16 +0000, Savageduck
On 2016-02-18 22:29:44 +0000, newshound
On 2016-02-18 18:26:34 +0000, newshound
said:
[...]

Interesting links thanks, but I think I am still more inclined to buy
lenses than bodies at the moment. It's not like the old days of film
where I often carried around two bodies to have the easy option of
transparency and B/W. Or if I were a pro, and definitely needed to carry
around a backup or two. The improved focus options look good, and I have
always regretted the smaller range of exposure correction on the X-E1. I
almost always used to shoot with 2/3 stop extra exposure, although I
have the impression since upgrading the firmware that this is not quite
so necessary. Also my default is now spot metering which seems more
reliable. As an aside, I was using an old Canon compact the other day
(Ixus 850 IS, nice because it is surprisingly good in macro mode) and I
suspect that that their processor recognises expanses of sky, and
processes for shadow detail in the non-sky area. With the Fuji I seem to
have to adjust manually a bit more.

I will look out for Alan Furst, thanks for the tip.