Urgent for Mac users with Adobe CC

Old February 13th 16, 09:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Urgent for Mac users with Adobe CC

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/02...reative_cloud/

Eric Stevens
Old February 13th 16, 10:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-02-13 21:11:49 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/02...reative_cloud/

Aah! The FUD herald, "The Register".
Who has even heard of "BackBlaze"?

It certainly hasn't done anything to my Mac and ability to back up.

Savageduck

Old February 13th 16, 11:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

On 2016-02-13 21:11:49 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/02...reative_cloud/

Aah! The FUD herald, "The Register".
Who has even heard of "BackBlaze"?

lots of people. it's one of many backup services.

more importantly, the bug is not tied to backblaze.

It certainly hasn't done anything to my Mac and ability to back up.

how do you know?

what happens is the contents of the folder that's alphabetically first
at root level is deleted, which if it's not backblaze will be something
else, possibly something critical to the system.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/...eative-cloud-u
pdater-erases-root-level-mac-data
Perhaps more troubling is that many Mac users will find the
".DocumentRevisions-V100" folder at the top their root drive. The
file includes data critical to autosave and version history
functionality, the deletion of which could result in various system
errors.
Old February 14th 16, 02:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 18:02:00 -0500, nospam

On 2016-02-13 21:11:49 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

[...]

Thank you.

I almost didn't post this warning as I expected to be howled down by
Apple afficianados. The Register might enjoy publishing articles
high-lighting Apple problems but their joy doesn't matter to me. The
fact they catch these things fairly early does.

There are a lot of people in this news group using both Apple machines
and Adobe CC. It would be less than fair of me to hear of a problem of
this kind without giving everyone a warning.

Eric Stevens
Old February 14th 16, 03:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I almost didn't post this warning as I expected to be howled down by
Apple afficianados. The Register might enjoy publishing articles
high-lighting Apple problems but their joy doesn't matter to me. The
fact they catch these things fairly early does.

why would apple fans bitch? it's adobe's bug, not apple's.

it's also been reported on many other sites than the register.

There are a lot of people in this news group using both Apple machines
and Adobe CC. It would be less than fair of me to hear of a problem of
this kind without giving everyone a warning.

yep.
Old February 14th 16, 03:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 22:25:01 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I almost didn't post this warning as I expected to be howled down by
Apple afficianados. The Register might enjoy publishing articles
high-lighting Apple problems but their joy doesn't matter to me. The
fact they catch these things fairly early does.

why would apple fans bitch? it's adobe's bug, not apple's.

I never really know why, but it happens.

Old February 14th 16, 08:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Eric Stevens Wrote in message:
On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 22:25:01 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I almost didn't post this warning as I expected to be howled down by
Apple afficianados. The Register might enjoy publishing articles
high-lighting Apple problems but their joy doesn't matter to me. The
fact they catch these things fairly early does.

why would apple fans bitch? it's adobe's bug, not apple's.

I never really know why, but it happens.

it's also been reported on many other sites than the register.

There are a lot of people in this news group using both Apple machines
and Adobe CC. It would be less than fair of me to hear of a problem of
this kind without giving everyone a warning.

yep.

http://petapixel.com/2016/02/13/warn...ve-cloud-delet
es-data-in-your-mac-root-directory/

and there's a fix in the article...
--
Bats can't tell us apart!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old February 14th 16, 08:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

android Wrote in message:
Eric Stevens Wrote in message:
On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 22:25:01 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I almost didn't post this warning as I expected to be howled down by
Apple afficianados. The Register might enjoy publishing articles
high-lighting Apple problems but their joy doesn't matter to me. The
fact they catch these things fairly early does.

why would apple fans bitch? it's adobe's bug, not apple's.

I never really know why, but it happens.

it's also been reported on many other sites than the register.

There are a lot of people in this news group using both Apple machines
and Adobe CC. It would be less than fair of me to hear of a problem of
this kind without giving everyone a warning.

yep.

http://petapixel.com/2016/02/13/warn...ve-cloud-delet
es-data-in-your-mac-root-directory/

and there's a fix in the article...

Opps... Users with a case sensitive filesystem might wanna use the
uppercase for the fix...
--
Bats can't tell us apart!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old February 14th 16, 04:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

http://petapixel.com/2016/02/13/warn...ve-cloud-delet
es-data-in-your-mac-root-directory/

and there's a fix in the article...

Opps... Users with a case sensitive filesystem might wanna use the
uppercase for the fix...

users with a case sensitive file system will have far bigger problems.
Old February 14th 16, 09:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

nospam:
why would apple fans bitch? it's adobe's bug, not apple's.

I wonder why it is that I need an administrator password to change this
directory, but Adobe does not.

Eric Stevens:
I never really know why, but it happens.

Because whoever is responsible for this problem is invisible and
anonymous, but you are the visible messenger, the easy one to blame.
Hell, for all I know you moonlight with Adobe and you *are* responsible
for this bug, and you posted out of guilt

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm