no rules of composition?

Old May 13th 17, 09:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
dale

Default no rules of composition?

On 5/8/17 1:58 PM, Neil wrote:
On 5/8/2017 11:19 AM, dale wrote:
is there a guaranteed handshake between expression and perception?

No, it's guaranteed to be a very shaky hand between expression and
perception.

kind of nihilistic huh?

so much for my nihilistic sub-personality now that I've hit rock bottom

or was this just a philosophical edge that I was teetering on for a long
while and can now avoid?

either way, besides philosophy, my experience with art is more
perceptive than expressive

got to get a point and shoot and start taking pictures/videos of my
cats, can't push the little buttons on a smart phone ...

--
dale | http://www.dalekelly.org
Old May 13th 17, 10:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

On 5/13/2017 4:31 PM, dale wrote:
On 5/8/17 1:58 PM, Neil wrote:
On 5/8/2017 11:19 AM, dale wrote:
is there a guaranteed handshake between expression and perception?

No, it's guaranteed to be a very shaky hand between expression and
perception.

kind of nihilistic huh?

so much for my nihilistic sub-personality now that I've hit rock bottom

or was this just a philosophical edge that I was teetering on for a long
while and can now avoid?

either way, besides philosophy, my experience with art is more
perceptive than expressive

got to get a point and shoot and start taking pictures/videos of my
cats, can't push the little buttons on a smart phone ...

Perhaps more neilistic (same pronunciation, but not as fatalistic),
because what matters is which end of the art you're dealing with. Some
forms of art are imperceptible until the final presentation, so for the
artist, the endeavor (and only available tool) is to express.

--
best regards,

Neil
Old May 13th 17, 11:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
dale

On 5/13/17 5:14 PM, Neil wrote:
On 5/13/2017 4:31 PM, dale wrote:
On 5/8/17 1:58 PM, Neil wrote:
On 5/8/2017 11:19 AM, dale wrote:
[...]

can't find neilistic in wiktionary, but what about a narcissistic artist
whose purpose is his own perception from start to finish? might be some
partial attempts at this around, save Narcissus himself

--
dale | http://www.dalekelly.org
Old May 14th 17, 07:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
dale

On 5/13/17 6:58 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Sat, 13 May 2017 18:28:38 -0400, dale wrote:

On 5/13/17 5:14 PM, Neil wrote:
On 5/13/2017 4:31 PM, dale wrote:
On 5/8/17 1:58 PM, Neil wrote:
On 5/8/2017 11:19 AM, dale wrote:
[...]

You don't think it has anything to do with the writer's name being
"Neil", do you?

looks like I'm a straight man for comedy acts, its something ...

Good thing his mother didn't name him "Nihil" and forgotten to give
him a moral compass.