Urgent for Mac users with Adobe CC

Old February 16th 16, 06:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Urgent for Mac users with Adobe CC

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Well, I use Backblaze, and it's a good service. And yes, CC
temporarily munged it up with their utter crap CC software.

Settle down. A minor bug (fixed before the Register article was
published) from the world's premier developer of high-end graphics
applications, and a company known for software that is as free of bugs
as any on the market. Maybe Backblaze should have better protected a
necessary file?

there's nothing backblaze could have done and it doesn't only affect
backblaze either.

Thank you for that timely information. As pointed out, the issue was
fixed prior to publication of the Register article.

tell that to the affected users who lost data.

the point is that it's adobe's bug. backblaze was only how it was found.

You are confronting about a problem that was rapidly fixed.

that doesn't matter to those who were affected and lost data.

Exactly what
additional critical information did you contribute.

that backblaze could not have done anything about it.

next time, read before you spew.

And you posting was after the user would have needed to do anything
about. You are once more proving that you are a confrontational jackass.

you still don't get it.

if you actually read the posts, you'd have seen that someone suggested
backblaze could have done something.

Maybe Backblaze should have better protected a
necessary file?

there's nothing backblaze could have done. it wasn't their bug.

put simply, you haven't a clue how it works and just wanted to turn it
into a flamefest. that makes *you* the confrontational jackass.

Peaches are fruits. It's important that everybody knows that.

what's even more important is that everybody know that you're also a
fruit.

Uh Huh!
Yet another sophisticated response.

truth hurts.
Old February 16th 16, 06:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On 2/16/2016 1:13 PM, nospam wrote:

snip

truth hurts.

That must be why you continually avoid it.
You won't even agree to admit being wrong, if I prove you to be. Crawl
back into mama's basement.

--
PeterN
Old February 16th 16, 09:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

You won't even agree to admit being wrong, if I prove you to be.

you haven't proven me wrong. all you did was waffle.

if you really thought i was wrong, you'd *jump* on the chance to prove
it, yet you have not done so.

you're full of ****.

and you're also wrong about yet another thing:

In article , PeterN
wrote:
Well, I use Backblaze, and it's a good service. And yes, CC
temporarily munged it up with their utter crap CC software.

Settle down. A minor bug (fixed before the Register article was
published) from the world's premier developer of high-end graphics
applications, and a company known for software that is as free of bugs
as any on the market. Maybe Backblaze should have better protected a
necessary file?

there's nothing backblaze could have done and it doesn't only affect
backblaze either.

Thank you for that timely information. As pointed out, the issue was
fixed prior to publication of the Register article.

the issue was *not* fixed prior to the register article.

the bug was fixed *sunday*, 2 days *after* the article. you lose again.

https://twitter.com/backblaze/status/698932708387360769
Adobe has told us that their fix is up and ready to be downloaded
10:11 AM - 14 Feb 2016

and the register reported the fix yesterday:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/02..._creative_clou
d_update/
15 Feb 2016 at 17:01, Andrew Cobley
The firm Monday said it had removed the Creative Cloud Desktop
update, which it admitted ³incorrectly removed² files from the Mac¹s
system root directory.
Problems surfaced on February 12 when it emerged the Creative Cloud
update was deleting vital data for users of BlackBlaze drives,
leaving them with the error message ³your drive is no longer backed
up."
Old February 16th 16, 09:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2/16/2016 4:16 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

You won't even agree to admit being wrong, if I prove you to be.

you haven't proven me wrong. all you did was waffle.

if you really thought i was wrong, you'd *jump* on the chance to prove
it, yet you have not done so.

Invalid speculation.

you're full of ****.

Then agree. If I can't produce, you have lost nothing.

wrote:
[...]

All that wriggling does not change the fact that the information was
published in this group, prior to your grand announcement. The issue is
not a matter of who is right, the issue is your confrontational mannerisms.

--
PeterN
Old February 16th 16, 10:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

You won't even agree to admit being wrong, if I prove you to be.

you haven't proven me wrong. all you did was waffle.

if you really thought i was wrong, you'd *jump* on the chance to prove
it, yet you have not done so.

Invalid speculation.

there's nothing invalid about it. you know quite well you'd jump at the
chance.

you're full of ****.

Then agree. If I can't produce, you have lost nothing.

i provided references supporting my statements.

you have done nothing but babble.

absent credible evidence to the contrary, my statements stand. period.

wrote:
[...]

update, which it admitted 3incorrectly removed2 files from the Mac1s
system root directory.
Problems surfaced on February 12 when it emerged the Creative Cloud
update was deleting vital data for users of BlackBlaze drives,
leaving them with the error message 3your drive is no longer backed
up."

All that wriggling does not change the fact that the information was
published in this group, prior to your grand announcement. The issue is
not a matter of who is right, the issue is your confrontational mannerisms.

i did not make a grand announcement. more of your fabricated bull****.

davoud suggested that backblaze could have done something and i said
they could not. had you not butted in, it would have ended there.

you decided butt in without having read what was written and
intentionally turning it into a flamefest, which demonstrates *your*
confrontational mannerisms.

as for the bug being fixed *before* the original article was posted,
that is *wrong*. it was fixed two days *after* the original article and
reported in a separate article posted yesterday.
Old February 18th 16, 02:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 08:40:30 -0800, Savageduck

On 2016-02-15 16:18:38 +0000, said:

On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 14:06:02 -0800, Savageduck

On 2016-02-13 21:11:49 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/02...reative_cloud/

Aah! The FUD herald, "The Register".
Who has even heard of "BackBlaze"?

It certainly hasn't done anything to my Mac and ability to back up.

Well, I use Backblaze, and it's a good service. And yes, CC
temporarily munged it up with their utter crap CC software.

Well, I had never heard of Backblaze until this report, and I keep my
not so "utter crap" CC software up to date. I have not experienced any
of the issues reported.

That's great, but it doesn't mean the issue, widely demonstrated,
didn't exist.
Old February 18th 16, 02:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 11:44:52 -0500, Davoud wrote:

:
Well, I use Backblaze, and it's a good service. And yes, CC
temporarily munged it up with their utter crap CC software.

Settle down. A minor bug (fixed before the Register article was
published) from the world's premier developer of high-end graphics
applications, and a company known for software that is as free of bugs
as any on the market. Maybe Backblaze should have better protected a
necessary file?

Seriously? Backblaze should protect against bugs from other
manufacturers? How canthey possibly do that? Can they predict all the
permutations of bugs and software that might happen?

Adobe's CC software works, but it's a slow memory hog so most of the
time I leave it off. I turn it on only to check in and collect
updates. Other than that it serves no purpose for me.